Norwegian Jewel...No cruises after Mar 16 th 2019???

Kelownabccan

The ship has a cruise ....Singapore Mar 4 to Hong Kong on Mar 16th.....and nothing else.....is it going in for a refit or upgrade???....wanting to cruise back to NA on it in Spring 2019 like this year.....Anyone know?????

Thanks

The Jewel is doing Alaska cruises in the summer of 2019. We are on the 5/27 Seward to Vancouver sailing.

My guess is that they are waiting to see how the 2018 cruise from Yokohama to Seattle "pans out" before deciding how to get the Jewel back from Asia to North America in 2019.

When they have the details from that, and it is very full, then they will decide whether to go across the Pacific by the Northern or Hawai'ian route.

Jewel has the following refit scheduled late this year. I have her booked for Alaska southbound in August 2019...

2018 Oct 23 - Nov 4 (Singapore)

• Penthouse Suites redecoration
  • Horizon and Observation lounges redecoration
  • new furnishings, wall coverings, artworks, LED lighting, carpets
  • new furniture for Decks 11-12's relaxation areas

My guess is that they are waiting to see how the 2018 cruise from Yokohama to Seattle "pans out" before deciding how to get the Jewel back from Asia to North America in 2019.

When they have the details from that, and it is very full, then they will decide whether to go across the Pacific by the Northern or Hawai'ian route.

That makes sort of sense.....Mar4 to Mar 16....Asia and then the next one shows up as May 20 Alaska.....lots of time between to do what????? strange!!!!.....hope they do the Tokyo to Vancover or Seattle in spring 2019......May 6th this year is being really sold off.....so may be a great deal again next year.....

Thanks....

May 6th this year is being really sold off.

Do you have a price for Insides you could post please?

Well a lead in price ...."inside cabin"....looks like it is going for $949 US plus tax......for the 20 day cruise.....a nice bargain if you want inside for 20 days.....tempting though....

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
The Jewel is doing Alaska cruises in the summer of 2019. We are on the 5/27 Seward to Vancouver sailing.

These cruises have all disappeared from the NCL Web site, have been looking at the same cruise and today their is nothing showing for the Jewel for Summer 2019, and no NCL cruises out of Vancouver

Totally not impressed with the Jewel but if it is the ship they will park around Australia & Asia then for sure they will have a problem. Princess is assigning its most modern and newest ship - the Majestic into the area starting Sept/October 2018. Just looking at the pics, the Jewel needs more than a redecoration. It needs an overhaul inside and outside to compete with the Majestic. And I am not even talking about the staffing. Princess Majestic being the newest on the fleet will for sure have the best trained staff for its maiden year. Good luck to them.

Right now the three ships - Jewel, Spirit and Sun - have no cruises showing in NCL.com after March 2019.

NCL will have exactly ONE ship sailing the Caribbean during summer, 2019, which seems so bizarre. Usually there will be something leaving from Miami, maybe Tampa, New Orleans, even Port Canaveral before. In 2019, just one ship from one port. It is unusual.

• 2 weeks later...
That makes sort of sense.....Mar4 to Mar 16....Asia and then the next one shows up as May 20 Alaska.....lots of time between to do what????? strange!!!!.....hope they do the Tokyo to Vancover or Seattle in spring 2019......May 6th this year is being really sold off.....so may be a great deal again next year.....

Thanks....

I too am waiting for the April 2019 itineraries on the Jewel to be released. We've known since late last year that we want to do the same cruise as you mention out of Tokyo. We would have booked it for this year but it clashes with one we'd already booked.

It's now April and I check daily on the NCL site to see if April 2019 is still greyed out. It is. Jewel has cruises there for every month up till April and from May to September. I've messaged NCL a couple of times but my message only goes to the Australian NCL agent and they don't know.

I'm seeing other cruises on other lines we'd like to do, but only if the NCL Tokyo to Seattle/Vancouver itinerary doesn't happen. I've by passed other appealing cruises, missed out on promos too, whilst I wait for NCL to get their act together. No way would we do a re-location via Hawaii as we've done that twice and we want something different.

• 1 month later...
The ship has a cruise ....Singapore Mar 4 to Hong Kong on Mar 16th.....and nothing else.....is it going in for a refit or upgrade???....wanting to cruise back to NA on it in Spring 2019 like this year.....Anyone know?????

Thanks

We were so disappointed when the Jewel did not announce the Hong Kong to Tokyo leg as they had this year for 2019. We are cruising Singapore to HK overnight and changing to Holland America for the HK to Tokyo portion that NCL is no longer offering.

This does not appear on NCL.com this morning.

The cruise has been announced but isn't on sale at the moment. I doubt it will ever appear on the NCL site as it is a charter cruise.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if it is also chartered on the week following that one. Golden Week in Japan starts on Monday 29th; it was chartered for Golden Week this year.

If it also chartered for that week it will be by another organisation. I don't know anything about that.

BOOK IT ASAP. In New Zealand the Haven price is NZD7314.

Tried it immediatly :')

Elas... I think they recognized the error.

Booking was not possible.

Price was only taxes & port fees

WXyagPEwCPxbMKox6

Edited by Marcel.from.NL