Opinions on Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Pier 66, Bahia Mar or B Ocean

Newfie Girl

Which on would you pick for one night stay for a family of 4 - two adults, 2 kids?

Pier 66, B Ocean or Bahia Mar.

Pier 66 and B Ocean same price, Bahia Mar about $90/night more expensive.

Arriving early after cruise so best case scenario early check in or they take a luggage and we get to use the pool or beach until check in available.

Would you consider the Doubletree GalleryOne for your family of 4? It has large rooms with a kitchen. Right on the water taxi stop, a few blocks to beach, pool etc. We found it pretty reasonably priced.

We stayed at Pier 66 several years back and the pool and property were lovely but I believe new owners now? Our next cruise we will possibly stay at Bahia Mar but haven't yet.

I'd be interested which one you choose and your opinion after you've stayed.

Would you consider the Doubletree GalleryOne for your family of 4? It has large rooms with a kitchen. Right on the water taxi stop, a few blocks to beach, pool etc. We found it pretty reasonably priced.

We stayed at Pier 66 several years back and the pool and property were lovely but I believe new owners now? Our next cruise we will possibly stay at Bahia Mar but haven't yet.

I'd be interested which one you choose and your opinion after you've stayed.

I'll check it out. Thank you

No hotel is going to advertise/guarantee early check-in. We've found it helps if you have status with the hotel chain - you can get pushed to the top of the list for an empty room. That said, hotels will store your luggage and many, if not most, will let you use the amenities while waiting for your room to be available. How fast you get into a room also depends on how many people are checking out and how early they do so. On a Saturday or Sunday during the high season (winter and early spring) when hotels are at full capacity you will arrive before embarking cruisers have even checked out. It could be quite a wait for an available room. On a weekday you will probably have better luck for getting an early/earlier check in.

I would not venture way north to the GalleryOne unless you want to spend a day at the Mall. IMHO the area/hotel is nothing special and the walk to the beach is too far. The location cannot be compared to the hotels south along the beach.

The B is tricky because it depends on the room location. Regardless, If your kids love the beach and/or pool close to the beach then go for it!!! You can walk to many restaurants and things along the beach, rent bikes, etc.

Sure there are many other hotels that come to mind but given the 3 you listed, go for the B!

I would not venture way north to the GalleryOne unless you want to spend a day at the Mall. IMHO the area/hotel is nothing special and the walk to the beach is too far. The location cannot be compared to the hotels south along the beach.

The B is tricky because it depends on the room location. Regardless, If your kids love the beach and/or pool close to the beach then go for it!!! You can walk to many restaurants and things along the beach, rent bikes, etc.

Sure there are many other hotels that come to mind but given the 3 you listed, go for the B!

We never stepped foot in the mall when at the GalleryOne. Bought the day pass for the water taxi and hopped on and off. Lots to see and can stop for lunch or supper and also at beach to enjoy for a few hours or eat lunch right across from it. We've stayed there a couple times and enjoyed it.

To each their own-lots of hotel choices. Only reason I suggested it was because it seems more room for 4 people. We also walked across the draw bridge to a great Italian restaurant.

OP-part of the fun is picking a hotel. Good luck and I hope your family has a wonderful time.

It took me about an hour to pick a cruise (RC Harmony of the Seas) and weeks to pick a hotel! Now wheres the logic to that LOL. That being said part of the fun is reading all the posts on CC. Thanks everyone.

Now I just have to decided between Bahia Mar and B Ocean....

Is it not unusual for the Bahia Mar to be more expensive than the B?

It’s been the other way around whenever I checked but maybe there are room differences on your date. Some rooms at the B are older and close to the busy road and not in the beach block.

Do look around to see if you can find cheaper rates for the Mar. Then it will be a good option because it is closer to the popular restaurant blocks along the oceanfront.

We just stayed at the Pier 66 a couple of weeks ago. I too was concerned by reading the reviews, especially now that it is an "unbranded" hotel. But found the property clean and service fine. I booked the cruise & snooze package. It includes two "welcome" drinks, two buffet breakfasts and two "passes" for the shuttle to the pier....all in one price. Easy to budget that way. They also have a beach shuttle. We needed to go to the Marriott Harbor because we had a dinner certificate, and they happily dropped us off at Holiday drive. I normally take soda with me on board, and the little mini mart across the street worked just fine. If I was younger, I would have opted to go over the bridge to the various shops. But I had no need to. We are booked there again in September and are planning on having dinner at the restaurant there.

Oh and we have stayed at the Bahia Mar and the B Ocean (when it had two other names) but found the Pier 66 better suited for us

Which on would you pick for one night stay for a family of 4 - two adults, 2 kids?

Pier 66, B Ocean or Bahia Mar.

Pier 66 and B Ocean same price, Bahia Mar about $90/night more expensive.

Arriving early after cruise so best case scenario early check in or they take a luggage and we get to use the pool or beach until check in available.

Pier 66 is a Ft Lauderdale landmark, right near Port Everglades.

B Ocean has recently been remodeled and basically right on the beach. ( they have a mermaid show...at least they did 2 years ago )

Bahia Mar...another landmark on the inter coastal.

They are all nice hotels just depends on what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just stayed at the Pier 66 a couple of weeks ago. I too was concerned by reading the reviews, especially now that it is an "unbranded" hotel. But found the property clean and service fine. I booked the cruise & snooze package. It includes two "welcome" drinks, two buffet breakfasts and two "passes" for the shuttle to the pier....all in one price. Easy to budget that way. They also have a beach shuttle. We needed to go to the Marriott Harbor because we had a dinner certificate, and they happily dropped us off at Holiday drive. I normally take soda with me on board, and the little mini mart across the street worked just fine. If I was younger, I would have opted to go over the bridge to the various shops. But I had no need to. We are booked there again in September and are planning on having dinner at the restaurant there.

Oh and we have stayed at the Bahia Mar and the B Ocean (when it had two other names) but found the Pier 66 better suited for us

Can you tell me where your room was at Pier 66 thanks