Parking in Galveston

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Gulf Coast Departures

Galveston, Gulfport,Houston, Mobile & New Orleans
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:36 AM.
Coppell, TX
253 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by cruiser7056
We have used Lighthouse Parking. They have covered parking, not indoor, and have a shuttle to and from the terminal. They have been a great place to park. Was thinking of using the Indoor parking on our cruise in November, but someone said the indoor parking is very hard to get a larger vehicle in and out of. Is Park N Cruise easy to get a large SUV in and out of the parking spots? Thanks.
Twice I have parked a full size Suburban using indoor parking at Park N Cruise and it was not that big a deal as the attendant can always assist you in getting into the parking space. Additionally when you reserve a space on-line they request the type of vehicle you will be parking such that the last time they had kept open for me a large corner parking space and it was a breeze pulling into and out of the space.

CaptainR
Coppell, TX
253 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by twinsaj
I have been trying to book and prepay parking for my Vision cruise on January 22, 2018 and the date of the cruise is not coming up on the websites for Park N Cruise or Port of Galveston parking. Is it still too early to reserve???? Anyone else trying to book for that time with better results???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Do not think it is too early to book as I have reserved a space with Park N Cruise for my January 21, 2018, Carnival Breeze cruise. If Vision of the Seas is not showing up on their drop-down menu for ships sailing out of Galveston I would just call them directly to see about booking a space. You probably will be doing them a favor letting them know that their website needs to be revised to include sailings for the Vision.

CaptainR
TX
692 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
We also have use Park N Cruise in Galveston -- the cars are squeezed in for the indoor parking, but I agree that an attendant will help you get in and they will save the bigger spots for the larger vehicles. The indoor option is just better for us. We always drop off luggage and then head back to park. The main reason we use them is that we self-disembark and like to be on the road early. Be aware that walking back to the car from the ship is a bit of a haul. (The grandparents last time decided to take one large bag instead of two rolling bags. When one of the wheels fell off, my poor son had to drag a suitcase the size of a small coffin back across the lot...not fun.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises: Liberty of the Seas 2016, Mariner of the Seas Nov 2011
Texas
33 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
I have been trying to book and prepay parking for my Vision cruise on January 22, 2018 and the date of the cruise is not coming up on the websites for Park N Cruise or Port of Galveston parking. Is it still too early to reserve???? Anyone else trying to book for that time with better results???

It should not be too early. I booked and paid for my parking over a month ago leaving the same day on Valor. I did use EZ cruise instead of Park N Cruise though so maybe they are just ahead of the game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app
Lafayette,LA
95 Posts
Joined Apr 2004

Spoke to the owner because this is where we always park. He said they are not offering parking for Vision of the Seas. Due to lack of space and not knowing whether or not the ships will stay long term. I'm disappointed because we have a November and December sailing on Vision.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lois
Richardson, TX
71,126 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
just to update this thread, ezcruise says $20 off for walking, 7 day cruise, $15 off shorter than 7 days. 54.17 i think total with tax for a 7 day in Dec.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, RCL Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/12/14
125 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Thank you Candlegirl. That explains why I couldn't find anything. I want to stay in Galveston the night before my cruise so I booked the Hilton. Got an amazing rate that includes parking, all for $150. I was able to book for one night too. I will just take the shuttle to the port in the morning.