Episode 10 - Another Seed-A and The Azores!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:50 AM.
Sydney, Australia
4,788 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Bad day to release an episode - today many will be out celebrating the change of management....and some will be in mourning....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You can contact me: bodogbodog @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

04/14/2017 Crystal Symphony - Tokyo to San Diego - 17 days
12/21/2016 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 15 days
01/24/2016 Crystal Serenity - San Francisco to Sydney - 22 days

11/13/2014 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Sydney - 11 days
10/28/2014 Crystal Symphony - San Diego to Auckland - 15 days
02/16/2014 Crystal Symphony - Sydney to Bali - 12 days
01/05/2013 Crystal Symphony - Melbourne to Hobart - 6 days
482 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
No, it isn't always foggy. We were able to see the lakes, but our excursion was in the afternoon. I'm not sure what time of day you visited. The Azores are amazing. I would love to spend a week there.

Your episode is lovely.

I remember that the major industry is dairy. It's evident that you were amply reminded of that fact!
St. Paul MN
3,217 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Love the parade of cows.
And of course the music with the view from your balcony in the middle of a ocean...
New York
8,321 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Thanks for all the great episodes. BUT -- ok it's episode 10 and I kept thinking my hearing would kick in at some point, but NO. So, what exactly is Betty Boop saying in the opening titles: "I'm feeling very mad-touch, I want to try my hat-touch" HUH? Please put me out of my ignorant misery!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me: [email protected]
Blogs: Jazzbeaux Blogs

I am not an employee of Cruise Critic and I don't speak for Cruise Critic. All opinions are mine alone. Also, I'm only a Host on the various River forums -- everywhere else I'm "just plain Jazz."

Booked:
Azamara Quest Costa Rica 1-2018
AMA Discover Africa 5-2018
Viking Sun British Isles Explorer 8-2018
Celebrity Edge Caribbean B2B / Celebrity Equinox Caribbean B2B 1-2019 [will choose one!]

Completed:
Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017
Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016; Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016; Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016; AmaDagio Provence 9-2015; Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos 5-2015; Celebrity Eclipse Southern Carib 3-2015; Fresco Tours A Kinder Camino walking tour 9-2014; Crystal Serenity Mediterranean 5-2014; Coral Princess Panama Canal 1-2014; AmaCello Rhine 8-2013; Coral Princess Alaska 6-2013; Ireland Fly-Drive 9-2012; Norwegian Dawn Caribbean 3-2013 / Celebrity Summit Caribbean 1-2012 / Oceania Insignia Mediterranean 5-2011 / Fair Dinkum (Erie Canal bareboat) 7-2003 / Costa Italia Caribbean 5-1974
1,031 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by Host Jazzbeau
Thanks for all the great episodes. BUT -- ok it's episode 10 and I kept thinking my hearing would kick in at some point, but NO. So, what exactly is Betty Boop saying in the opening titles: "I'm feeling very mad-touch, I want to try my hat-touch" HUH? Please put me out of my ignorant misery!!!
ROFLMFGAO!!!

"Well, I'm feeling awfully bad. What a time I've had. Cause I didn't button up my over-coat."

LOLOL!

Scott
New York
8,321 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Thanks, Scott. I knew it had to be a carefully and artfully selected lyric to fit the theme, but for the life of me I just couldn't get it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me: [email protected]
Blogs: Jazzbeaux Blogs

I am not an employee of Cruise Critic and I don't speak for Cruise Critic. All opinions are mine alone. Also, I'm only a Host on the various River forums -- everywhere else I'm "just plain Jazz."

Booked:
Azamara Quest Costa Rica 1-2018
AMA Discover Africa 5-2018
Viking Sun British Isles Explorer 8-2018
Celebrity Edge Caribbean B2B / Celebrity Equinox Caribbean B2B 1-2019 [will choose one!]

Completed:
Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017
Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016; Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016; Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016; AmaDagio Provence 9-2015; Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos 5-2015; Celebrity Eclipse Southern Carib 3-2015; Fresco Tours A Kinder Camino walking tour 9-2014; Crystal Serenity Mediterranean 5-2014; Coral Princess Panama Canal 1-2014; AmaCello Rhine 8-2013; Coral Princess Alaska 6-2013; Ireland Fly-Drive 9-2012; Norwegian Dawn Caribbean 3-2013 / Celebrity Summit Caribbean 1-2012 / Oceania Insignia Mediterranean 5-2011 / Fair Dinkum (Erie Canal bareboat) 7-2003 / Costa Italia Caribbean 5-1974
Florida
4,105 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by Host Jazzbeau
Thanks, Scott. I knew it had to be a carefully and artfully selected lyric to fit the theme, but for the life of me I just couldn't get it.
I'm glad you asked. I felt the same way.

Of course, I didn't even realize it was Betty Boop's voice.

The youtube of the cartoon (from 1933!!!) helped a lot, Scott.
88,708 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Just made time to watch the video. Loved it all (except felt bad for the coughing) including the music and selection of songs, the scenery and even the cows.

Keith
The Right Coast
6,450 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
I always love to listen to Johnny Mathis. The parade of Moo Cows reminded me of how we sit and wait for freight trains to pass us while we travel on Amtrak south.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Can't wait to cruise again
Next up:

The Serenity-2017
The Symphony 2018

Sailed*****The Serenity--NOLA to Miami***5/2016---Anthem of the Seas---Bermuda***1/2016 The Serenity-- Miami - San Francisco Sailed****9/2015 -- The Symphony NYC-Montreal*** 4/2015--The Quantum South Caribbean ***10/14--The Grandeur Key West***4/14--The Eclipse The Southern Caribbean*** 11/13 The Symphony First Cities of the US*****1/13* The Silhouette-Eastern Caribbean**1/13 Crystal Serenity-The Caribbean**10/28 JOS Hurricane Sandy delayed repo**3/29/12-The Silhouette-10/25/11**Crystal Symphony-Bermuda and Caribbean-4/7/11**Emerald Princess the So. Caribbean**10/30/10- Jewel of the Seas Re positioning**6/14/10- Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean**10/27/09- the Halloween Cruise Jewel of the Seas**4/26/2009- Explorer 13 days So. Caribbean **11/30/08- Explorer of the Seas So. Caribbean**4/16/2008- Diamond Princess- LA- Hawaii rt**12/2/07 Explorer - So. Caribbean**8/31/07-Explorer of the Seas- NE & Canada**2/2007 Brilliance- Panama Canal**10/2006 Explorer- Eastern Caribbean -5/2006 Enchantment -Western Caribbean**10/2005 Voyager- Bermuda**5/2005- Mariner - Eastern Caribbean - 1988- Big Red Boat
New York
1,772 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
As per usual, I'm late to the party AGAIN! However I've binge watched all of the previous episodes and am now craving another Crystal cruise!
So very much enjoying all episodes as usual! I just spent 10 mins trying to find episode 11! Could be it isn't there yet, stupido! Will keep eyes peeled for the latest. Thank you so very much for taking the time (lots of it, I'm sure!) to send this out for all of us to enjoy!
Hugs to you both!
Linda
Cherry hill new jersey
1,698 Posts
Joined May 2000
Another great episode.

I've gone back and reviewed some of the 2014 videos ... your work has improved considerably !!!
Shrewsbury, UK
518 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Great movies - I just caught up on them all. Been missing from Crystal for the last three years but we'll be back on the Symphony next year. Lovely to see Bermuda again oh how I miss it sad to say life in the UK just sucks. Sorry you guys were sick - I've had more than my fair share of upper respiratory problems on ships mostly due to folks sneezing or coughing on me at embarkation! You wait all that time for a vacation and then you get sick - only solution is to try and fend it off with alcohol LOL

Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
4,105 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by mw8811
Great movies - I just caught up on them all. Been missing from Crystal for the last three years but we'll be back on the Symphony next year. Lovely to see Bermuda again oh how I miss it sad to say life in the UK just sucks. Sorry you guys were sick - I've had more than my fair share of upper respiratory problems on ships mostly due to folks sneezing or coughing on me at embarkation! You wait all that time for a vacation and then you get sick - only solution is to try and fend it off with alcohol LOL

Mary
Mary, welcome back to the Crystal boards. Very glad you'll be back on Symphony next year -- after the dry dock! Wear a mask when you're waiting to embark, and wash your hands constantly? Heck, start drinking those shark bites even before you board. It sounds like something we can make at home, and extra orange juice seems to help me resist cold symptoms. I hope it will do the same for you.
1,031 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Thank you all, once again.

mw8811 - Oh Mary, I'm so sorry it sucks there. Maybe one day you can go back to Bermuda. If not, you've got wonderful memories. And yes.. booze cures a number of ills!
riandei - Thank you... now what's in your right hand?
Mudhen - XOOXXOX Linda!!! Is Stitch still watching?
CruisinMommas - Thank you Carol.
Keith1010 - Thanks Keith. Moo!
Azulann - The balcony is heaven on earth (or sea) !
Maya1234 - You'll be closing it again tomorrow, dear one! The Azores were nippy but not really cold.
ChasonDeLaMer - Thank you. And we want to return too!
Texas Tillie - Thank you Patty! And it was beautiful even with the mist.

You are so kind to watch and COMMENT!!!
Thank you again.

Scott
60 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Scott, I am soooo excited about tomorrow's episode. Already planning my " conference call" ( aka what I tell my secretary as to why I'm shutting my door amd don't want to be disturbed when I'm going to watch another fabulous Cwazeandcwaze episode!)
I can't imagine how much time goes into each installmemt. Thanks for your excellent work!

Xoxo
Maya