Alcohol on board

twokids0204

I just checked on the Princess site under "Cruise Gifts and Services" and there is a choice of Bacardi White Rum or Cruzan Coconut Rum. I was not logged into a personalizer since I don't have a cruise booked currently, but you could easily check yourself and see if you can pre-order the Bacardi White. Might not be your rum of choice, but it's not coconut!

I think you are correct. Those two rum brands are available from cabin service, or at least they were last week. We just got off the Pacific Princess a little over a week ago and bought other spirits for cabin consumption that are on the same list you reference. I note that some posters here appear to get confused over the brands and volumes of liquor available for purchase when on board. Four points: 1. You can purchase from their so called "duty free" shop all sorts of spirits not available via cabin service, most are in one litter bottles, but a big but, not for on board consumption and you only receive these the afternoon before disembarkation. 2. The lists from the cabin service menu aren't very accurate sometimes, for instance I found that I could order, for cabin consumption, wines they never list but have on board. 3. Spirits for cabin consumption are in 375 ml bottles not 750 ml as the wine is. 4. On your cruise personalizer you can pre-order the same wines and spirits available from room service once on board and have them waiting in your cabin, the prices listed include the gratuity.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody had experience with ordering the 375 ml bottles from room service on the Regal in the last week or two? I'm trying to figure out if I need to preorder on the website or not! We like to have a drink on our balcony and have always enjoyed having the 375 ml bottles available from room service.

It doesn't appear that Clownfish Cruiser's question was answered, and I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know whether Regal passengers can currently order these 375s via room service? Thanks.

Jim

• 1 month later...
It doesn't appear that Clownfish Cruiser's question was answered, and I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know whether Regal passengers can currently order these 375s via room service? Thanks.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll answer my own question!

The 375-ml bottles were NOT on the Regal room service menu in March. I did preorder because I didn't want to take any chances, and had no problem getting what I ordered for the room. I did ask and got no answer on why the 375-ml bottles were no longer on the room service menu (at least on the Regal). Wine was still on the room service menu. I'm not sure about beer. Spirits definitely were not :(

The 375-ml bottles were NOT on the Regal room service menu in March. I did preorder because I didn't want to take any chances, and had no problem getting what I ordered for the room. I did ask and got no answer on why the 375-ml bottles were no longer on the room service menu (at least on the Regal). Wine was still on the room service menu. I'm not sure about beer. Spirits definitely were not :(

I wonder whether that is Regal specific? I have been told by Princess that I can purchase the 375s through room service on our upcoming Sapphire cruise.

Ok new cruiser here. Just want to clarify the situation to see if I have understood this:

1. passengers are are not allowed to take their own drink on board - be it alcohol or not? Those that want to do this smuggle stuff on.

2. In order to enjoy spirits you have to preorder for your cabin before the cruise - bottles cannot be bought on the ship.

Is this correct? Thanks

I wonder whether that is Regal specific? I have been told by Princess that I can purchase the 375s through room service on our upcoming Sapphire cruise.

I was actually told by a Princess agent that I could purchase spirits on the Regal via room service...which was not the case on our cruise. If it's an inventory issue, Princess should let us know to preorder!

Ok new cruiser here. Just want to clarify the situation to see if I have understood this:

1. passengers are are not allowed to take their own drink on board - be it alcohol or not? Those that want to do this smuggle stuff on.

2. In order to enjoy spirits you have to preorder for your cabin before the cruise - bottles cannot be bought on the ship.

Is this correct? Thanks

1. You can not bring on board spirits or beer. You can carry on 1 x 750ml/pp* of wine without charge for use in your cabin. Additional bottles carried on board are subject to a $15/bot corkage fee when boarding. Corkage paid bottles can be used anywhere on the ship.You are allowed to bring on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you wish.

*pp of drinking age. can not be fortified wine.

We were on the Sun last month and I was able to order a couple of 375ml bottles of Crown from room service after boarding. Each time the charge was $25AU plus a $2 room service gratuity that was automatically added even though I tipped the delivery person. The spirits were not on the room service menu, but all I had to do was call to order. They delivered promptly with a bucket of ice.

We were on the Sun last month and I was able to order a couple of 375ml bottles of Crown from room service after boarding. Each time the charge was $25AU plus a $2 room service gratuity that was automatically added even though I tipped the delivery person. The spirits were not on the room service menu, but all I had to do was call to order. They delivered promptly with a bucket of ice.

Thanks Funkat. The only reason I'm holding off on pre-ordering is that I have a terrible £>$ exchange rate fixed on my booking that is making the bottles even more expensive than they should normally be! I think its working out at $1.25 to the £ - mind you, with the way the £ is tanking again, by the time our cruise comes up at the end of the month, that might look like a bargain!

Liquor- Officially you're not suppose to but many do. Just don't pack it in your checked luggage or leave it in the original bottle for you carry on. Look into RumRunners or a generic cheaper version.

Is this correct? Thanks

I'm not sure about pre-ordering since we have never done it prior or even ordered when on the ship.

It's priced out of sight.

Drinking liquor or wine only in your cabin is a common misconception. Wine can be brought by the glass anywhere on the ship (dining room included). I suppose if you walked around carrying a bottle of wine they might say something.

We just mix our own drinks/wine in just about any glass before leaving our cabin and never been challenged.

Princess is creating considerable confusion with regard to liquor pre-orders and cabin service. I'm not certain what is going on.

This topic has been discussed on this forum before with no resolution. I have noticed posts on various threads regarding failure to pre-order spirits and wine resulted in no cabin service for these items. This concerns me, but on our most recent cruise with them in Feb, over the almost one month long voyage, I had no problem ordering from cabin service, 750 ml bottles of wine, as long as they had it on board and not necessarily on their cabin service menu and 375 ml bottles of spirits but those had to be on the cabin service menu. We also pre-ordered liquor, both spirits and wine, which was waiting for us in our cabin. Cabin service never suggested we had to pre-order spirits in order to get them for cabin delivery.

Due this turmoil on C.C. posts, before we cruised, I called Princess and asked them what was going on. After considerable back and forth and after I had spoken to two Princess representatives they told me they believe this all stems from pre-orders getting priority. If they are short on such and such spirit on board, then without a pre-order you aren't going to get it from cabin service. They assured me that cabin service liquor policy wasn't changing. But from some of these posts and experiences that appears to not be the case.

• 1 month later...
Due this turmoil on C.C. posts, before we cruised, I called Princess and asked them what was going on. After considerable back and forth and after I had spoken to two Princess representatives they told me they believe this all stems from pre-orders getting priority. If they are short on such and such spirit on board, then without a pre-order you aren't going to get it from cabin service. They assured me that cabin service liquor policy wasn't changing. But from some of these posts and experiences that appears to not be the case.

Thank you for this information!

An update on the subject of cabin service but not for booze but water. Apparently Princess now requires you to pre-order water if you want it by the case, 12 bottle cases. On our last cruise I ordered a case, it was in our cabin, but they said it was free, due some benefit for that particular cruise or cabin or something. Later in the cruise I ordered another case, no can do. You have to order by the bottle if you didn't pre-order it, $2.00 pb. Others have posted the same.

• 1 month later...
So if I'm reading correctly. If I pre order liquor and pay the exorbidant price I'm only allowed to drink it in my cabin?? I can't walk up to a bar and order a coke and then top it off with a splash of rum that I've already paid them for?

We always mixed our drinks in our cabin with our room service & mini bar liquor and Cokes that we carried on board. Nothing was ever said to us regarding us bringing our drinks anywhere on the ship, including the shows.

So if I'm reading correctly. If I pre order liquor and pay the exorbidant price I'm only allowed to drink it in my cabin?? I can't walk up to a bar and order a coke and then top it off with a splash of rum that I've already paid them for?

The people at Princess headquarters write these rules in hopes that sufficient passengers will believe them & increase profits.

There's nothing to keep anyone from adding their own liquor (no matter where obtained) to any drinks provided you're not walking around with a bottle of rum in one had & a drink in another.

Have fun, but be discreet. :whiskey-glass:

The people at Princess headquarters write these rules in hopes that sufficient passengers will believe them & increase profits.

There's nothing to keep anyone from adding their own liquor (no matter where obtained) to any drinks provided you're not walking around with a bottle of rum in one had & a drink in another.

Have fun, but be discreet. :whiskey-glass:

We get the complimentary mini-bar(s) and I frequently have a couple of mini-bottles in my pocket and add them to whatever nonalcoholic drink I've gotten with the soda and more package.

Then again, I have been known to sneak a couple of rum runners in my luggage, and have refilled those little bottles if it's a drunk day.

It's up to each paxs level of comfort. I don't want to start a debate.

We get the complimentary mini-bar(s) and I frequently have a couple of mini-bottles in my pocket and add them to whatever nonalcoholic drink I've gotten with the soda and more package.

Then again, I have been known to sneak a couple of rum runners in my luggage, and have refilled those little bottles if it's a drunk day.

It's up to each paxs level of comfort. I don't want to start a debate.

No debate necessary.

That's what we've been doing for a long time...and I thought I was by myself. :D:D