Which liquor is available for an in-cabin bottle?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:38 PM.
Sydney, Australia
4,776 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by LittleFish1976
Hey Bodogbodog, it was in June this year on Symphony.
Thanks
Oh well inconsistency on sailings it seems - no surprise there
It's interesting they actually gave you the list as in the past they typically didn't mention it and the form was in the back of the information compendium if people knew about it
It was previously one those "secrets" that those in the know could let others know about
Australia
72 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Thanks
It's interesting they actually gave you the list as in the past they typically didn't mention it and the form was in the back of the information compendium if people knew about it
It was previously one those "secrets" that those in the know could let others know about
Well, I did have a heads up from being a reader of this board and may have suggested that I would like to request something in particular.
Triangle area, NC
788 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Thanks
We were given a list by our stewardess--on that cruise last year where we met. It may be a difference in stewardesses, or in the fact that you were a "repeat offender" while we'd only been on a short getaway cruise prior to the world cruise.

That being said, I requested a scotch that wasn't on "the list" but was served as a included beverage in the bars. And returned to the cabin to find a bottle sitting on the counter. I never actually finished that bottle, but our other bottle was wine, and it was replenished--sometimes with multiple bottles--whenever we asked. Note that this was the world cruise, and that might have made a difference. But I think the "no is never the answer" attitude on Crystal carries through to each cruise.
Florida
4,102 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by ryndam
We have the beds pushed together with a single bottom sheet, but prefer to have two twin duvets rather than the one single, queen-size duvet that is generally provided when the beds are together.

Rob
Ah, I never would've thought of that. Thx for explaining it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
13 Celebrity
6 Royal Caribbean
4 Crystal
3 HAL
2 AmaWaterways
1 American Queen
1 Azamara
1 Oceania
1 Carnival
1 Renaissance (now defunct)
1 Premier (yup, the also-defunct Big Red Boat)
Florida
4,102 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by LittleFish1976
Maybe they don't bother presenting returning passengers with a 'list' but I can assure you that this first-time passenger was given the list by the cabin attendant on the day of embarkation just a couple of months ago.
Not all cabin attendants are created equal.
Palm Desert, California
3,669 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Well if you make me a list I can post it next week from Serenity.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy
'The best souvenir of your travels are the new friends you've made onboard and the memories you've created'.
NEXT:
Crystal Symphony 5/18/18 LA to Vancouver (Hawaii) V8210.

The cruise I liked the best....is....somewhere on this list.

8/8/17 Crystal Serenity Vancouver to Anchorage "Northern Wonders"v7319
5/10/17 RT Crystal Serenity LA/Sea of Cortez -V7310
11/22/16 RT Crystal Serenity New Orleans V6329
6/13/16 Crystal Serenity San Francisco to Vancouver V6311
10/31/15 Crystal NY to Miami - Symphony
5/7/15 Oceania Marina New York to Montreal

11/06/13 - Oceania Riviera Istanbul to Barcelona
11/18/13 - Oceania Riviera Barcelona to Miami

5/11/13 Sapphire Princess LA to Vancouver Coastal West Coast
10/18/12 Tauck MS Swiss Jewel - Prague to Budapest
10/31/11 Regent Mariner Barcelona to Venice
5/8/11- Viking River Rhine Getaway - Sun and Helvetia
5/8/10 Sapphire Princess LAX-YVR*
5/9/09 Sapphire Princess LAX*YVR.
6/4/08- Oceania Regatta|Baltics.
11/3/07-Regent Voyager|Monte Carlo/FLL-Grand Crossing*
5/14/07-HAL |Amsterdam LA/Vancouver*
6/20/07-Oceania Nautica|Istanbul/Athens*
12/06-Regent Navigator|Caribbean*
8/06-Regent Mariner|Mush to Alaska!!!!!*
8/06-RCCL|Monster (Monarch) of the Seas*
6/06-Regent Voyager|MC to Dover*
5/21/05-Regent Paul Gauguin|Party in Paradise*.
6/2/04-Regent Navigator|Bermuda*
9/22/04-Regent Navigator|NYC/Canada*
5/03-Regent Mariner|Panama Canal*
6/01-Regent Mariner|Alaska Inaugural*
5/02-Celebrity Millennium|Caribbean*
9/98 & 1993-RCCL Viking Serenade*
12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas|Caribbean*
South FL
805 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Can someone remember what Scotch is available in cabin? Does anyone have and can post the "supposed" list of spirits available for in-cabin consumption? TY
Sacramento, California
863 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by Islander500
Can someone remember what Scotch is available in cabin? Does anyone have and can post the "supposed" list of spirits available for in-cabin consumption? TY
We found it was as Bodogbodog said. We were able to order anything off the inclusive spirits list. See post #37 in:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...quor+inclusive
for pictures of the inclusive menu.

The procedure was a bit different. When I asked our room steward, she said that we needed to call Room Service to make our request. We got a single malt - Glenmorangie Duthac. We had asked for Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban but one of the bar tenders when we visited Crystal Cove to do some research before selecting had already mentioned that they had had trouble with their supply of that and some of the other had been loaded instead so I wasn't surprised at the substitution. We were happy with the result.
South FL
805 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by new_cruiser
We found it was as Bodogbodog said. We were able to order anything off the inclusive spirits list. See post #37 in:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...quor+inclusive
for pictures of the inclusive menu.

The procedure was a bit different. When I asked our room steward, she said that we needed to call Room Service to make our request. We got a single malt - Glenmorangie Duthac. We had asked for Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban but one of the bar tenders when we visited Crystal Cove to do some research before selecting had already mentioned that they had had trouble with their supply of that and some of the other had been loaded instead so I wasn't surprised at the substitution. We were happy with the result.
Somehow I missed that. Thank you.
88,579 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Please remember that sometimes for whatever reason a specific brand might not be available on a cruise either because it is no longer being purchased (less likely if it is popular) or just temporarily out of stock because of availably, loss/breakage during shipment or inability to get it through customs at a planned port.

Keith