Carnival Fascination - What deck do you embark and debarkation?

seaoats228

• 1 month later...

Hi Seaoats, we were supposed to be on Fascination at the same time back in December but we all know what happened back then. Good to see you are still getting to make the trip. We will be doing it on 4/8.

Considering the Fascination doesn’t have a Deck 3, I’m pretty sure that’s not the deck you embark on.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/FS/DeckPlans/carnival-fascination-Deck-Plan-pdf.ashx

That said, my husband and I both seem to recall embarking right onto deck 7, the deck with the atrium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The confusion comes from port debarkation and reboarding - that is usually on deck 3 (in the "crew" area)

Initial embarkation is on deck 7 by guest services....:cool::cool::cool:

This is correct but only on initial embarkation. Embarkation is done on Empress deck 7 right into the atrium and debarkation is done on deck 3 in San Juan. On regular port calls, you both leave and return to the ship using deck 3 which is a "crew-only" deck, except for a few square feet used by guests for this purpose.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thank so much for the info on this I have a bad knee and was wondering as well. Taking the May 6th sailing.

What deck did you find for embarkation in San Juan? natefish95 showed him boarding on deck 3 on his May 27th cruise. Guess it varies?

What deck did you find for embarkation in San Juan? natefish95 showed him boarding on deck 3 on his May 27th cruise. Guess it varies?
It may have something to do with any damage to the port following the hurricane, I was on the same cruise as nate (but boarded in Barbados) we had to leave the ship while it cleared customs and to get back on were sent up the escalators, past customs and security then back down stairs to board on deck 3. At one point we walked outside upstairs and could see where, if the platforms were attached, you could have got on via deck 7 so im guessing they could be damaged still

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

It may have something to do with any damage to the port following the hurricane, I was on the same cruise as nate (but boarded in Barbados) we had to leave the ship while it cleared customs and to get back on were sent up the escalators, past customs and security then back down stairs to board on deck 3. At one point we walked outside upstairs and could see where, if the platforms were attached, you could have got on via deck 7 so im guessing they could be damaged still

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

You're correct. When I posted my initial response back in March, I failed to acknowledge that the gangway used to embark the ship from the upper level of the terminal onto deck 7 was damaged during hurricane Maria. They are currently doing both, debarkation and then embarkation using deck 3 (the ship does have a deck 3, it's just not a public deck). You still have to go through the terminal upstairs, then come back down to the lower level to embark the ship just like you would on any other port stop.