Good hotel for a group-Long Beach

mkcurran

Okay so the whole family, and then some, are joining us on our next cruise. We are trying to leverage group discounts as much as possible. With 22 people and counting coming from three different directions. 18 people will probably be flying in the night before the cruise and I was wondering if there was a good hotel by the Long Beach airport or near the port that would give a group rate.

I have an email into Hotel Maya...where we plan on staying regardless. But are there other hotels, in good areas, that might be a good match?

Thanks!

A brand new Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites just opened up near the Long Beach Airport. There's also a newish Courtyard by Marriott across the street from the property. This is a good, safe part of town, with a new shopping and dining area within walking distance (all this in the former McDonnell Douglas property). I would try one of those for a large party like yours, although I do like Hotel Maya.

A brand new Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites just opened up near the Long Beach Airport. There's also a newish Courtyard by Marriott across the street from the property. This is a good, safe part of town, with a new shopping and dining area within walking distance (all this in the former McDonnell Douglas property). I would try one of those for a large party like yours, although I do like Hotel Maya.

I'm staying at Hotel Maya regardless, because you'd have to pay me to try the Carnival garage again on a Saturday. What an absolute mess.

I'll put those other hotels on my list.

Thanks!

I'm staying at Hotel Maya regardless, because you'd have to pay me to try the Carnival garage again on a Saturday. What an absolute mess.

I'll put those other hotels on my list.

Thanks!

There’s not enough close parking for the three ships, especially when the Queen Mary has an event. Expecting it to get worse while the second structure is being built.

There’s not enough close parking for the three ships, especially when the Queen Mary has an event. Expecting it to get worse while the second structure is being built.

Exactly! I locked in my room already and I'm thinking of upgrading. $189 is the park and cruise rate for 2019. Well $219 after taxes. Considering parking is going to cost $140 that's $79 for the hotel and I don't have to touch the port traffic. It's a deal, and I'll probably take the upgrade to the balcony..it is my husband's birthday after all....