M Class Specialty Dining Package Questions

hubofhockey

We are doing the 4-night specialty dining package on Millennium in Alaska and I have some questions. At $125 for four dinners, it's not bad at $31 per dinner.

• Is Sushi on Five unlimited sushi orders?
  • Is Sushi on Five on M Class still limited or did they expand the menu?
  • Will we be able to go to Tuscan Grille twice (really don't want more than one dinner at QSine or Sushi on Five)?
  • They made me choose a first night of the cruise dinner. Do I get to pick the restaurant?

Thanks to all who answer.

Sushi on five is NOT unlimited, its a la carte. However they will often allow you to dine for an unlimited price as they really aren’t very busy.

I don’t know of any limits. (Perhaps yes, perhaps no)

You can eat twice at Tuscan.

You can change your first reservation as soon as you board, and make your other reservations.

I think I read that Sushi on Five is unlimited on a dining plan. If not, and I have a dining package plan, how much would they allow me to spend? If it's minimal, I would forget it and just use my package at the other two restaurants.

Sushi on five is NOT unlimited, its a la carte. However they will often allow you to dine for an unlimited price as they really aren’t very busy.

I don’t know of any limits. (Perhaps yes, perhaps no)

You can eat twice at Tuscan.

You can change your first reservation as soon as you board, and make your other reservations.

And in addition to changing the restaurant for your first reservation, you can also change the date and time.

I think I read that Sushi on Five is unlimited on a dining plan. If not, and I have a dining package plan, how much would they allow me to spend? If it's minimal, I would forget it and just use my package at the other two restaurants.

That's my understanding as well -- if you're there on a specialty dining package you aren't governed by a la carte pricing.

• Is Sushi on Five on M Class still limited or did they expand the menu?

I read recently where the M-class venues are now able to offer the same menu as on S-class. Whatever was the problem with the preparation (fire safety, I believe) has been resolved on M-class.

Just researched this for a future cruise and this is what it says under terms and conditions when buying a dining package on the website:

"Dining Packages

Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only. All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions. Guests dining in Sushi on Five or in Raw on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill." There are reports on Cruise Critic of that being ignored onboard.

We ate lunch there 5 out of 7 days on the Summit recently. They had the full menu and we racked up $40-50 checks each time (for both of us). Luckily we had some OBC. Having $70 maximum for 2 people should be enough, I would think.

Just researched this for a future cruise and this is what it says under terms and conditions when buying a dining package on the website:

"Dining Packages

Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only. All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions. Guests dining in Sushi on Five or in Raw on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill." There are reports on Cruise Critic of that being ignored onboard.

We ate lunch there 5 out of 7 days on the Summit recently. They had the full menu and we racked up $40-50 checks each time (for both of us). Luckily we had some OBC. Having $70 maximum for 2 people should be enough, I would think.

Thanks, that seems reasonable.

With the 4 dinner package you are now allowed to dine in the same restaurant 4 times, or spread the dinners as you wish. If you want to change your restaurant reservation for the first night go to the maître d upon embarkation as soon as possible to change it for the most choice. Also make the remaining reservations then as well.