frustrating

Suzque49

I don't really understand this. Last time I went to weigh in at WW, my home scale said I was 148 and the WW scale read 149. Today my scale read 147, but the WW scale was 150. A big difference from one week to another.

Why would it be such a big difference??

My home scale always weighs me anywhere from 1.0 to 1.6 less than the WW scale. It is frustrating. I am one that weighs everyday and gets excited when I see the number change just to go to WW for the letdown. The WW scales are supposed to be calibrated to be exact but I really wonder. I was down in Fla 2 wks ago and weighed in at one of the Fla WW locations at it had me at a 3 lb loss for the week. Now that is something that I would have normally been happy about but I knew it just wasn't really possible as my whole routine was out-of-whack while I was down there. When I got back to Indy, I weighed in here and was only down a half pound.

For the record, I suppose that we have to go by what WW is saying.

I have tried to weigh in at the same time each day and then do my WW weigh-in around the same time. For me it is early morning before I have eaten any breakfast. On WW days, I just bring a to-go cup of coffee and a granola bar or banana. I do try to wear a similar outfit each week and always weigh without shoes and jewelry.

Good luck to you. You are doing great. :)

I always wear the same clothes each week too.

Unfortunately I have to do my WW weigh in after work at 5pm since the groupl I am going to is a WW at work program. I weigh in the morning after my shower, usually I am 1 to 1 1/5 lbs more but 3 lbs is a big difference.

I have the same issues between my scale and the WW meeting scale. The one difference I have noticed is that at home I'm weighing myself on a tile floor and at the meeting we weigh in on carpet. I experimented and if I move my scale to a carpeted area my weight changes.

---

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your weight is going to fluctuate a little naturally, depending on lots of factors- salt intake, level of hydration, time of the month, etc.

Don't they teach people that at WW?

I weigh myself every day and that sucker is all over the place within 2-3 pounds. I take what it says with a gain of salt and only worry if it's going up several days in a row.

Your weight is going to fluctuate a little naturally, depending on lots of factors- salt intake, level of hydration, time of the month, etc.

I weigh myself every day and that sucker is all over the place within 2-3 pounds. I take what it says with a gain of salt and only worry if it's going up several days in a row.

When I weight myself before I go out the door, and attend a meeting 10 minutes later, (I'm about 5 miles from the meeting )it's not a natural fluctuation, it's the scale, and I'm using a WW scale

---

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your comment stating " Don't they teach people that at WW?" was both rude and unecessary, especially since you don't seem to know everyone's particular situation. You post might have been helpful without that negitive remark thrown in.

I attend an early morning Friday meeting. The last thing I do before I walk out the door is weigh on my scale. I then drive the 2 miles to my WW meeting and weigh-in. The scale is not going to fluctuate 2-3 lbs in 10 minutes. The OP started this thread to get some feed-back from others that are experiencing the same type of situation.

Your comment stating " Don't they teach people that at WW?" was both rude and unecessary, especially since you don't seem to know everyone's particular situation. You post might have been helpful without that negitive remark thrown in.

I attend an early morning Friday meeting. The last thing I do before I walk out the door is weigh on my scale. I then drive the 2 miles to my WW meeting and weigh-in. The scale is not going to fluctuate 2-3 lbs in 10 minutes. The OP started this thread to get some feed-back from others that are experiencing the same type of situation.

Totally agree, as I said, I experience the same!

Thanks everyone. I was also wondering, since it is a WW at work program, they have to haul the scales back and forth. I don't know if they even have the same scales every week, or they have to go pick them up from the WW center.

That could make a big difference too.

Thanks everyone. I was also wondering, since it is a WW at work program, they have to haul the scales back and forth. I don't know if they even have the same scales every week, or they have to go pick them up from the WW center.

That could make a big difference too.

I did a WW at work program also, the leader said they are suppose to calibrate the scale at each site.

I worked as a weigher/receptionist for WW about 15 yrs ago. They have the scales calibrated several times a year but there are physical reasons that will make the difference. Just for fun, I weighed myself before going pee and after- there was a .4 difference. That's almost a half pound!

We had a cartoon in one of the scale stations of a woman on a scale at her doctor's office. The doctor is saying to the woman: You're not retaining water, Mrs Jones. You're retaining ice cream.

It's all about continuing lose not the weekly numbers. If your loses don't show up over a month- then you're doing something wrong with your points. And how is the tape measure looking. I've had weeks when due to exercise the weight has shifted from my butt to my chest. And muscles weigh more than fat, inch for inch.

Just my two cents.;)

Sorry you and the OP took my question personally, but I really wanted to know if WW teaches people that it is absolutely normal for the scale to show variations for many reasons, not just the ones I've mentioned. Apparently, sometimes they don't or you wouldn't be so upset by a few digits.

Your weight certainly can fluctuate quickly and scales aren't always reliable, exactly as protocrone mentioned above. "It's all about continuing lose not the weekly numbers. If your loses don't show up over a month- then you're doing something wrong with your points. And how is the tape measure looking. I've had weeks when due to exercise the weight has shifted from my butt to my chest. And muscles weigh more than fat, inch for inch."

If you're exercising with weights you may be increasing bone density, which will be reflected on the scale (and not the direction you may be hoping). Exercise also actually increases the volume of blood in your body, which, again, may cause weight gain!

IMO, if you're freaking out over a few pounds you're not concentrating on the big picture, which is 1) health and 2) looking better in your clothes. A tape measure is much better than the scale, but that, too, will fluctuate.

I dont think she was negative. She asked an innocent question.

I did read somewhere once that it's best to evaluate your weight by using the same scale, same time, same conditions, all the time. It's a logical answer, would sure help ward off a lot of frustration, I think.

Does it really matter what scale you are on, as long as it goes down and not up??

Your comment stating " Don't they teach

people that at WW?" was both rude and unecessary, especially since you don't seem to know everyone's particular situation. You post might have been helpful without that negitive remark thrown in.

HI all!

Talk about frustrating, my electronic home scale gives me 3 different weights within minutes! I take the highest number but when I see the low one I think there must be something wrong that I've lost so much weight. It varies from 151 to 155 !:eek:

I wonder what the problem is?

~ Jo ~ :)

Does it need a new battery? Those electronic scales can get a little crazy when the battery starts to get weak.

I thought that was the problem with ours, but I weighed on the electronic one and a balance beam one we have had for years, they were right on with each other. (electronic was 146.8, balance beam 146.75)

Archived