Free paid gratuities?

JAMESCC

So I went to do a mock booking on Anthem of the seas for next year and decided to check prices for a junior suite because I really want to start going that way in the future. To my surprise I wasn't all that expensive, and it said "free gratuities". Is that a perk they are offering now? Do think it'll be here to stay like NCLs choose from 5 perks deal? Is it free gratuities for all passengers in the cabin or just the first two? I really like that perk. We always choose a TA that offers that but if RCI offers it I would just book direct with them. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's just another in a series of promos to get you to book - take it while it lasts. BTW, that perk comes from RCI so you would get something in addition to that from a TA.
Thanks, I'll get it either way with my TA but thought it was interesting. I was pretty surprised that a junior suite wasn't so that expensive. The room looked pretty nice too. I like the double points and some other things like Coastal kitchen.

Interesting how cruise passengers get all excited about getting "free drinks", or "free specialty dining" or "free gratuities" when they book a cruise.

Every time I buy a car I get "free wheels" with it - and I just assume that the price I pay for the car includes the wheels -- am I missing something, or are some cruise passengers gullible?

Every time I buy a car I get "free wheels" with it - and I just assume that the price I pay for the car includes the wheels -- am I missing something, or are some cruise passengers gullible?

Some folks like to have (and are willing to pay for) nicer wheels than the standard wheels the car comes with.

Interesting how cruise passengers get all excited about getting "free drinks", or "free specialty dining" or "free gratuities" when they book a cruise.

I'm not sure I understand the analogy. The wheels of the car were not free, you still paid for them. Nothing on that car was free, you paid for everything whether it's listed in the sticker or not. On the other hand free gratuities will actually save you a few hundred bucks of real money. Sorry but the gullible one here is you.

JS guests have dinner access only (sometimes on a space available basis) and no breakfast or lunch access.
Do you think that is right? Why is a junior suite considered in the suite class yet it isn't treated that way? I think it's strange the way junior suites are treated. I more like that you get double points and the room itself is really nice. Just enough room I think.

Do you think that is right? Why is a junior suite considered in the suite class yet it isn't treated that way? I think it's strange the way junior suites are treated. I more like that you get double points and the room itself is really nice. Just enough room I think.

There's no right or wrong here, it is what it is, and the cruise line can call the category whatever they want and assign perks any way they want. Our choice is to book the category or not.