Reserving a time for dinner??

Hi,

Alrighty, I'm confused.

1). Can someone tell me how to book our MTD Time for each if our nights on the Oasis. Sailing at the end of this August.

I was able to ONLY select a time fir the first night. We like to eat at the same time each night, early 5:00pm. The System will NOT allow me to select any other cruise Night for the MTD in the MDR.

2). On a similar note, I am only allowed to book one EARLY Comedy Night. And another evening, the LATE Comedy Night. We really enjoy the Comedy Club, so are we restricted to ONE show per the show times?

This is our first time on one of these BIG ships. So, not accustomed to putting together our time on vacation/the Ship this far in advance.

Thanks in advance for your help,

🌸🌸. Bobbi

For MTD you have to do it one night at a time.

How?? I press Dining, says something similar to "I'm booked" already. I "modify" and in doing so, I now have cancelled my 1st Night dining time, in order to book the 2nd night!

:o:o

If you plan to eat that early nightly, simply let them know when you're aboard, on the 1st night. There is little to no problem with that early of a time. The 7pm timeslot is the most popular time, and you almost have to have reservations for that.

Hi,

I wanted to just update here. I tried again this morning to book each night for our 5:00pm dinner ressies. Holy Moly!! Problems, problems. "Rebooting" (whatever that's called, when the page turns blank and I have to start over) itself 3 different times!!

I finally called. Even with her assistance it took 1/2 hour just to book the dining times. She'd send me my email copy and not all the days would be on it. Or our son wasn't included. ALL 3 of us are in the same cabin too. YIKES :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, yeah, just a heads up. We still had our onboard shows show up on the ressies. Thank goodness. I had made those online myself.

We probably didn't need those early dinner ressies, but I'm doing this cruise by Royal's Rules.

Bobbi

:confused: My goodness! This morning I went to "MY CALENDAR " to just make sure everything was 100% correct.

Nope. I had to add our son to one of the shows. Guess I didn't scrutinize the calendar details enough last night?

I guess I'll need to keep a close eye on all the items that are required to fill out online. Which, I'm usually pretty darn good at.... :rolleyes:

Bobbi

Don't depend on the Calendar. On the big ships the Calendar will routinely list a Mytime reservation as "At Your Convenience" with a two hour window. The place to check your bookings is in the link at the top of the page that shows your orders. Those should list times, prices for items that had them, and who is booked. If a purchase or booking doesn't show up there you MIGHT be able to fix it onboard with a printout of the original purchase, but you are better off fixing it on the phone before you go.

As several posters have said, Mytime Dining reservations now seem to require making one reservation, going all the way through checkout, and then doing the next one. At least the system knows which dates you already reserved (I tend to forget while doing this).

Also note that on large ships the dining room might open at 5:15 but earliest reservation might be 5:30 or 5:45. If you want to eat when they open see the hostess when you get onboard (they may or may not be outside the dining room). Several ships have mentioned that if you don't show up within 10 minutes they may cancel the reservation automatically.

Edited by LeeW
more

Don't depend on the Calendar. On the big ships the Calendar will routinely list a Mytime reservation as "At Your Convenience" with a two hour window. The place to check your bookings is in the link at the top of the page that shows your orders. Those should list times, prices for items that had them, and who is booked. If a purchase or booking doesn't show up there you MIGHT be able to fix it onboard with a printout of the original purchase, but you are better off fixing it on the phone before you go.

As several posters have said, Mytime Dining reservations now seem to require making one reservation, going all the way through checkout, and then doing the next one. At least the system knows which dates you already reserved (I tend to forget while doing this).

In my view this is bad website design. It took me two calls to RCL to get it straightened out.