Escape/Live/Solo/Halloween '17

sid_9169

At this point I inquired about a taxi, and figured I would have better luck food wise back at the malecon. Everyone raves about the great food and service at the Tropicante, so I thought I would try it out. It was not to be, and after waiting 20 minutes to try and place an order, I moved on to the Krazy Lobster. It was better than Ship Wrek'd, but still lacking. At this point I decided to just head back to the ship.

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

I hope you have more luck the next 2 days.

Things are finally starting to look up in Cozumel today... Starting out with the famous bacon and lobster sandwich at LeChef...

c89d76db518b2473368a0f1fba072f1a.jpg

Hopefully I'm on the right side of this wall, that's broken glass concreted to the top...

b8c5a0bd479483ef23aa3bea937f12ec.jpg

afd581528abc0fe9d8a10c0f1d012291.jpg

Waiting at MIA for my 10:00 am flight back home to Atlanta... Bad weather aside, this would have probably been a great cruise.

Warning: TMI alert*** However, by the third day I came down with some serious gastrointestinal issues, which kept me in my cabin for a couple of days. Also, as a parting gift, I now have a bad cold/cough, which seems to have been going around, as there was much coughing going on in the debarkation line this morning...

I hate to say it was my worst cruise ever. Not the fault of NCL, just the circumstances did not line up for me this week.

I am heading back out on the Escape again four weeks from today, so hoping for redemption.

Yesterday was the first cruise day ever that I did not have even one single alcoholic beverage. I spent a lot of time in Vibe, and Bong was great, and entertaining as usual. I just wish that I had felt better. The crowd was fun, but I was just not up to it. I'm really hoping that things go much better in four weeks.

Glad to hear that you were able to get a Toro Toro in Food Republic. Sadly it sounds like that one drink used up a huge chunk of good luck. ;)

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the review.

On the ground here in Miami... I guess you can tell that I'm old school when it comes to transportation. I took the Metrorail from MIA to the government center station. From there, the Metro Mover to Bayside. Walked one block to the hotel. Total price = $2.25 and took about 20 minutes. A cab would have been around $30... That's $28 more towards happy hour drinks this afternoon...

698580bc38b8b99a3079b676e004878c.jpg

Oh man I stayed here post Escape cruise last summer and literally barely moved off the bed on account of the massive hangover I was trying to recover from.