Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:36 PM.
4,023 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by InAlabama

There were 26 additional arrival airport options. We doing the TA from Southampton in Sep but flying into Paris about a week early to visit Normandy, etc., and separately booked a direct flight from Paris to Southampton for less than $100 each to catch the ship.
we will be doing something similar next year, and hope to be able to use Ez Air to fly into Prague for a week pre-cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My travel blogs --
personal travel blog - Travel Snippets and More
general travel info blog - Travel Ideas. Travel Hints. Travel Warnings.

Loveland, CO
2,184 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
36 days until cruise and my EZAir reservation was finally ticketed and confirmed! So it takes about 9 business days after the 45 day period is over to get ticketed in this case. At least I don't have to call!

Pooh
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regal Princess - 24 Night Northern Europe Grand Adventure, 08/2019
Disney Fantasy - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with Family!, 05/2019
Grand Princess - 10 Night Mexican Riviera, 03/2019 (WS!)
Royal Prncess - 19 Night Maple Explorer Tour 2B, 10/2018
Caribbean Princess- 7 Night Western Caribbean, 07/28/2018
Royal Princess - 10 Nt. Southern Caribbean Medley, 03/2018
Ruby Princess - Alaska Inside Passage, 09/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean, 04/2016
Star Princess - Hawaiian Cruise, 04/2015

HAL Maasdam - Southern Caribbean, 03/11
Coral Princess(Grand Canal)- 02/10
HAL Eurodam - Eastern Caribbean - 11/08
Coral Princess- Panama- 10/07
Caribbean Princess - Eastern - 02/07
Brilliance of the Seas - Med.(Venice) - 09/06
Celebrity Summit - Ultimate Southern - 04/05
HAL Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean - 05/04
HAL Rotterdam - Panama Canal - 10/03
Sea Princess - Western Caribbean - 11/00
MS Niew Amsterdam - Alaska - 06/91
NCL Norway - Eastern Caribbean - 06/90
Carnival Carnivale - Bahamas - 10/89
Somewhere out there...
1,766 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
I just wanted to include my endorsement of EZ Air... doing the Golden Princess transpacific in Sep/Oct and just booked my return flight from Sydney to LAX... nonstop on Delta for only 463pp!

At THAT price... I don't care when they ticket me!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Look Ma! NEW laptop! (Paid for with savings from Shareholder OBC!) But STILL using hunt and peck!
Cincinnati. OH-Go Reds
6,160 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by teecee60
I just wanted to include my endorsement of EZ Air... doing the Golden Princess transpacific in Sep/Oct and just booked my return flight from Sydney to LAX... nonstop on Delta for only 463pp!

Great price; and your response was funny
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cincinnati. OH-Go Reds
6,160 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I booked a flight using EZ air for next Feb. So if I pay for my cruise and airfare in Oct; will Princess pay the airline or do they wait until the last minute to pay the airline? Thanks. I already have my seats on Delta for outbound and return flights
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Manitoba, Canada
84 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Assuming you have a flexible fare, Princess will pay the airline 45 days prior to sail date, although other posts have indicated it is sometimes a few days later.

Regardless, with the flexible fare you can make changes for whatever reason up to the 45 day mark.
14,592 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by teecee60

Perfect time to book, the fares for these non-stop flights just dropped a hundred....but I am assuming u have been watching.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
L RI
2018 cruises completed Alaska Ruby..... May. Pacific Coastal Ruby...Mar.-Apr.
2017 cruises completed MR Emerald... Nov.-Dec. Scandinavian. Crown... Aug-Sept.... South East Asia...Majestic..June-July... Caribbean...Anthem..Mar.- April ...South America... Crown.. Jan.-Feb
Still favor land trips best, but as I log more sea and river days on ships and hours on CC , I might become a "Cruise Lover" sooner than I think or am I already?
1983 1ST Ocean Liner Cruise Caribbean, Carnivale
2006 River Cruise China, Viking Century
My avatar is of a Marine Iguana the most amazing reptile ever, indigenous to the Galapagos......swam with his friends in the Galapagos islands, while traveling on X's Xpedition in 2009 & 2010.....take time to enjoy experiences with nature and it's underwater wonders.

St. Augustine, FL
8,123 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Just a word of warning!
If you book with EZAir, you should regularly check your flights. 125 days out and my friend went to check her flights and found that they had been cancelled!!!! She was flying from San Diego > Atlanta > Barcelona and home from Ft. Lauderdale!
Over an hour and 1/2 on the phone with Princess and they got her flights back with an earlier departure from SD, but never told her why they were cancelled!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Susan and Chuck
Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away!

CARNIVAL, CUNARD, ROYAL CARIBBEAN, CELEBRITY, PRINCESS, MSC
4,023 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by suzyed
Just a word of warning!
If you book with EZAir, you should regularly check your flights. 125 days out and my friend went to check her flights and found that they had been cancelled!!!! She was flying from San Diego > Atlanta > Barcelona and home from Ft. Lauderdale!
Over an hour and 1/2 on the phone with Princess and they got her flights back with an earlier departure from SD, but never told her why they were cancelled!!
Just want to be sure I understand you correctly. The flights were no longer available through Adair of the airlines cancelled them?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My travel blogs --

St. Augustine, FL
8,123 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by diane.in.ny
Just want to be sure I understand you correctly. The flights were no longer available through Adair of the airlines cancelled them?
NO! The flight was still available from Atlanta to Barcelona (We are on that flight still). Not sure if after cancelling the first segment there were no longer seats or it was just cancelled altogether? So they were given an earlier flight from San Diego to ATL and put back on the flight to Barcelona. There was no reason given for the cancellation.

Worst yet is that they were not notifies of this! My friend just happened to check on it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Susan and Chuck
Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away!

4,023 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
NO! The flight was still available from Atlanta to Barcelona (We are on that flight still). Not sure if after cancelling the first segment there were no longer seats or it was just cancelled altogether? So they were given an earlier flight from San Diego to ATL and put back on the flight to Barcelona. There was no reason given for the cancellation.

Worst yet is that they were not notifies of this! My friend just happened to check on it.
Thanks for the heads up. Made me check my upcoming flights and we are good
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My travel blogs --

St. Augustine, FL
8,123 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by diane.in.ny
Thanks for the heads up. Made me check my upcoming flights and we are good
Good! Keep checking it from time to time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Susan and Chuck

PA.
328 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Good! Keep checking it from time to time!
When you say keep checking, do you mean EZ AIR or the airline site?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Ecstasy 1995
Royal Caribbean Legend of The Sea 1997
Carnival Imagination 2000
Norwegian Sun 2002
Caribbean Princess 2008
Ruby Princess 2009
Ruby princess 2010
Celebrity Solstice 2011
Grand Princess 2011
Crown Princess 2014
Regal Princess 2015
Regal Princess 2016
Regal Princess 2018
4,023 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by moresun
When you say keep checking, do you mean EZ AIR or the airline site?
The airline site. Actually, our flights are no longer available on the EZ Air site for the day of disembarkation as they don't meet the cruise line guidelines.

They did when I first booked them. Then Delta changed the departure time and it didn't meet the guidelines.

I had to call Princess because we had a fantastic fare (RT east coast to SYD, premium economy, $1,600) and if I had to rebook for that day, on another airline, the new fare would be double!

My husband and I agreed that if we could keep our fare, we were willing to spend another night in SYD. (Fare at that time for the next day was $2,700!) Princess made the switch, honoring our original booked fare. Worth it to spend another night in SYD compared to spending an add'l $3,200 on air.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My travel blogs --