Medical Department Charges

RDC1

My Mom became very suddenly ill on the Eurodam. She ended up in the emergency room for ~36 hours. She received tests, IVs, and drugs. The bill was over $2000. Fortunately, Mom had excellent insurance in addition to Medicare as well as travel insurance. She was eventually reimbursed.

The care was excellent & compassionate, and much less than we would have paid in an emergency room and hospital on shore.

A few items of note: 1. Be sure to ask for an itemized bill from the medical facility before you leave the ship. 2. Your charges are added to your ship board account. 3. You receive cruise credit days for the medical charges.

The care was excellent & compassionate, and much less than we would have paid in an emergency room and hospital on shore.

A few items of note: 1. Be sure to ask for an itemized bill from the medical facility before you leave the ship. 2. Your charges are added to your ship board account. 3. You receive cruise credit days for the medical charges.

File that one under every cloud has a silver lining. :cool: Glad you had such a good experience over all.

And you do get credit for on board spending, is just an excursion to the medical clinic, if you had an off board excursion booked they do not charge you for that if your quarantined. Prompt and professional care, cured and back on track for vacation and relaxing and fun.

I got a bill from Medical a day or so later. I also send in the release to HAL once back on land and get their entire report.

I send in this, and the bill from the ship, and final onboard receipt.

The insurance company told me to write my name and policy number on each page. So, I printed up a batch of clear labels, which made it easier to insert w/o covering up anything important.