Princess Cays Question

richfret

Hear there is considerable walking at this port to get to the beach and the eating areas. Wife walks with a cane and can't go long distances. We bring a wheeled push chair on the cruise and I was wondering if they have paved paths that we could use to get from place to place. I picture this port as similar to Grand Turk which is no problem.

Princess Cays is a tender port. You must be able to get from the ship onto the tender with minimal help. We were just there and exiting the ship we had to go down a steep flight of stairs to the tender. Once at the dock on shore, you also need to exit the tender with minimal help. I understand at times the sea can be "bouncy" while the tender awaits boarding. Once on shore, there are paved paths, but, if you want the lunch, the dining area is a way off. I have trouble walking myself and with the heat, it can be a challenge.. There are lounges along the way you can stop and sit, but if you are like me, once in the dang thing, I can't get out of it. I will be there again in September, and I am rethinking my day there.

Hear there is considerable walking at this port to get to the beach and the eating areas. Wife walks with a cane and can't go long distances. We bring a wheeled push chair on the cruise and I was wondering if they have paved paths that we could use to get from place to place. I picture this port as similar to Grand Turk which is no problem.

I was here with my husband on our 2/25 cruise and they do have paved paths, but I don't remember how easy it was to get on/off the tender at Princess Cay. It seemed very easy to/from the ship - I thought even a wheelchair could board the tender - but I don't remember once we got there (this was on the Pride).

The beach in the water is very rocky and uneven, so I don't know how easy it would be for your wife to get in the water.

Thanks for the quick replies. Based on what you say, I think it may be best if my wife skips this port. Lots to do on the ship with less effort.

If it is only the two of you, I would recommend this. When I was a teen my mother was in a manual wheelchair. If there were two or more of us we could easily handle stairs by one grabbing the front and one the back and carrying, but if it was just me I wouldn't want more than a curb and sand would have been very difficult.

I think the ship is likely to be fairly empty at this port, so you could enjoy it without crowds and lines.

Best wishes whatever you decide.