Woodwind Tours with mobility issues

cariad1000

Does anyone know if Woodwind would be suitable for someone with an arthritic knee please? My main concern is climbing in and out of the water if the boat is constantly moving. Snorkelling and boarding the boat from the quayside is not a worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess it all depends on your capabilities. My wife is 46 and has RA pretty bad in her knee's. She was able to get up the ladder without too much trouble. The ladder is wide and very stable. What is also nice is that the crew will take your gear and hold it for you so you can use both hands and feet to get out of the water and up the ladder. I think you will be fine if you just take your time and do one step at a time. Its worth it... the snorkeling was very good !!

• 1 month later...
Thank you, that's given me some confidence, I'm going to give it a try.

Good. You will be happy I think. I am 68, have a bad knee and no problems at all getting on and off. Crew is happy to help. You should know though that you will have to walk quite a way from ship to pier area where Woodwind leaves from. At least 1/2 mile and maybe more. As long as that is not a problem you should be good. Great food/drinks, great snorkel equipment of all types which she fits to each individual and best snorkeling tour have ever taken by far. Also they have underwater photographer filming and disc to purchase is very reasonable. We just loved this snorkel excursion.

Not sure when you are considering to use Woodwind. Apparently they book up well in advance. I tried to book for our date 6 months in advance and they are already completely booked up with a very long waitlist. :(

Guess because they are sooo good! Yes, I believe when we went made reservations several months in advance, not 6 months, but probably at least 3. Probably depends on how many ships in port that day. But, they really are the best if can get a reservation.

Jane

• 1 month later...
Good. You will be happy I think. I am 68, have a bad knee and no problems at all getting on and off. Crew is happy to help. You should know though that you will have to walk quite a way from ship to pier area where Woodwind leaves from. At least 1/2 mile and maybe more. As long as that is not a problem you should be good. Great food/drinks, great snorkel equipment of all types which she fits to each individual and best snorkeling tour have ever taken by far. Also they have underwater photographer filming and disc to purchase is very reasonable. We just loved this snorkel excursion.

The tour is great and the crew is extremely helpful with any special needs no need to walk to the resort if you don't want to...there are taxis that can take you both ways. I did a tour and they dropped me there for the sfternoon snorkel and the lobby called a taxi for me to go back

Hmmmm. We have gone drift snorkeling with Dee (mistress of the Woodwind) and loved every moment. We will return for an encore in early December. Although we are both pretty good swimmers and very experienced snorkelers/divers....DW did have some difficulty getting from the water back onto the boat (she has had knee replacement). Getting onto Dees little boat ladder can be a challenge...and made much worse if the seas are choppy (as they were). That being said, it was DW who quickly told me to again book with the Woodwind....when she knew we were going to be back in Bonaire. As to the OP, if you have a true spirit of adventure....Dee and others will somehow get you back onto the boat (DW still has the bruises).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner