Dubai hotel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:41 AM.
#1
Australia
278 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Has anyone taken the Crystal transfer in Dubai and had day use of a hotel while waiting for the flight? Can you remember the name of the hotel and location? Many thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TheOtherJudith
#2
Dubai, U.A.E.
2,313 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by jwh
Has anyone taken the Crystal transfer in Dubai and had day use of a hotel while waiting for the flight? Can you remember the name of the hotel and location? Many thanks.
It's 7 years since either of the Crystal ocean ships made a port call in Dubai so whatever was then is unlikely to be what is today.

They did have several Esprit cruises roundtrip Dubai last winter and I believe the hotel they used for pre or post cruise was the Taj Hotel Downtown however, that is not near the airport so unlikely they would use it for airport transfers.

Is there a hotel listed for pre or post cruise for either V7223 or V7224 in November which is when the Symphony is due to be in Dubai??

Anne..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crystal Mozart: Vienna to Vienna, Sept. 2016
Crystal Symphony: Miami/San Juan/Rio, Dec. 2015
Crystal Symphony: New York to Dover, June 2015
Crystal Serenity: Istanbul to Venice, October 2013
Crystal Symphony: Istanbul - Rome, July 2013
Crystal Symphony: Auckland - Melbourne, Dec. 2012
Crystal Symphony: Southampton - Hamburg, May 2012
Crystal Symphony: Alaska, August 2011
Crystal Symphony: Dubai - Athens, May 2010
Azamara Quest: Singapore - Hong Kong, Jan. 2009
Crystal Serenity: Black Sea - August 2008
Crystal Symphony:Gulf of Mexico & Panama Canal Dec.2007
QM2 Transatlantic: NY - S'hampton June 2007
Crystal Serenity: E. Caribbean January 2007
Crystal Symphony: Rome - Dover, August 2006
Oceania Insignia: Western Med., August 2005
#3
Australia
278 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thanks Anne. No, there are no clues as to which hotel they use in conjunction with the group coach transfer. I'll see if I can get a response from Crystal if no-one else has asked this question and received an answer in the interim.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TheOtherJudith
#4
Dubai, U.A.E.
2,313 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by jwh
Thanks Anne. No, there are no clues as to which hotel they use in conjunction with the group coach transfer. I'll see if I can get a response from Crystal if no-one else has asked this question and received an answer in the interim.
Judith,

I just checked the website and for pre or post cruise stays for those two voyages they are using the Ritz Carlton Jumeirah Beach Walk which is in the Dubai Marina area of Dubai. I can't think they would use this as a day facility for airport transfers as it is the opposite side of the city to the airport and there are several other properties that would be more convenient for day use...

Anne...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crystal Mozart: Vienna to Vienna, Sept. 2016
Crystal Symphony: Miami/San Juan/Rio, Dec. 2015
Crystal Symphony: New York to Dover, June 2015
Crystal Serenity: Istanbul to Venice, October 2013
Crystal Symphony: Istanbul - Rome, July 2013
Crystal Symphony: Auckland - Melbourne, Dec. 2012
Crystal Symphony: Southampton - Hamburg, May 2012
Crystal Symphony: Alaska, August 2011
Crystal Symphony: Dubai - Athens, May 2010
Azamara Quest: Singapore - Hong Kong, Jan. 2009
Crystal Serenity: Black Sea - August 2008
Crystal Symphony:Gulf of Mexico & Panama Canal Dec.2007
QM2 Transatlantic: NY - S'hampton June 2007
Crystal Serenity: E. Caribbean January 2007
Crystal Symphony: Rome - Dover, August 2006
Oceania Insignia: Western Med., August 2005
#5
antwerpen
1,045 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
i was in a dayroom close to the airport at the Meridien ( with another cruise company )

and i booked once the Millenium close to the airport ( normal reservation ) but left at 1 am - eazrly check in was requested
#6
Australia
278 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Anne have you happened to notice where Crystal shuttle drops off in Dubai?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TheOtherJudith
#7
Dubai, U.A.E.
2,313 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by jwh
Anne have you happened to notice where Crystal shuttle drops off in Dubai?
I think when Crystal were here previously there was a shuttle to the Dubai Mall but I can't be sure as it was 7 years ago!! There may also be a port authority complimentary shuttle too as I have read posts on the ports of call board that guests arriving on other cruise lines have taken a shuttle from the terminal to other malls... I do know that for anyone who wants to DIY their time in Dubai the Big Bus Tour (hoho bus) is always available from the cruise terminal when ships are in port...

Anne..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crystal Mozart: Vienna to Vienna, Sept. 2016
Crystal Symphony: Miami/San Juan/Rio, Dec. 2015
Crystal Symphony: New York to Dover, June 2015
Crystal Serenity: Istanbul to Venice, October 2013
Crystal Symphony: Istanbul - Rome, July 2013
Crystal Symphony: Auckland - Melbourne, Dec. 2012
Crystal Symphony: Southampton - Hamburg, May 2012
Crystal Symphony: Alaska, August 2011
Crystal Symphony: Dubai - Athens, May 2010
Azamara Quest: Singapore - Hong Kong, Jan. 2009
Crystal Serenity: Black Sea - August 2008
Crystal Symphony:Gulf of Mexico & Panama Canal Dec.2007
QM2 Transatlantic: NY - S'hampton June 2007
Crystal Serenity: E. Caribbean January 2007
Crystal Symphony: Rome - Dover, August 2006
Oceania Insignia: Western Med., August 2005
#8
Australia
278 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by Jayayeff
I think when Crystal were here previously there was a shuttle to the Dubai Mall but I can't be sure as it was 7 years ago!! There may also be a port authority complimentary shuttle too as I have read posts on the ports of call board that guests arriving on other cruise lines have taken a shuttle from the terminal to other malls... I do know that for anyone who wants to DIY their time in Dubai the Big Bus Tour (hoho bus) is always available from the cruise terminal when ships are in port...

Anne..

Many thanks for your quick response Anne. Much appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
TheOtherJudith