More bad news on Sea Princess

For several months Sea Princess has had problems at sea and

Although previous news from Princess Corp was that the engine problems would be completely solved by 3rd August We have found out (via other news sources NOT Princess directly) that our 18th Aug Asia cruise has had huge changes to the itinerary.

We start now by missing 3 ports and having 6 sea days ending at Singapore where we stay 3 days?? why waste these days when they could have put in one of the missed ports. We lose Bali and Vietnam and another port an d I feel this is very very poor customer relations as these problems if they could not be solved should have had advices of change of itinerary before final payment day

We also have been advised that the cruises AFTER our one have also had itinerary changes so they have no intention of mending the engine correctly AND THIS IS TO BE USED FOR THE WORLD CRUISE in 2015??

Princess you should be ashamed of yourselves for this poor treatment olf mostly loyal customers:(

For several months Sea Princess has had problems at sea and

Although previous news from Princess Corp was that the engine problems would be completely solved by 3rd August We have found out (via other news sources NOT Princess directly) that our 18th Aug Asia cruise has had huge changes to the itinerary.

We start now by missing 3 ports and having 6 sea days ending at Singapore where we stay 3 days?? why waste these days when they could have put in one of the missed ports. We lose Bali and Vietnam and another port an d I feel this is very very poor customer relations as these problems if they could not be solved should have had advices of change of itinerary before final payment day

We also have been advised that the cruises AFTER our one have also had itinerary changes so they have no intention of mending the engine correctly AND THIS IS TO BE USED FOR THE WORLD CRUISE in 2015??

Princess you should be ashamed of yourselves for this poor treatment olf mostly loyal customers:(

Three days in Singapore? They could be attempting a quick fix band-aid in Singapore.

I too would be upset if they sold me a promise to visit headline ports and then significantly changed the itinerary.

What gets up my goat is that they known they are having issues with Sea Princess, but continue to offer cruises they know they have no intention of supplying.:mad:

False advertising.:eek:

Steer clear of Sea Princess until they can keep to their advertised itinerary.;)

Edited by By The Bay

Three days in Singapore? They could be attempting a quick fix band-aid in Singapore.

I too would be upset if they sold me a promise to visit headline ports and then significantly changed the itinerary.

What gets up my goat is that they known they are having issues with Sea Princess, but continue to offer cruises they know they have no intention of supplying.:mad:

False advertising.:eek:

Steer clear of Sea Princess until they can keep to their advertised itinerary.;)

They might be working on early engine rebuilds in Singapore and need the three days to get enough complete before moving again

The work would continue as it is a big job which may not finish till early next cruise

Then you have running in issues

They usually do rebuilds one engine at a time while on the go and therefore at a steady pace

Might not work in this case due to engine requirements

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lasted I have heard from reading Princess Facebook page is that the Sea Princess is booked in for a dry dock in October. :confused:

So this may be an interim thing just to bide time till then

Cool info

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lasted I have heard from reading Princess Facebook page is that the Sea Princess is booked in for a dry dock in October. :confused:

Just checked Princess site. Not able to book any Sea Princess cruise in August online. :confused:September to November and beyond still being offered. :(

Cannot see any dates set aside for dry dock until 3 - 17 October 2015.:mad:

Edited by By The Bay

It is shocking how they keep carrying on and selling itineraries knowing full well they cannot meet all the ports on time. Poor service and customer relations all around, princess hang your head in shame and pick up your game.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

Can't help but wonder whether they would do the same thing if this latest cruise was departing from the US, or whether they would advise passengers in advance and offer a full refund.

That is also my feeling They bat Carnival Princess Australia do seem to think that Australians will put up with anything because they know we cannot cancel without loosing our deposits.:(:(

That is also my feeling They bat Carnival Princess Australia do seem to think that Australians will put up with anything because they know we cannot cancel without loosing our deposits.:(:(

if people use an FCC and find out before final payment is due they can cancel out for any reason

If you don't want to cruise with the amended itinerary, you might like to consider approaching The Office of Fair Trading for a full refund.

if people use an FCC and find out before final payment is due they can cancel out for any reason

This used to be the case but I think - it needs checking - that when they changed the life of the letters to 2 years this option disappeared from the rules.

Friend of mine got off Sea Princess in Fremantle about 2 weeks ago - he said then that they had been told that she was "going to Singapore for repairs" - and implied that it was to be almost immediately.

I have an interest in this as we are going on her to NZ on 27 Oct. Frankly - have been to NZ on a cruise 3 times already - so as long as they don't run out of cold beer or hot pies onboard, I don't really care what happens - would like to see Akaroa and Napier though!! :)

Barry

This used to be the case but I think - it needs checking - that when they changed the life of the letters to 2 years this option disappeared from the rules.

no that option is still there as we had to cancel out on an upcoming cruise one week before final payment was due and got our FCC back to use on another cruise

I noticed yesterday that the fares for our Oct 27 cruise are dropping - and there seems to be plenty of availability. Maybe we might get a visit from the upgrade Fairy ?? :) -- if these low fares attract virgins who don't know about the "problems"

Barry

no that option is still there as we had to cancel out on an upcoming cruise one week before final payment was due and got our FCC back to use on another cruise

That is good news I was under the other misapprehension:D

This is very disappointing....have they offered any compensation to passengers?

This ship has been plagued with problems since its last dry dock....maybe this time, they will rectify them.

The question Windsor needs to ask is "Is this cruise substantially the cruise I booked" or "Has this cruise substantially changed". If the answer is the latter, which seems to be the case from Windsor's comment, then he/she ("they") needs to send an email letter to Princess stating the cruise they had bought is significantly different to the one now offered and what does Princess propose to offer as compensation. If they are prepared to accept a refund, then they should suggest that to Princess. They should also put a time limit on Princess for a response.

If they don't get an amicable response or any response, then they need to go to the Office of Fair Trading as it would seem that this cruise is no longer the cruise they bargained on.

Cheers

Di

The problem is that the itinerary changes have been made after final payment date.:mad:

Final payment is irrelevant to my above comment - which I think was posted momentarily before yours.

Cheers

Di

The question Windsor needs to ask is "Is this cruise substantially the cruise I booked" or "Has this cruise substantially changed". If the answer is the latter, which seems to be the case from Windsor's comment, then he/she ("they") needs to send an email letter to Princess stating the cruise they had bought is significantly different to the one now offered and what does Princess propose to offer as compensation. If they are prepared to accept a refund, then they should suggest that to Princess. They should also put a time limit on Princess for a response.

If they don't get an amicable response or any response, then they need to go to the Office of Fair Trading as it would seem that this cruise is no longer the cruise they bargained on.

Cheers

Di

Of course before I threaded this I e-mailed Princess direct and asked for their input but as yet have not had an acknowledgement nor a reply. I have also put this non the main Princess site

All passengers on affected itineraries are receiving obc as compensation. Problem is, after making several calls to them on behalf of unhappy clients, they are pulling out the T&Cs and stating that they reserve the right to change the itineraries at any time. Plus they haven't been particularly forthcoming with the email notifications regarding the changes. Really, they should cancel a cruise, put her in dry dock and get it fixed ASAP. She's meant to be doing the World Cruise next year. They need to get it sorted properly!