Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

We are watching the weather. We are suppose to get on the Valor in Galveston on Sat the 26 and we have a hotel booked for Fri the 25 and not sure what to do. I know I don't want to be in Galveston with a hurricane coming in so we may wait and drive there Sat.

They could cancel but they won't. If they did, they can't reschedule. They refund money. And there is always the chance that the cruises returning to Galveston Saturday and Sunday would have to be ported in NOLA (unlikely but possible). They're watching it closely and getting many possible plans in place

We are watching the weather. We are suppose to get on the Valor in Galveston on Sat the 26 and we have a hotel booked for Fri the 25 and not sure what to do. I know I don't want to be in Galveston with a hurricane coming in so we may wait and drive there Sat.

I'd wait. Carnival may do some shuffling around. I'd cancel the room too if you can drive down the day of without issue

Hope all in the path are safe.

Cruises can be rescheduled, sad though that may be for the people who've been looking forward to their vacation for months.

Hope everyone has trip insurance as well.

Not that it makes things better, just easier.

"On 8/24/17 at 12:30 pm the captain of the port (of Galveston) set port condition yankee, meaning gale force winds are expected to reach galveston within 24 hours."

"The port remains closed to all vessel traffic and commercial activities, however all mariners are advised ro take prudent actions in preparation for the storm."

Snipped from facebook page: Port of Galveston

I went on a 3 day Carnival Cruise to "nowhere" about 7 years ago because the ship coming in couldn't get into Galveston due to weather (and in turn couldn't leave at it's scheduled time). The outbound cruise was supposed to be a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. Carnival chose at that time to postpone the start of the 4 cruise to the next day and make it a 3 day cruise. It didn't stop at any ports, but my point being...it still went out even though it was a day late. I guess that's a possibility for those cruises that are supposed to leave on Saturday.

We are also leaving on the Valor on Saturday and we will be traveling from Amarillo. It's about a 12 hour drive but we have no idea what to do! We're afraid that if we get there we may get stuck and not be able to get out! Carnival needs to get some information out! This is becoming a very stressful situation!

"Tropical Storm Harvey has been upgraded to a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the Port of Galveston is now closed to all marine traffic. At this time, no changes have been made to your sailing and our itinerary remains as scheduled. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Harvey's forecasted track and provide you an update by 12:00 PM tomorrow."

We really want your money and we don't care if it screws with your travel plans or alternatives..we really really want your money.

"Tropical Storm Harvey has been upgraded to a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the Port of Galveston is now closed to all marine traffic. At this time, no changes have been made to your sailing and our itinerary remains as scheduled. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Harvey's forecasted track and provide you an update by 12:00 PM tomorrow."

We really want your money and we don't care if it screws with your travel plans or alternatives..we really really want your money.

Was that a text from Carnival? Yes, it was I see it now.

Edited by Shirleybird

Tropical Storm Harvey has been upgraded to a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the Port of Galveston is now closed to all marine traffic. At this time, no changes have been made to your sailing and our itinerary remains as scheduled. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Harvey's forecasted track and provide you an update by 12:00 PM tomorrow.

That's a huge help! Thanks Carnival! SMDH!

We are also leaving on the Valor on Saturday and we will be traveling from Amarillo. It's about a 12 hour drive but we have no idea what to do! We're afraid that if we get there we may get stuck and not be able to get out! Carnival needs to get some information out! This is becoming a very stressful situation!

You could travel down here tomorrow and stay in the Clear Lake/Webster area. I personally wouldn't stay in Galveston. That is if Carnival hasn't said anything about delaying any cruises yet.

Does the ship have wings lol? (Sorry, I know it is stressful)