Leaving on Fascination today!

csj092809

I would like to know what time the rooms are ready. We will want to drop off our stuff and head back off the ship ASAP.

We boarded at 11 with FTTF and cabins ready. All others ready at 1 30.

Are we able to board ship drop our stuff off and then get off again to look around San Juan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes.. You have to be back on board by 8 pm I believe. Muster at 9 pm and sail away at 10 pm.

Are we able to board ship drop our stuff off and then get off again to look around San Juan

FYI Johnny60...there is a Walgreens right across the street from the port entrance for anything you may have forgotten or don't want to bring on the plane with you :). We bought our soda there. They have wine too. Funny story...we had gone to Walgreen's to get our soda and later that night I realized I had left my camera SD card at home. My husband said, "Oh, we can just go back to Walgreen's in the morning." I laughed at him and told him that would be great except we wouldn't still be there in the morning...LOL. His first cruise...:D

FYI Johnny60...there is a Walgreens right across the street from the port entrance for anything you may have forgotten or don't want to bring on the plane with you :). We bought our soda there. They have wine too. Funny story...we had gone to Walgreen's to get our soda and later that night I realized I had left my camera SD card at home. My husband said, "Oh, we can just go back to Walgreen's in the morning." I laughed at him and told him that would be great except we wouldn't still be there in the morning...LOL. His first cruise...:D

Thanks for that...thats great to know as we do like to take soda on board and hubby likes a bottle of wine. Seems like the port is pretty central then.:):) Great info thanks everyone.

Dinner seating on first night ends at 8 pm I am told, so if you want dinner better get back a good bit before 8 pm.

Yes, that is correct! If you want to eat in MDR, you should be back on board by 6ish. They close dining room at 8 so everyone can prepare for Muster. You will not be seated past 7 45 I believe.

What are the beer stations please? Not seen them on Carnival before have I?

If you search you will find some pictures of them.

Basically, you insert a Sail and Sign card, grab a clean glass, and the machine meters a glass full out of a keg. You are charged by the ounce of beer.

Some have reported gratuity is added, which is a scam, but you can have that removed.

What are the beer stations please? Not seen them on Carnival before have I?

They are on the Lido deck in Coconut grove. There are two of them. One does the RedFrog beer, the other does another brand like Miller Lite. Only certain ships have them. It's about $5 out the door for a beer.

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning on doing the Fascination in the spring of next year.

I know it is an older ship, as we just got off the Magic a couple months ago, and it is a much larger/newer ship. My question, when turning on the lights, do you use the normal switch like we always did in the past, or put a card in the switch to keep the light on, like the Magic has?