How much time per day do you use your balcony - poll

LMaxwell

I start every day with time on the balcony - maybe 30 minutes to an hour. On sea days I go back for a nap. And I spend time out there every night - again 30 minutes to an hour.

On my last cruise I spent most of the first sea day asleep on the balcony and it was the best sleep! I love having a balcony!

We book balconies just for the size of the room. We very rarely use it, maybe 4-5 minutes in the morning just checking things out, and maybe 5-10 minutes in the evening before dinner. We always ask ourselves why we book balconies, but we always come down to we like the cabin, more then the actual balcony space.

For us that varies cruise by cruise. It depends on if there are two or four of us in the cabin. More time when there are four than two, just to have the extra space when we're all getting ready for dinner. Another factor is the number of days at sea versus days in port. We spend more time out there when in port. Another factor is starboard vs port sides, and where the sunrise/sunset is in relation to our balcony. Some days we can't even open the drapes as the sun is blaring in through the balcony doors.

We always go out when we wake in the morning, to get a breath of fresh air. My husband goes out every evening before retiring for the night. Amount of time spent depends on where we need to be in the morning and how hot it is. IN the evenings, I head to sleep and my husband comes in whenever. LOL

We rarely sit out and have meals, it's usually too hot for us.

Everyday. I love sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee and my book. On sea days I usually sit out there in the afternoon reading or just watching the sea. My H and I like to sit in the balcony after dinner, have conversation and just enjoy each other’s company. I’ll also sit out there in the middle of the night if I can’t sleep and read. I may of fell asleep on the balcony doing that a few times lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather doesn't affect whether or not we use our balcony (perhaps a hurricane would :p ). Humidity doesn't bother us at all. We wouldn't bother sailing to the Caribbean if humidity was an issue, let alone pay the extra cash for an unused perk. We use our balcony many times a day. Morning, throughout the day, evening. If we make a trip back to the cabin for some reason during the day I always go out on the balcony. Mornings and evenings we always take time to enjoy.

We keep the balcony door open a lot for the sound of the waves and fresh air. We mostly stay out there when docking or leaving ports. Even on Alaska cruise we didn't go out on it much more then in the Caribbean. And still " open door" with all that comes with it constitutes use, so I have to say we use it all the time when in a room. Also, we like to lay on the couch or in bed and look out through balcony doors.

Just curious, how much do you use your balcony on a cruise; and is it significantly more on sea day versus port day, morning versus night, do you use it every day or just some days?

We use it a lot, and it seems to be an every day thing.

Just curious, how much do you use your balcony on a cruise; and is it significantly more on sea day versus port day, morning versus night, do you use it every day or just some days?

Generally everyday. Usually after we come back to shower for dinner and enjoy a drink on deck. Sometimes late at night with a drink. I actually enjoyed my CP balcony on Allure by just sitting and enjoying the soft music that played in the evening, if I stopped back their between activities....from our cabin I could hear the pool deck music if I sat on the balcony to read during the day. When we were on Harmony in a Boardwalk balcony near the Aqua Theater, we watched the shows from our balcony....no need to sit on those uncomfortable seats. I like that, also.

We like to play cards on the balcony when it's not too windy. Other than that it's great that it's just there for fresh air and to be outdoors. DH is disabled, so we don't run around the ship like we used to and the balcony makes it nice for both of us to not feel like we're confined inside.

We keep the balcony door open a lot for the sound of the waves and fresh air..

Please don’t do this, the ships air conditioning system is negatively impacted when balcony doors are left open. By doing this you may be comfortable in your room but your making it worse for those cabins around you.