16 year old on Jewel to Alaska 2 forms of ID needed

travellady

My nephew and his mom are joining us on our Alaska cruise a week from Monday, out of Vancouver, so finishing the online paperwork now. I noticed when entering the ID info it stated for guests 16 and older, in addition to identification doc such as a passport, another official ID, with picture, is required. He only has a school ID and birth certificate other than his passport. Am I understanding this correctly?

NCL can ask for whatever it likes, though I don't recall being asked for anything except a passport in the past, but just the passport definitely meets both US and Canadian government requirements for crossing the border either way using any mode of transport.

I'm inclined toward a guess that the request for a second piece of ID is only relevant for folks doing RT cruises from a US port where a birth cert and driving license/other official gov't photo ID is acceptable for US citizens. I'd check the fields on the form you're trying to fill out carefully, as well as any notes in the small print on the page...