Has the Crystal AirCruises ever materialized?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:57 AM.
At 35,000 feet
9,320 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Thanks for my afternoon chuckle.

Crystal Air Cruises as originally presented never "got off the ground". The 787 was never bought and the 777 is now officially for "charters". All of the original planned itineraries are gone. Now, you can find brochures with proposed itineraries that you can use for your own charter. No dates, no prices.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Government Certified Expert"

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan
883 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Anyone here actually take one of the air “cruises”? I am seriously considering a very interesting Four Seasons world journey next Fall. Would love to here any feedback regarding either company’s jet tours
Sydney, Australia
4,767 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by seabreezer
Anyone here actually take one of the air “cruises”? I am seriously considering a very interesting Four Seasons world journey next Fall. Would love to here any feedback regarding either company’s jet tours
If you’re asking about Crystal Air the answer is a most definite NO - why can I say that? There was never any scheduled air cruises delivered – it now operates as a charter service
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You can contact me: bodogbodog @ gmail . com (take out the spaces)

04/14/2017 Crystal Symphony - Tokyo to San Diego - 17 days
12/21/2016 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Melbourne - 15 days
01/24/2016 Crystal Serenity - San Francisco to Sydney - 22 days

11/13/2014 Crystal Symphony - Auckland to Sydney - 11 days
10/28/2014 Crystal Symphony - San Diego to Auckland - 15 days
02/16/2014 Crystal Symphony - Sydney to Bali - 12 days
01/05/2013 Crystal Symphony - Melbourne to Hobart - 6 days
1,974 Posts
Joined May 2000
I have had a glowing report from a couple who did a Four Seasons private jet tour. They thought the service was superb and the pacing was just right (including one or more rest stops at a 5 star resort). They especially appreciated the use of Four Seasons hotels at every (or nearly every) stop: the management of the hotels consistently saw this group of guests as VVIPs.
Florida
4,102 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I have a friend who took one with, I believe, National Geographic.

He said it was fabulous (first prefacing it by saying, of course this isn't for everybody).
883 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by sppunk
Funniest thing about this is they're putting guests up in Marriotts. LOL.
Which tour was that? The one I am looking at is almost all 4S properties and a couple of lodges in more remote areas. No mention of Marriott.
883 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Observer
I have had a glowing report from a couple who did a Four Seasons private jet tour. They thought the service was superb and the pacing was just right (including one or more rest stops at a 5 star resort). They especially appreciated the use of Four Seasons hotels at every (or nearly every) stop: the management of the hotels consistently saw this group of guests as VVIPs.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. That’s good feedback to hear.
1,483 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Which tour was that? The one I am looking at is almost all 4S properties and a couple of lodges in more remote areas. No mention of Marriott.
He/she is referring to the charter from Macao/HKG next month which goes to Tahiti. They are using Marriotts in Tahiti.