Itinerary Change

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:17 AM.
116 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
When should one expect to learn about a change. V7331 in Nov 2017 was scheduled at only 3 ports including St. Maarten--all of which were affected by Irma. Surely the itinerary will be changed, but when?
Oregon
1,181 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Also where? I am not interested in a wester caribbean itinerary at all. We are booked on the same cruise. Waiting for word from Crystal. After reading what they did to Esprit West Indies passengers I am not feeling optimistic. Ugh. Mass market dull crowded ports here we come? I hope not. I wonder if our trip insurance will cover us for a massive itinerary change?
Newport Beach, CA
3,516 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
We were booked on a different line and all the ports were affected. We were in the 10% penalty range and didn't want to see it get any worse. We cancelled as we do not like Western Caribbean at all. Just my two cents.
88,411 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by harpy3
When should one expect to learn about a change. V7331 in Nov 2017 was scheduled at only 3 ports including St. Maarten--all of which were affected by Irma. Surely the itinerary will be changed, but when?
I am sure like most cruise lines Crystal is getting assessments for the authorities at the islands and their tour operators and looking at alternative ports. The good news is you have time on your side. I am reminded that one could be on a cruise next week that is impacted by a hurricane and at the last minute ports need to be changed.

Hopefully you will hear more in a few weeks.

Keith
Asheville
16,217 Posts
Joined May 2007
It is barely a week when FLorida and the islands went rhrunhell and back, the worse hurricane To hit FL in 25 years and you are worried about port changes now. Could you wait a few weeks and hope we go so we can help out. By spending money. I have four cruises in the islands so ready to give up yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Robin
244 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Or you can treat the cruise as a Cruise to Nowhere and just enjoy being on Crystal. That was my intention with this cruise- even before Irma swept through. The only port I had intended on visiting was Key West because my SIL, nephew and his family live there. Heard they were safe but we are still are trying to contact my SIL as we have yet to speak with her and find out how she is.

When I sail Crystal on a cruise that departs from FL I rarely get off the ship and just take delight in being aboard.
Philadelphia
5,115 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
We too sail Crystal for the ship and not for the ports.
Wherever they change our announced ports too, so be it.
We will relax and enjoy the food, speakers and some interesting conversations.
116 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by ellbon
It is barely a week when FLorida and the islands went rhrunhell and back, the worse hurricane To hit FL in 25 years and you are worried about port changes now. Could you wait a few weeks and hope we go so we can help out. By spending money. I have four cruises in the islands so ready to give up yet.

I was just curious. I have family and friends in various locations in Florida so I actually do care about the people and do know just how bad it was as I have been in contact often with them all over the last couple of weeks.
Ontario
562 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
You may wish to hold on to your curiousity a little longer. It has just been announced this afternoon that Maria has been upgraded to a Hurricane and several islands are again preparing their shelters.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING:
October 2016 QM2 Eastbound
October 2016 Celebrity Eclipse TA Broadway,Boston and Beaches
December 2016/January 2017 Crystal Serenity Island Holidays/Yucatan 21 days
October 2018 Scenic Eclipse Yacht Cuba in Depth

ALREADY SAILED:

July 1956 - SAXONIA CUNARD - Liverpool to Quebec/Montreal
February 1988 HAL MS NOORDAM - E. Caribbean
January 2010 - Crown Princess - W. Caribbean
September 2010 - Emerald Princess - W. Caribbean
April 2011 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal
October 2011 - Emerald Princess - S. Caribbean
December 2011 - Crown Princess - W. Caribbean
June 2012 - RCI Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean
September 2012 - RCI Monarch of the Seas - Family Labour Day Weekend to Bahamas
January 2013 Grand Princess FLL-BA Brazilian Adventure
June 2013 RCI Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas
July 2013 Island Princess Vancouver-Whittier-Vancouver
November 2013 Oceania Marina x 2 ASK ME
September 2014 Caribbean Princess - W. Caribbean
September 2014 RCI Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas
November 2014 Caribbean Princess - W. Caribbean
November 2014 Caribbean Princess - Bahamas
November 2014 QM2 Eastern Crossing
December 2014 QM 2 Western Crossing
May 2015 Crystal Miami-Lisbon
May 2015 Crystal Lisbon-Rome
August 2015 QM2 Eastern Crossing
September 2015 Royal Princess Southampton to FLL
October/November 2015 Emerald Princess B2B2B Caribbean
Oakland, California
594 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Originally posted by ijkh
Also where? I am not interested in a wester caribbean itinerary at all. We are booked on the same cruise. Waiting for word from Crystal. After reading what they did to Esprit West Indies passengers I am not feeling optimistic. Ugh. Mass market dull crowded ports here we come? I hope not. I wonder if our trip insurance will cover us for a massive itinerary change?
What happened to the Esprit West Indies passengers? I think I missed that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Julie
Sydney, Australia
4,763 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by juicyjuju
What happened to the Esprit West Indies passengers? I think I missed that.
Some discussion on this @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2544468
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You can contact me: bodogbodog @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

04/14/2017 Crystal Symphony - Tokyo to San Diego - 17 days
12/21/2016 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 15 days
01/24/2016 Crystal Serenity - San Francisco to Sydney - 22 days

11/13/2014 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Sydney - 11 days
10/28/2014 Crystal Symphony - San Diego to Auckland - 15 days
02/16/2014 Crystal Symphony - Sydney to Bali - 12 days
01/05/2013 Crystal Symphony - Melbourne to Hobart - 6 days
South Florida
554 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Originally posted by harpy3
Hi Harpy3,

I agree with the other members - that the islands hit by Hurricane Irma, the damage assessment continues. While it's entirely possible there may be changes to the itinerary, I believe it's a bit too soon to know for certain. In addition, we're in the peak of Hurricane season, and (sadly), the tropics continue to be quite active.

At any rate, I will reach out to our deployment team, and see if they can share any insights on V7331. Thank You.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sincerely,
Andy Geller
Crystal Social Media Ambassador
[email protected]

88,411 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Keep in mind that there is another hurricane, Hurricane Maria, which may impact some of the same islands that were hit by Hurricane Irma. Like all hurricanes things can change by the minute so this could further impact schedules. For this voyage time is on your side and I recommend being patient when it comes to the schedule.

Thoughts go out to all of those who have lost so much from this hurricane and also from Harvey and many are dealing with issues this very minute including many in our own country who still do not have power restored at their homes.

Keith
Atlanta (area), GA
1,154 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Friends of ours have an estate on St. Maarten, I am headed to the island next month for a week o help them with recovery efforts. It is taking a little longer for them to schedule shipping containers with supplies to be sent. Pictures of the island (and to some extent their property) are eye opening.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hope all is well-

Dennis & Summer

Crystal Serenity - Western Caribbean - November 2017 (7)

Navigator of the Seas - Transatlantic - April 2017 (14)
Star Princess - 15 Nt. Hawaii - November 2016 (15)
Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic - May 2016 (13)
Freedom of the Seas - Valentines Day Cruise - February 2016 (7)
Celebrity Equinox - Southern Caribbean - November 2015 (10)
Celebrity Eclipse - Southern Caribbean - November 2014 (14)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 2013 (13)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - April 2013 (12)

Allure of the Seas - Valentines Day Cruise - February 2013 (3)
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean - November 2012 (7)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 2012 (14)
Celebrity Solstice- Eastern Caribbean - April 2012 (7)
Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean - January 2012 (4)
Monarch of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2011 (3)
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - March 2011 (7)
Radiance of the Seas - Western Caribbean - December 2010 (4)
Crown Princess - Western Caribbean - April 2010 (7)
Grand Princess - 4 Continents / Trans Atlantic - November 2009 (21)
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February 2009 (10)
Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean - February 2008 (10)
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean - September 2007 (7)
Coral Princess - Panama Canal (Partial) - April 2007 (10)
Diamond Princess - Alaska - August 2006 (10)
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - January 2006 (3)
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - October 2005 (7)
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - October 2004 (7)
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - January 2004 (3)
Asheville
16,217 Posts
Joined May 2007
I am beyond tired about people who are worried about a cruise in Nov and Dec. I am one of those people, I do not care today. I care about friends who still have no power. Igbt hsve power and no internet.

The islands are a mess so plan on changes. I ,Ike to go and help even if it means buying meal that more money. I think San Jaun and Antique will be ok. Y Cec. Can say. Ugh on other ports.

Being able ex FL woman it takes month. Why you are waiting call your hotel,and see when it will open. But right now could be the bigger problem.

The ship will sail,somewhere ..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Robin
Florida
4,101 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by ellbon
I am beyond tired about people who are worried about a cruise in Nov and Dec. I am one of those people, I do not care today. I care about friends who still have no power. Igbt hsve power and no internet.

The islands are a mess so plan on changes. I ,Ike to go and help even if it means buying meal that more money. I think San Jaun and Antique will be ok. Y Cec. Can say. Ugh on other ports.

Being able ex FL woman it takes month. Why you are waiting call your hotel,and see when it will open. But right now could be the bigger problem.

The ship will sail,somewhere ..
I agree with you, Robin, even though you evidently are a touch typist and one hand went a bit astray. I still think I caught your drift. We actually might understand you a tad better if you'd proofread your own posts either before sending, or while there's time to edit.

Hurricane Maria is headed for Puerto Rico, so all bets are off on that one. Up until we got that news, it was one of the islands (in the area) that was least affected.

Some hotels are posting their projected open dates on their web sites -- or anyway, their "closed until ... or later" dates.
Florida
4,101 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by CINGULARONE
Friends of ours have an estate on St. Maarten, I am headed to the island next month for a week o help them with recovery efforts. It is taking a little longer for them to schedule shipping containers with supplies to be sent. Pictures of the island (and to some extent their property) are eye opening.
That sounds like it won't be your average trip to St. Maarten! May I ask if a small airport will be open? or perhaps you will go by boat.
S Fla
1,334 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by ijkh

No they will not cover that
Atlanta (area), GA
1,154 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by May B
That sounds like it won't be your average trip to St. Maarten! May I ask if a small airport will be open? or perhaps you will go by boat.
You are correct, I don't think there will be a lot of lazy days during this trip.

Commercial flights are tentatively scheduled to begin in the near future, I have seen later this week and the following week. Delta has non-stop flights from Atlanta to SXM, I am sure that the ticket will be easily exchanged if there are issues with the airport.

The seaport is accepting goods marked as 'Hurricane Recovery Efforts' already.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Hope all is well-

Dennis & Summer

Crystal Serenity - Western Caribbean - November 2017 (7)

Navigator of the Seas - Transatlantic - April 2017 (14)
Star Princess - 15 Nt. Hawaii - November 2016 (15)
Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic - May 2016 (13)
Freedom of the Seas - Valentines Day Cruise - February 2016 (7)
Celebrity Equinox - Southern Caribbean - November 2015 (10)
Celebrity Eclipse - Southern Caribbean - November 2014 (14)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 2013 (13)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - April 2013 (12)

Allure of the Seas - Valentines Day Cruise - February 2013 (3)
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean - November 2012 (7)
Liberty of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 2012 (14)
Celebrity Solstice- Eastern Caribbean - April 2012 (7)
Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean - January 2012 (4)
Monarch of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2011 (3)
Carnival Dream - Western Caribbean - March 2011 (7)
Radiance of the Seas - Western Caribbean - December 2010 (4)
Crown Princess - Western Caribbean - April 2010 (7)
Grand Princess - 4 Continents / Trans Atlantic - November 2009 (21)
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February 2009 (10)
Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean - February 2008 (10)
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean - September 2007 (7)
Coral Princess - Panama Canal (Partial) - April 2007 (10)
Diamond Princess - Alaska - August 2006 (10)
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - January 2006 (3)
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - October 2005 (7)
Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - October 2004 (7)
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - January 2004 (3)