No Longer Loyal To Royal

Hi folks.

I've sailed my last cruise this year and feel like there's more to offer from other lines. I can get a better steak locally than what they're offering on these ships without getting pestered by someone who thinks I tried to get into the Diamond Lounge. Folks, no one cares about your status or your lounge access, or if you're a queen bee controlling everyone in your group. Holland America or even Windstar will have more quiet space in renewing a state of being.

c9baa14d-4597-40e8-a050-5cda38074174_ProductImage_MAIN?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20171018T000853Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=129600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ73VIT25JASL3G7A%2F20171018%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=21027c930ec205cec919b205cf068e644eb913c3f101a4cef97e67ae2fa677f5

Hope the other cruise lines you mentioned give you a more satisfying vacation. I do not share your concerns with RCI cruise ships. All of our many cruises with RCI were most memorable, and we never experienced any problems.

...without getting pestered by someone who thinks I tried to get into the Diamond Lounge. Folks, no one cares about your status or your lounge access, or if you're a queen bee controlling everyone in your group.

Sounds like you were around some strange fellow guests? Bet you'll find those on just about any line.

Sounds like you were around some strange fellow guests? Bet you'll find those on just about any line.

You're right there were a couple being rude to an older man at the bank today. The nag female reminded of a woman that jumped all over me in my last cruise, in the Promenade cafe. She thought that I tried to sneak into the Diamond Lounge and talked down to me in front of others standing in line. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I wrote this, but I just want to try other lines to see what fits best.

You will find rude and snobbish people on all cruise lines. :(

In saying that, when i went on the Paul Gaugain, I had preconceived emotions and was prepared to be among the most uppity and snobbish cruise ship passengers ever. It was the opposite. That sailing had the kindest, down to earth people and I learned not to prejudge.

However, i must say my rudest encounters have been on my Royal Caribbean cruises. Go figure.

As far as being Loyal to Royal, never understood that concept.

We've been cruising different lines lately, mixing it up a bit. Hubby and I are like kids venturing into new territory. It's fun trying different Ports of Call, different menus, Cabins, Entertainment, etc.

With that being said, try the newer NCL ships for the Entertainment and food choices. My NCL Escape cruise is in my top 5. Also, the Regal Princess blew us away on food and service. That was our first Princess cruise and will definitely be sailing them again.

Good luck and i wouldn't let some idiot passengers stop me from sailing Royal Caribbean. They really have a good product.:)

My very first cruise on Liberty I did wander into the Diamond Lounge by mistake when the door was left open. I had first cruise, first day walking around in a daze of wonder going on!

I was offered a drink and when I got my card out to pay for it (thinking it was a normal bar) it was noticed by an elderly lady that I wasn't Diamond and she literally charged at me full of rage.

Anyway, this resolved itself and has been a one off. I have met some truly great people in the Lounge in the short time we have been Diamond.

You're right there were a couple being rude to an older man at the bank today. The nag female reminded of a woman that jumped all over me in my last cruise, in the Promenade cafe. She thought that I tried to sneak into the Diamond Lounge and talked down to me in front of others standing in line. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I wrote this, but I just want to try other lines to see what fits best.

I think the whole diamond status is pretty funny. If and/or when we become diamond status, I don't see the point of it. I don't see a perk listed on the website that I would actually use. We always buy the drink packages, so I definitely wouldn't be hanging out in the lounge for the drinks instead of on top in the sun.

I don't understand why people in the Diamond Lounge think it is such a big deal. I realize they hang out with cruise buds but don't really understand the attack concept. Free limited recipe drinks and appetizers that are nothing special. Yes I am Diamond. I was in the CL on Enchantment couple weeks ago and they did seem to be having a good time in there! Why attack someone?

We did have a couple of toddlers in the CL the week of October 1 but they were quiet. The parents made them behave and they didn't bother me but others were really put off by them and didn't want to stay.

I will be taking my 72nd cruise, I am 54 and I want to tell you, if you think your missing out on things and thinking other cruise lines will give you a "better steak", you are so wrong! You will find the quality to be all similar with one another, and Carnival being the worst. I cruised NCL, Princess, Carnival and RC and to be honest, we never favorited a particular cruise line until in May....we were on the Harmony and that is when we and my father in law who came along with us came to the conclusion that not going on RC that we were missing out on so much. RC offers a lot more than lets say Carnival and NCL...NCL mega ships have too many negatives which include the smallest of pools, the more narrow hallways, the interior always crowded and traffic jams everywhere, etc, the list is too lengthly.

I don't know exactly what your looking for but as far as people, Celebrity you will find an older more quiet clientele and it does get very quiet late at night on the ship, perhaps that is something you would want to try?

Now you have peaked my interest! Is that only off a certain rate or is that off any of the best rates you find?

It's off any rate. One of the very few perks that can be combined with others. However, as of late, RC has added a new twist to the fake sales. They sometimes designate an "instant discount" as part of the price. The bottom line price hasn't really gone down, they just deem that the price now includes this "instant discount", which unfortunately is not combinable with the balcony discount. It's another clever way they have found to deprecate C&A benefits.

I cannot wait to be Diamond. I do not want it for the perks. My husband was a First Sergeant in the Air Force and the symbol is a diamond. He just wants it to say diamond on his sea pass. That may be silly but he wants it! When I cruise I am only focused on my time with him and I have no care what other people do or say. I have seen lots of rude people and one almost made me forever write off the Windjammer. I choose now to brush it off and focus on what is important to me. Besides, I run into rude obnoxious people every day. I have decided that I should feel sorry for them because they are probably miserable people and they allow their own life to be miserable. I appreciate the gifts that I have been given! Going on a cruise with the love of my life is my greatest gift!

]I don't understand why people in the Diamond Lounge think it is such a big deal.[/b] I realize they hang out with cruise buds but don't really understand the attack concept. Free limited recipe drinks and appetizers that are nothing special. Yes I am Diamond. I was in the CL on Enchantment couple weeks ago and they did seem to be having a good time in there! Why attack someone?

We did have a couple of toddlers in the CL the week of October 1 but they were quiet. The parents made them behave and they didn't bother me but others were really put off by them and didn't want to stay.

It's an exclusivity thing, Royal creates the perception of exclusiveness with the higher tiers of their loyalty program. It's really smart business. Airlines, hotels they do it too.

While I've sailed Carnival in the past, I stick with Royal at this point because of my sons. They are big flowrider fans, and at this point in time, Royal is the only line that offers this activity. When we vacation as a family, this is the way they want to spend their vacation, and since I can get the rest of the cruise experience on any ship, I will always select a Royal ship to accommodate them.

With that being said, as they get older, and my vacation plans move to a point where they don't accompany me, I will look to other lines (specifically NCL, since the Escape will be arriving in the NYC area, and X out of Bayonne) to try out different experiences.

I can understand that the DL benefit is not important to those that purchase a drink package, but since I don't drink enough to ever justify that purchase, the DL option is important to me. Plus I sail with my mom, and she has never been a drinker, so if the packages now have to be purchased by all in the cabin, another reason not to get one.

I started a thread recently about rude people on cruise ships with Royal Caribbean particularly in mind. In my opinion they do have a problem.

I do like Royal Caribbean but don't consider it to be better or worse than other cruise lines. It has its own strengths and weaknesses. For me the positives outweigh the negatives so will continue to sail with them.

As for Diamond lounge, it is for the servers and the concierge to politely ask those who shouldn't be there to leave. No need for fellow passengers to get involved.