I need 2 Points!

Richjoxyz

Yes, but as the OP noted, it's a pretty expensive 7 points right now.

Of course it is always a matter of affordability but if they both sailed solo wouldn’t it be

JS solo would be 3x 7 = 21

Then inside single would be 2x7=14

So it’d be 35 per cruise. May be worth it on the last march to pinnacle lol, to some anyway.

Of course it is always a matter of affordability but if they both sailed solo wouldn’t it be

So it’d be 35 per cruise. May be worth it on the last march to pinnacle lol, to some anyway.

Also, had the OP been able to book when the cruise first came out, the inside would have likely been much less expensive.

Also, had the OP been able to book when the cruise first came out, the inside would have likely been much less expensive.

Food for thought in the future. I am a retired accountant so when I didn’t grasp this concept I had to “figure” it out. We doubt if we will ever make pinnacle but if we get ever close we will keep this in mind. And it all goes back to $$$$$ but it is a novel approach.

Food for thought in the future. I am a retired accountant so when I didn’t grasp this concept I had to “figure” it out. We doubt if we will ever make pinnacle but if we get ever close we will keep this in mind. And it all goes back to $$$$$ but it is a novel approach.

Just make sure you always put the person with the most points in the stateroom that will get the most points.:)

Just so you understand, they would not get 35 points. Points don't add across couples, it's not a joint account - everyone has their individual points. The solo points for the person on the inside don't really matter - it's the 21 points for the solo person in the JS that matters. The other person would then get the higher points person's status by linking accounts.

Just so you understand, they would not get 35 points. Points don't add across couples, it's not a joint account - everyone has their individual points. The solo points for the person on the inside don't really matter - it's the 21 points for the solo person in the JS that matters. The other person would then get the higher points person's status by linking accounts.

I understand, got it. Had to figure that one out, thanks for the clarification to make sure I was on the right track. Still a novel idea sailing together single, never crossed my mind. Lol.

It probably only makes sense if one was already going in a suite and the inside is really cheap. And of course one was a point/status whore.

Yes that’s very true, unfortunately we enjoy CLS suite life and doubt if we could ever afford to even think about getting points this way but I have learned in my life never to say never. It’s an interesting concept and frankly one I never thought of. No afraid we won’t see pinnacle in this lifetime, highly doubtful, and that’s fine. We enjoy what we get and what we pay for.

I just did the math and after 2 more cruises in a suite (yeah...I'm hooked), we will be at 76 points. Time to start a new, completely unfounded controversy...RCI is purposely playing with their points formula and levels to leave us all a few points short of diamond, in an attempt to sell more cabins on short cruises! I, for one, will not stand for this unethical behavior and plan to immediate start over and build points on a different cruise line. If Richard Fain will credit my account with 4 points, I will consider staying. Who's with me? ;p

How about taking some longer cruises instead of the 7 day ones? That would do it, too. I know it would be painful, but for points, you could do it. :halo:

Wow! So many responses, thank you.

So, my options are...

Leave the wife at home She votes no, me too.

Take a short cruise. Hard to do, we have a 17 night cruise on HAL at Christmas and a 7 night cruise on Rhapsody April 1st that brings us to 78 points. Europe cruise is in may, 12 nights.

None of the other options really work. Stuck at 78 I guess.

Clearly, you need to increase the length of the April cruise. There must be longer ones available in April. :halo:

Having just started cruising less 3 years ago I am quite please with how quickly I achieved levels. as my first cruise was a solo transatlantic I had 28 points after my first cruise. As I met my wife on that cruise I am back to single point cruise nights as we tend to go for the less expensive cabins. we are leaving on our fifth RCI cruise in just over 2 weeks which will bring us to 72 points. We also took cruises on several other lines which I regret a little as we are now focused on achieving diamond. With our retirement looming I believe we will move to diamond plus quicker than getting to diamond!

Having just started cruising less 3 years ago I am quite please with how quickly I achieved levels. as my first cruise was a solo transatlantic I had 28 points after my first cruise. As I met my wife on that cruise I am back to single point cruise nights as we tend to go for the less expensive cabins. we are leaving on our fifth RCI cruise in just over 2 weeks which will bring us to 72 points. We also took cruises on several other lines which I regret a little as we are now focused on achieving diamond. With our retirement looming I believe we will move to diamond plus quicker than getting to diamond!
Almost there to d. We make d+ next week on oasis. Took us about 3 years to accrue the 175 pts. Now we get a free laundry bag and 2 days of internet a piece!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry for sounding a bit thick and confused but would love some clarification...

For the last 5 years I used to cruise with my parents and i am currently Emerald with 62 points.

Unfortunately my parents have both passed away in the last 10 months, my mum whilst on board Navigator last November during the transatlantic crossing, my dad recently due to cancer.

I have booked Navigator Of the Seas transatlantic again for April coming back from Miami to Southampton booking a guaranteed cabin but travelling solo. I plan to meet friends in America and doing something with my folks ashes as they loved travelling to the USA.

Does this mean i will get 28 points for that cruise 14 nights x 2. If so I assume that would take me above Diamond for my next cruise that i book. Can anyone confirm....

Sorry for sounding a bit thick and confused but would love some clarification...

For the last 5 years I used to cruise with my parents and i am currently Emerald with 62 points.

Unfortunately my parents have both passed away in the last 10 months, my mum whilst on board Navigator last November during the transatlantic crossing, my dad recently due to cancer.

I have booked Navigator Of the Seas transatlantic again for April coming back from Miami to Southampton booking a guaranteed cabin but travelling solo. I plan to meet friends in America and doing something with my folks ashes as they loved travelling to the USA.

Does this mean i will get 28 points for that cruise 14 nights x 2. If so I assume that would take me above Diamond for my next cruise that i book. Can anyone confirm....

Sorry for your loss.

You are correct that you will receive 28 points for your TA which will put you at Diamond for your next cruise.