Carnival Ecstasy or Carnival Elation

pma29223

I haven't been on the Elation yet, but I was on the Ecstasy last year, and for the second oldest ship in Carnival's fleet, she was being kept up just fine. Sure, there are a few signs of her age, but nothing that effected my enjoyment of the cruise. Both ships have the 2.0 upgrades now, and pretty much have the same layout, so I really don't think you can go wrong with either IMO. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you might have about the Ecstasy.

Elation is just out of dry dock, although Ecstasy already had most of the features that Elation just got.

I have done several Ecstasy cruises, just got off one last month. Haven't been on Elation yet.

I have never had anything other than a stellar experience on the Ecstasy, especially since her dry dock last year.

We were on the Ecstasy in October and it was great- the ship is in good shape for an older ship. Charleston is an easy port to leave from (of course, I live here) since there is only one ship homeported here. It's also a nice place to spend a day or two before or after your vacation- but cruises from here do seem more expensive for the same number of days/ports compared to those leaving from Fla.

I had a wonderful time on the Ecstasy, but I say go with the port, dates, prices that are best for you.

In your opinion, which cruise ship is nicer, Carnival Ecstasy or Carnival Elation? Both go to the same ports.

The ships are the same class and size with mostly the same deck layouts. Since you say the itineraries are the same, then convenience to each home port and cost are the next comparisions to make.

In your opinion, which cruise ship is nicer, Carnival Ecstasy or Carnival Elation? Both go to the same ports.
I've been on both, but I was on the Elation before the updates. I did enjoy both, mainly because of the fantastic crews. I'd lean a bit more to the Ecstasy, but really that's because it's a three hour drive for me instead of five hours. In fact, I'll be on the Ecstasy in August.

If Elation has the same updates, I think I would go by price. But, that's just me. I think you will probably enjoy either, so don't fret about it too much.

Enjoy your cruise![emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was on elation before the updates. It’s still nicer than ecstasy.

Ecstasy had broken elevators, public rest room doors that were broken. All around just not that great in my opinion.

Charleston is my closest and most favorite port but I’m not doing ecstasy again. Can’t wait for sunshine to start porting there.

I will be on elation in December so I’m excited about the upgrades.