Carnival Cruise Line Tweaks 'Faster to the Fun' Pricing

LauraS

This is the type of corporate greed that gets me and yet people encourage it by paying the price asked.

Unfortunate this goes along with everything these days and is only going to get worse. People need to stop in my opinion.

No one if forcing anyone to buy it. So when you say this is the last straw, I say good riddens. You probably are the ones that cut in the buffet line because you just feel you are entitled.

Until I was Platinum, I sat in the lobby and waited with the rest. Or I would just wait to get to the port and stop at a local restaurant and take my time getting there. It wasn't so bad. When I finally got onboard, I sat with my luggage and waited to get to my room at 1:30 like most of the passengers.

People need to stop being in such a rush and enjoy their vacation.

Boarding Carnival Liberty at Port Canaveral, general embarkation began soon after I was seated after check-in. FTTF was available for those able to use it; I saw few doing so in the short time I was seated. My embarkation number was quickly announced and I was on the ship more quickly than I expected. I wouldn't pay for FTTF or any other such program on any cruise that offered it.

I don't think fttf should get on and off the ship the same time as Diamond. I've had them push their way past me to get on and off the ship before me, so rude. I paid a lot of money to become Diamond now I feel like I don't count for anything.

After 48 cruises with Carnival I will be sailing NCL next month for the first time. I do have two more Carnival cruises booked also. Now I will have something to compare.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good." Corporations should want to make money for the services they provide. If they don't, they go out of business. And no cruise for you. Carnival hasn't raised prices on this service in two years. Demand is high.

Most land-based resorts raise their prices an average of 5% a year due to rising operating costs and the money that goes into renovations of the property. A cruise ship is no different. In this instance, they are finding creative ways to actually keep costs down for the general ship population by finding a certain group wishing to pay an extra fee. That's actually kind of smart and generous toward those who won't purchase it.

Carnival gettin GREEDY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, Carnival, like any other business that has shareholders, has a responsibily to make a profit.

Simple supply and demand. And when people want to pay extra to board the ship early, they should get whatever the market will bear.

So it is not greed, but good business practices.

Besides, you don't like it, no one is forcing you to pay it.

It will continue increasing until it stop selling out. It's literally economics 101. All the people saying they're done with Carnival, I promise they couldn't care less if you "leave" over something like this. If an extra $20 is really that big of a deal breaker, you wouldn't have been buying FTTF to begin with. It's a luxury, not a necessity.

They priced me out with the last increase so I'll just wait 6 more cruises, then it becomes an included perk. And I won't feel like my perk has been watered down at all because I get mine included and people buying FTTF have to pay for it. I also don't see why CCL shouldn't test the market, if people are willing to pay the higher cost and it still sells out then that's not a bad thing.

Carnival gettin GREEDY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one is forcing you to buy it.

Man there are a lot of people complaining about something that is completely optional. We have used it twice but at the new prices we probably won't again. That is our decision, certainly not going to blame the company for my decision.

This is the type of corporate greed that gets me and yet people encourage it by paying the price asked.

Unfortunate this goes along with everything these days and is only going to get worse. People need to stop in my opinion.

I agree with with what you say and how your feel, but its basic economic principles. They will continue to raise the price as so long as it continues to sell out. Its not about people encouraging it, its about enough people with money to spend that still find a value in the product at the rising price point.

No one if forcing anyone to buy it. So when you say this is the last straw, I say good riddens. You probably are the ones that cut in the buffet line because you just feel you are entitled.

Until I was Platinum, I sat in the lobby and waited with the rest. Or I would just wait to get to the port and stop at a local restaurant and take my time getting there. It wasn't so bad. When I finally got onboard, I sat with my luggage and waited to get to my room at 1:30 like most of the passengers.

People need to stop being in such a rush and enjoy their vacation.

EXACTLY! (y)

All of the people who were paying for this sillyness AND tripping over themselves to purchase FTTF, starting threads announcing how excited they were etc were just driving up the demand.

Carnival (or any company) sees a bunch of folks not only wiling to pay for a product but upset when they can't get it AND it sells out every time???

Economics 101 tells you the price will continue to increase until that magic number is reached, where demand falls to just enough to keep it selling out but at max price they can get.

Why sell 100@$70 when 90 people are willing to pay $100?

EXACTLY! (y)

All of the people who were paying for this sillyness AND tripping over themselves to purchase FTTF, starting threads announcing how excited they were etc were just driving up the demand.

Carnival (or any company) sees a bunch of folks not only wiling to pay for a product but upset when they can't get it AND it sells out every time???

Economics 101 tells you the price will continue to increase until that magic number is reached, where demand falls to just enough to keep it selling out but at max price they can get.

Why sell 100@$70 when 90 people are willing to pay $100?

Agreed. I think its worth $1000 per person each cruise. :p:p

I'm Platinum but its now not worth it for that cost, I would just wait if I wasn't Platinum. Carnival's greed continues. With all the cutbacks it's definitely worth exploring other lines. Carnival doesn't value repeat business as its shows in there crappy VIFP program.

I'm Platinum but its now not worth it for that cost, I would just wait if I wasn't Platinum. Carnival's greed continues. With all the cutbacks it's definitely worth exploring other lines. Carnival doesn't value repeat business as its shows in there crappy VIFP program.

What exactly is greedy about how this is being priced?

Do you know understand supply and demand?

Feel free to explore other lines if you are not happy with the product, there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Carnival gets my repeat business by keeping fares low. If increasing FTTF cost does that then I'm all for it.

Exactly. I will be a first timer on Carnival but newer ships aside, fares are generally lower than the other lines from my research. And I looooove to extensively research cruises across lines. It's fun.

I will say that when I look at our upcoming 8 day cruise (plus the cost of Cheers for two), it is about $2K more than our 7 day on the Escape last year, though. Same cabin type, etc. But perhaps its changed this year. Not sure.

I was on the NCL boards these past two years researching Escape stuff and witness to non-stop bickering about NCL nickel and diming you. That's funny because drink packages are pretty much included on most NCL sailings if you want to choose it as an option. That's a huuuuge bonus if you drink any sort of alcohol or specialty drinks. Even if just a few drinks a day.

People also complained about being charged for room service beyond a continental breakfast ($6.95 for entire cabin I think), but at least you could order a hot breakfast versus some other lines? I'll pay that spread out across 4 people to get eggs, bacon and hashbrowns on the balcony port days. The convenience alone is huuuuge. I intensely dislike Trump btw. lol

I personally would rather cruise lines charge "extra" for those things generally considered "extra." That way I don't have to pay for it if I don't want to. It's on demand. And my base cruise price stays low minus the expected annual increases to consider inflation, maintenance, etc.

But to each their own, we can make things free or lower priced and jack up everyone's cruise price if we want to.

It is not greed. The increase is to thin the herd. So many people get it for free are now sailing so the paid line cutters have to be reduced. Rather than seeing a sold out sign, you will see availability albeit at a higher price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Fair market value is the price an entity is willing to sell a good or service at and the price a person is willing to pay. If Carnival raises the price and continues to sell FTTF then that is the fair market value of the service. It isn't for me, but for many it is a valuable service.