El Cid Day Pass?

CoasterJoe

We were there Sept 4th. We purchased the day pass for $49.99 through Resort for a Day or Cozumel Day Trips or something like that. We were on RC so it is super convenient for the International Terminal. You are entitled to all drinks but only Dos Equis draft beer but the beer was good and cold. This is the 2nd time we have been to El Cid. If you have been there before you know the beach area and pool area are small but for us its works out great.Food was good. I recommend it for a lazy port day.

I have only ever done the cheaper pass, but not recently so don't know current pricing. however i have always found it cheaper to buy directly in the lobby than through Resort for a day (their website lists $65, so i dont know if PP caught a sale?) If you dont get any up to date pricing I would email the hotel directly and check current pricing and perhaps report back for others?

For AI we prefer Park RoyAl next door for more pool choices and food and beverage places. The only downside to Park Royal is that the pass is only from 11-6 so it depends on your port hours whether it is worth it. You can go in earlier but food and beverages only allowed during those hours. Park Royal also used to be less than El Cid but i believe it may have gone up to $50 now?

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, mdchachi said:

As of December 2018 the non-AI day pass is $21.00 that includes $12 of credit for the restaurant when purchased at the hotel.

Thank you for this update - sounds like it has just gone up a couple of dollars in many years.

• 1 month later...

We weren't impressed with El Cid.  All of the Palapas were reserved for hotel guests, even though we were the first ones on the beach.  Only chairs we could pick were in the hot sun.  Drinks were ok, but we were not able to order any food to be brought to us.  Had to go eat at the buffet.  Won't go back.

15 minutes ago, PlanoDebbie said:

We weren't impressed with El Cid.  All of the Palapas were reserved for hotel guests, even though we were the first ones on the beach.  Only chairs we could pick were in the hot sun.  Drinks were ok, but we were not able to order any food to be brought to us.  Had to go eat at the buffet.  Won't go back.

Strange we have always been able to order off the menu. Agree the buffet didn’t look too great.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:24 AM, c-leg5 said:

Strange we have always been able to order off the menu. Agree the buffet didn’t look too great.

Same here. Had a couple of shaded tables right next to the pool as well. This was in April 2017. Things could of changed since then. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:24 PM, c-leg5 said:

We had booked a day pass to El Cid because Nachi Cocom was already full for the day.  It was an easy enough walk from Puerta Maya.  All we had wanted was a nice relaxing day and figured we'd give it a try.  Besides EVERY palapa having a "reserved" sign on it for hotel guests, the waiters kept ignoring us when we wanted to order drinks.  I think we got 3 drinks total while we were there.  Saw everyone else ordering food off of menus and asked our waiter for a menu as well.  That's when he told us that guests staying at the hotel were the only ones who could order off the menu.  With our day pass, our only food option was the buffet.  We didn't want to lose our lounge chairs to go eat, so we waited until about 2:00 to head over to the restaurant.  Food was NOT good.

14 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

We had booked a day pass to El Cid because Nachi Cocom was already full for the day.  It was an easy enough walk from Puerta Maya.  All we had wanted was a nice relaxing day and figured we'd give it a try.  Besides EVERY palapa having a "reserved" sign on it for hotel guests, the waiters kept ignoring us when we wanted to order drinks.  I think we got 3 drinks total while we were there.  Saw everyone else ordering food off of menus and asked our waiter for a menu as well.  That's when he told us that guests staying at the hotel were the only ones who could order off the menu.  With our day pass, our only food option was the buffet.  We didn't want to lose our lounge chairs to go eat, so we waited until about 2:00 to head over to the restaurant.  Food was NOT good.

Thanks for the insight, maybe policies have changed but we have always had the experience of other posters. I would certainly email beforehand and check if we plan to go again.  We would never choose them for an AI pass as explained  above but they are convenient from International for 2-3 hours of PAYG or non-AI pass.

Agree buffet didnt look good (much better next door at Park Royal) but menu food was OK ar El Cid when we have had it.

As noted above we have prebooked El Cid through Shoreexcursioneer so I contacted them and here is their response  (verbatim) but leaving out the sender's name:

"In regards to your inquiries, the excursion has suffered some changes, the palapas and umbrellas are first come first served, there is no way to reserve it. The food included in the day pass is all you can eat buffet on most days as well as order off the menu...whatever you want, as much as you want (except lobster). This can vary depending on the day."

Ok, subject to multiple interpretations but I haven't cancelled our reservation yet. I think we have only spent $20 or so; may show up and ask these questions at the front desk when we arrive and make a decision then.

3 hours ago, 1Texansgo said:

As noted above we have prebooked El Cid through Shoreexcursioneer so I contacted them and here is their response  (verbatim) but leaving out the sender's name:

"In regards to your inquiries, the excursion has suffered some changes, the palapas and umbrellas are first come first served, there is no way to reserve it. The food included in the day pass is all you can eat buffet on most days as well as order off the menu...whatever you want, as much as you want (except lobster). This can vary depending on the day."

Ok, subject to multiple interpretations but I haven't cancelled our reservation yet. I think we have only spent $20 or so; may show up and ask these questions at the front desk when we arrive and make a decision then.

Thanks for your research!

We have never booked in advance, just turned up on the day at the lobby and bought reduced pass.

For us, loungers wouldn't be important as we wouldn't be staying all day but not eating from the menu would be a dealbreaker.

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 2:21 PM, 1Texansgo said:

I had forgotten the response you got from shore excursioneer - just wondered if you have been now and if you could report on the current situation?

Edited by c-leg5