Adventure vs. Freedom during President's week 2019 with teenagers?

coolmomi

We cruise every President's week with our family. This year we went just the two of us an Jewel of the Seas out of Puerto Rico and it was great for us however there were few teenagers around. In Feb 2019 Adventure is an 8 night sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and Freedom is a 7 night sailing out of Puerto Rico. Both are comparable in price. We are taking a 15 and 16 year old boy and girl with us who are seasoned cruisers. Please share your thoughts on which ship you may feel is better suited for our family. Just would like an outside opinion. Happy cruising!

We did a "back 2 back" on Navigator (9nts from Miami) and Freedom (6nts from Fort Lauderdale) in February 2017 and we like Freedom A LOT better then Navigator. We have sailed on all classes from Royal except Quantum Class (and Empress that have her own class) and I don't think that we will be sailing on the Voyager Class again, I would rather sail on Vision or Radiance - Class even if they are older/smaller then the Voyager Class.

Edited by Extra Kim

We did a "back 2 back" on Navigator (9nts from Miami) and Freedom (6nts from Fort Lauderdale) in February 2017 and we like Freedom A LOT better then Navigator. We have sailed on all classes from Royal except Quantum Class (and Empress that have her own class) and I don't think that we will be sailing on the Voyager Class again, I would rather sail on Vision or Radiance - Class even if they are older/smaller then the Voyager Class.

Can you tell me what you didn’t like about the Navigator? We have never sailed on her but have a 9 day booked in November to the ABC islands.

Just wanted to be prepared....

Can you tell me what you didn’t like about the Navigator? We have never sailed on her but have a 9 day booked in November to the ABC islands.

Just wanted to be prepared....

Sounds like the cruise we did.

It's really hard to put a finger on it. But both me and my wife thought that the ship feelt small (and on paper she's not), the Freedom class is very similar BUT the changes compared to the Voyager class do make a big positive difference. Navigator feelt old (keep in mind that we have done 21nts on Legend OTS (Vision Class) and she is older but we didn't get that feeling on her) and in need of a dry dock.

We liked the Windjammer and the pool area a lot better on the Freedom Class.