Another drinks package question - I did search!

jodieh12

I'm so sorry for another question about this but I can't find the answer to my question and when I think I've found it it relates to US or non Europe!

Wanting to go on Meraviglia from Barcelona 25 November for 7 days. When I make a mock booking it includes the bar and restaurant drinks package. My issue is my hubby won't drink Heineken. Am I right in thinking if we upgrade to the deluxe package that that includes all bottled beers? He will drink one or two of the bottle beers and JD too. If so can just one of us buy the upgrade and does anyone know how much it is and what's included in the deluxe package. I know that everything without an asterix is included on the classic just not what's included on the deluxe!

Thanks all xx

I'm so sorry for another question about this but I can't find the answer to my question and when I think I've found it it relates to US or non Europe!

Wanting to go on Meraviglia from Barcelona 25 November for 7 days. When I make a mock booking it includes the bar and restaurant drinks package. My issue is my hubby won't drink Heineken. Am I right in thinking if we upgrade to the deluxe package that that includes all bottled beers? He will drink one or two of the bottle beers and JD too. If so can just one of us buy the upgrade and does anyone know how much it is and what's included in the deluxe package. I know that everything without an asterix is included on the classic just not what's included on the deluxe!

Thanks all xx

I believe everything is available on the Deluxe Package except Double Asterix items.

From MSC Website

421.jpg

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT

Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are included), liqueur, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, premium mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the theme bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu. Furthermore, this package entitles you to a 30% discount on all champagnes and wines from our wine lists. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses and food served in the specialty restaurants. TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The package is not available for charter cruises and for large groups (over 250 persons on the Lirica class vessels, over 350 persons on the Musica class vessels and over 500 persons on the Fantasia class vessels). The package is not available for cruises 1-3 night; the minimum number of night is FOUR (4).

It's true that bottled beers are included in the deluxe package. All cabin occupants must upgrade.

The extra cost is €24 pppd - plus 15% service charge if upgrading onboard. If can upgrade prior to sailing, you avoid the SC. All items, including those with ONE asterisk, are included. Items with 2 asterisks are not included on any package.

There are other beers on tap in the Brass Anchor bar on Meraviglia (including Guinness). I can't remember what beers they had - usually it's Murphy's Red, Newcastle Brown Ale and either Becks or Stella Artois on MSC ships. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo (which I usually do to keep a record of what's on tap on the various ships).

Thanks for that guys, on the menus I've seen I couldn't see any drinks containing 2 asterix, can you point me in the right direction?

We were on Fantasia in the Med and I really enjoyed it for the price we paid, we are usually NCL fans but can't justify double the price at the moment xx

Thanks for that guys, on the menus I've seen I couldn't see any drinks containing 2 asterix, can you point me in the right direction?

We were on Fantasia in the Med and I really enjoyed it for the price we paid, we are usually NCL fans but can't justify double the price at the moment xx

There is an MSC Seaside drinks menu here priced in $ Thread which may give you an idea,

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573427

Second photo down in the following link shows what's known as the Super Premium Selection:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338079&postcount=72

Note, in next photo, the Premium Selection (which the deluxe package includes). These are from last June on Meraviglia and are in Euros, as you can see. Prices won't have risen much, if at all, by the time you sail.

Just a thought, perhaps you could buy the beer vouchers whilst on board so that he can have his choice of the beers in that package rather than just the Heineken. That would save you from having to upgrade both your packages if your happy with all of the other included drinks.

I'm sure someone will correct me if this isn't a good idea.

Rob

Just a thought, perhaps you could buy the beer vouchers whilst on board so that he can have his choice of the beers in that package rather than just the Heineken. That would save you from having to upgrade both your packages if your happy with all of the other included drinks.

I'm sure someone will correct me if this isn't a good idea.

Rob

That is what I intend to do.

Slightly off topic but it will be interesting what drink packages are on Meraviglia out of New York next year and for the transatlantic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slightly?

I would say irrelevant.:)