Flying in from the states to San Juan, best airline for PRICE to see St. Lucia

beshears

We live in Missouri, and it is very expensive to fly directly to San Juan to get the ship to take us to St. Lucia, etc. Do you know of any airline that has good rates for this?

Rates vary a lot depending on time of year. You'll have to shop around.

Southwest can be good pricing, as cab AA, Delta, JetBlue, United, Frontier, etc. Do your homework on what's included in your fare (seat selection , checked baggage, carry-on charges or what) and shop around. Remember Southwest doesn't shoe up on fare compare websites - have to go to their website to check..

Since your question is about flying to San Juan (I think...it's very confusing), suggest you post on the San Juan board.

You might get more answers there.

I used Jet Blue to fly nonstop Orlando to San Juan in December, it was only a few hundred dollars.

As mentioned, Southwest is also usually pretty good price wise, but using them from up north you may have to make a few stops on the way.

Thank you ALL for you good suggestions. :) I usually use SWA, but wondered if someone else had used another airline as well. I do like the SWA free luggage, as that always seems in the long run to pay off. I was trying to check on prices on SWA, but they don't go to March as yet, so I may have to hold off for a while.

As mentioned, I might check out JetBlue, as I have never used them before and see if the cost would be the same or better, flying into Florida, and then on to San Juan.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you ALL for you good suggestions. :) I usually use SWA, but wondered if someone else had used another airline as well. I do like the SWA free luggage, as that always seems in the long run to pay off. I was trying to check on prices on SWA, but they don't go to March as yet, so I may have to hold off for a while.

As mentioned, I might check out JetBlue, as I have never used them before and see if the cost would be the same or better, flying into Florida, and then on to San Juan.

check SWA the day the flights open up for your dates.

We had the same dilemma.

When they just opened up our flight dates a few weeks back we got nonstop flights both ways from Baltimore for $244 round trip pp.

Right now on SWA the same flights would cost me $420 pp r/t.

Flights are opening for bookings up until March 6th this coming Thursday.

Bill