Crystal Cruises Website Part 2

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:44 AM.
flushing, ny
6,023 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
While perusing my reservation and check-in for my upcoming cruise, I was asked to rate their website....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
getting there is half the fun!
coming back is the other half!
Sydney, Australia
4,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by bob brown
While perusing my reservation and check-in for my upcoming cruise, I was asked to rate their website....

Bob - I believe that survey relates to users of the PCPC site which those with bookings need to log into as opposed to the public website for Crystal Cruises
I won't be getting that invitation for a while as those with 2018 and 2019 bookings can't even access it
They'd have to be very bold to ask people's opinions of their experience with the public website
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You can contact me: bodogbodog @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

04/14/2017 Crystal Symphony - Tokyo to San Diego - 17 days
12/21/2016 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 15 days
01/24/2016 Crystal Serenity - San Francisco to Sydney - 22 days

11/13/2014 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Sydney - 11 days
10/28/2014 Crystal Symphony - San Diego to Auckland - 15 days
02/16/2014 Crystal Symphony - Sydney to Bali - 12 days
01/05/2013 Crystal Symphony - Melbourne to Hobart - 6 days
South Florida
565 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by Observer
I think there was a post recently suggesting that for the time being one can only book 2017 cruises. It will be some weeks before 2018 and 2019 cruises will be live.

Do I have this right, folks?
Hello Observer,

Last I heard, I'm expecting limited PCPC functionality for 2018 & 2019 voyages on June 19th. Here's a link to my June 7th post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...79&postcount=1 .

I'm sure that many of our Crystal guests would appreciate details on what "limited functionality" means. I've requested an update, and will post on the June 7th "Heads up : PCPC Update" thread, when there's additional information to share. Thank You.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sincerely,
Andy Geller
Crystal Social Media Ambassador
[email protected]

Maine
1,315 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Speaking of websites: while I was searching for other news about change in Air Cruises I came across

https://www.crystalthenextchapter.com

Which was the site, from a few years ago, for a bunch of announcements announcing river, air, yacht, new ocean. It is a Crystal site that they should get rid or or? Basically, everything on it has changed or been eliminated - new ocean ships with residences in 2019, etc.
Someone doing a search and finding that site will be very confused and perhaps have expectations that aren't being met
Sydney, Australia
4,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by ctjon
Someone doing a search and finding that site will be very confused and perhaps have expectations that aren't being met
Classic!
I hope they keep it as a testament to the expectations set....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2,961 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by ctjon
Speaking of websites: while I was searching for other news about change in Air Cruises I came across

https://www.crystalthenextchapter.com

Which was the site, from a few years ago, for a bunch of announcements announcing river, air, yacht, new ocean. It is a Crystal site that they should get rid or or? Basically, everything on it has changed or been eliminated - new ocean ships with residences in 2019, etc.
Why would they get rid of it? It's still referenced from links in their current site and their brand (vs. segment) marketing of the future brand.

Now whether it needs to be updated or not -- that may either be where you were going with your post, or the bigger question.

Vince
4,543 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by cruisr
Sorry but that's not good for business. I was looking at cruises to recommend for my son, his GF and another couple, all millennial's who can easily afford Crystal but only want to go away for a week. That demographic use the internet, they don't want to bother with a TA and want to do the booking themselves. I just texted him and told him he can't book a 2018 cruise with Crystal online. His return text included "r u kidding" and three other letters.
Oh, I don't know about that. I have several clients in that demographic, and while they generally come in knowing what they want, I always end doing the actual booking. I checked the agent site earlier today and the entire inventory out to 2019 is available and can be booked.
1,484 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by Roland4
Oh, I don't know about that. I have several clients in that demographic, and while they generally come in knowing what they want, I always end doing the actual booking. I checked the agent site earlier today and the entire inventory out to 2019 is available and can be booked.

Glad you have some of that business but not one of my son's friends uses a TA. They have traveled the world already (my son has been to 48 coutries with our family) and are more proficient at finding what they want then we were in our 20's. They play the credit card game and fly in J and F all over the place. My son has been more places, (as have I) including Aman Hotels, then my best friend, who is a TA. MIllenials are not loyal to anything. My son knows I love Crystal so he'll give it a try. I hope he, his GF and their friends like it. I hope they stay loyal. They've already been on Seabourn so we'll see.
flushing, ny
6,023 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Bob - I believe that survey relates to users of the PCPC site which those with bookings need to log into as opposed to the public website for Crystal Cruises
I won't be getting that invitation for a while as those with 2018 and 2019 bookings can't even access it
They'd have to be very bold to ask people's opinions of their experience with the public website
I believe you are correct on that...
I have noticed similar 'pop-up' survey's on many websites I visit...I believe some of them are from the company represented by the website, and some by the sometimes's outsourced website developer...most of the time, they are just an annoyance, and I decline, but I did do the Crystal one.......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
getting there is half the fun!
coming back is the other half!
Sydney, Australia
4,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
So here we are 4 months out from WC2018 and Crystals website is woefully lacking in detail on the first leg @ https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyag...nment_programs
No Captain and no entertainers listed on the site....
Although you can glean a little more on the legacy site @ http://legacy.crystalcruises.com/haw.../entertainment
One has to wonder how long its going to be before Crystal get their act on their "face to the customers" - the website should be the go to for basic information (I'm not even going to mention PCPC for 2018 cruises....)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Reading PA
128 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
So here we are 4 months out from WC2018 and Crystals website is woefully lacking in detail on the first leg @ https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyag...nment_programs

Although you can glean a little more on the legacy site @ http://legacy.crystalcruises.com/haw.../entertainment

One has to wonder how long its going to be before Crystal get their act on their "face to the customers" - the website should be the go to for basic information (I'm not even going to mention PCPC for 2018 cruises....)

Yep, and we have fully paid for this first leg and are dining by reservation and have not been able to get on and make our dining reservations. Nor any of our shore excursions. While Both Terry and I would absolutely be ecstatic if Mark was booked in the Avenue, we are realistic about his schedule and demand. But in my industry, ( the college and university business), the absence of an up to date website would mean lost dollars. I kinda feel like its beginning to mean that for Crystal as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
1,982 Posts
Joined May 2000
Yes, four months out before the departure of Serenity WC18.

But what do you expect from Crystal nowadays? We have been advised by a Crystal spokesperson that we should not be so demanding and impatient.

It's been more than thirteen months since Crystal proudly announced its "dynamic new website" with the CEO opining: “It is imperative that travelers glean a true sense of what is in store for them on a Crystal vacation when they visit our website. Like the extraordinary luxury experiences offered with our rapidly growing fleet, the new Crystal website reflects a standard of excellence and inspiring possibilities,” says Edie Rodriguez, president and CEO of Crystal.
Sydney, Australia
4,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
“It is imperative that travelers glean a true sense of what is in store for them on a Crystal vacation when they visit our website. Like the extraordinary luxury experiences offered with our rapidly growing fleet, the new Crystal website reflects a standard of excellence and inspiring possibilities,” says Edie Rodriguez, president and CEO of Crystal.
So funny - LMAO

If those are the standards of excellence they have set then we're in for an interesting time

What good is a glossy website without up to date content?

I remember being told by some at the time "to be patient"...but that has well and truly worn thin....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Florida
4,102 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I would be much more anxious to be able to book shore excursions and dinner reservations than to know who the captain and entertainers will be.
Sydney, Australia
4,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by May B
I would be much more anxious to be able to book shore excursions and dinner reservations than to know who the captain and entertainers will be.
For that you would need a working PCPC - that would be another "broken" IT asset of Crystal - this threads about their woeful public website and the lack of info in it...

As it happens I already made my dinner reservations before the PCPC was suspended and there aren't a lot of excursions needed on the Pacific Islands were visiting on this cruise - but I feel for those who paid before the 6 months window to get the discount yet still can't do any bookings now
188 Posts
Joined May 2014
I just hope when it is finally available it doesn't crash with all the pent up demand for access

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Denmark
14 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
I must admit that I am unhappy about the PCPC not working. I paid for the full WC July 1st and still not able to book anything.
I can imagine the lines to update your credit card info, passport no (I am getting a new passport this month) etc when embarking and not to mention the excurtion desk and dinner reservation.
Although Crystal say I can do all this through my travel agent, I think they are putting a lot of work on the agents shoulder because their system not working.
Another thought, will it ever work?

Elisabeth
2,961 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
YMMV, but the only pieces that aren't working for me are tied to either the reservation system (which IIRC is supposed to be done by the end of this month), and the CMS (which I've never seen an ETA on, but would logically come after the reservation system in order of how the data flows.) Every point made about the consequences of the limited site and system is completely valid, and it does suck, but that's how migrations go. This one hasn't been the smoothest, or the fastest, but by a longshot it isn't the slowest or the roughest.

As someone who has to deal with various systems of different travel suppliers every day, this hasn't been so bad. At the end of the day though, if most customers think it has gone horribly, then their experience and perception is everything.

Vince
1,982 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by BWIVince
YMMV, but the only pieces that aren't working for me are tied to either the reservation system (which IIRC is supposed to be done by the end of this month), and the CMS (which I've never seen an ETA on, but would logically come after the reservation system in order of how the data flows.) Every point made about the consequences of the limited site and system is completely valid, and it does suck, but that's how migrations go. This one hasn't been the smoothest, or the fastest, but by a longshot it isn't the slowest or the roughest.

Vince
I am on an early 2018 cruise. Having a visitor onboard at one port is terribly important -- in fact an important factor in my booking this cruise. One could previously file a visitor request by filling out and faxing/emailing a form to Crystal. Now they refuse to provide any such forms. OBGS wrote: "The visitor request form can only be accessed via Priority Check-In. We do not have independent form to send." I was assured that I could do this on PCPC by the beginning of September. I still see no such option. Crystal could have accommodated its guests by making the tried-and-true paper application available until the PCPC app is available. Had they lost the template for the form? Could they not accommodate guests during this dreadful transition? It's very discouraging. Crystal disappoints again.
88,571 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I am on an early 2018 cruise. Having a visitor onboard at one port is terribly important -- in fact an important factor in my booking this cruise. One could previously file a visitor request by filling out and faxing/emailing a form to Crystal. Now they refuse to provide any such forms. OBGS wrote: "The visitor request form can only be accessed via Priority Check-In. We do not have independent form to send." I was assured that I could do this on PCPC by the beginning of September. I still see no such option. Crystal could have accommodated its guests by making the tried-and-true paper application available until the PCPC app is available. Had they lost the template for the form? Could they not accommodate guests during this dreadful transition? It's very discouraging. Crystal disappoints again.
We are in a similar situation but since we have been told for the last couple of months that PCPC would not be at full functionality until the end of September it was very clear to us that we do not expect to be able to do the visitor form until end of September/early October.

I know things can be stressful but I am sure it will all work out.

I am always happy that Crystal is one of the few cruise lines that allows visitors to board.

As to things to stress about. It is all the people in Texas who have lost homes or family members. Same goes for those in Florida. And today is 9/11.

I guess it's all about perspective.

Don't sweat the little things.

I am not being a cheerleader but am just sharing my honest opinion.

Again, I am sure it will work out. Again, we are in a similar situation and we know it will work out in the end.

Keith