Episode 11 - Bye Sao Miguel, Hello Ocean!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:45 AM.
9,790 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Scott,

Thanks for another great episode.

I loved hearing Louie and "life with gooch"!!!!

Look forward to meeting you and Drew in a few weeks.

Nancy
South FL
805 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Omg. I can so sympathize. Just returned from a Baltic cruise and I got sick the first night of the cruise likely from a fellow passenger on our flight to Europe several days before after nine hours of hacking right behind us. I spent most of my OBC at the medical center getting lozenges, DayQuil and cough medicine. Eventually my husband got the same virus.

The steam remedy was my "go to" solution as well. I was in tears watching you in the video although it wasn't so funny to me, then. I would just go into the hot shower, sometimes 2-3 times per night and several times throughout the day. Helped for at least a few minutes and I've never been cleaner.

Wish I'd known about those Shark Bites. Going to start drinking them daily (preventatively) 10 days before any future travel/cruise. ❤️

Really enjoying your videos. Ty
Oregon
1,186 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Aww you poor dearies. You were sick sick sick. Still no sign of a hot toddy. They are simply the Crystal cold remedy of highest recommend. You guys look like you can make anything fun, even being sicker than sick.

Flu shots anyone?

Ilene
60 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Oh my favorite episode so far! But some questions:
1) What was the issue that Gooch was talking about re: the excursions?
2) Did he say something about having not been in the Dining Room and there being some story there?
3) I think you've said before but how long have you been together and when did you get married?

By the way, the crawl at the end was so sweet and romantic
88,637 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Scott:

Another terrific video and the ending with Gooch. Ouch!!

I was thinking of you two yesterday as we were flying back home. A woman had on one of those medical face masks but this one was made of fabric rather then flimsy paper. Have always thought we should do that when flying. Not sure if it prevents getting sick but I guess certainly attracts looks from others.

Keith
The Right Coast
6,449 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
I hope the two of you are ready for your famous question over and over. The beauty of the countryside was astonishing.The hamster's thingy was a hoot. The food looked delicious. I hope the two of you have many more wonderful years together.
Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Can't wait to cruise again
Next up:

The Serenity-2017
The Symphony 2018

Sailed*****The Serenity--NOLA to Miami***5/2016---Anthem of the Seas---Bermuda***1/2016 The Serenity-- Miami - San Francisco Sailed****9/2015 -- The Symphony NYC-Montreal*** 4/2015--The Quantum South Caribbean ***10/14--The Grandeur Key West***4/14--The Eclipse The Southern Caribbean*** 11/13 The Symphony First Cities of the US*****1/13* The Silhouette-Eastern Caribbean**1/13 Crystal Serenity-The Caribbean**10/28 JOS Hurricane Sandy delayed repo**3/29/12-The Silhouette-10/25/11**Crystal Symphony-Bermuda and Caribbean-4/7/11**Emerald Princess the So. Caribbean**10/30/10- Jewel of the Seas Re positioning**6/14/10- Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean**10/27/09- the Halloween Cruise Jewel of the Seas**4/26/2009- Explorer 13 days So. Caribbean **11/30/08- Explorer of the Seas So. Caribbean**4/16/2008- Diamond Princess- LA- Hawaii rt**12/2/07 Explorer - So. Caribbean**8/31/07-Explorer of the Seas- NE & Canada**2/2007 Brilliance- Panama Canal**10/2006 Explorer- Eastern Caribbean -5/2006 Enchantment -Western Caribbean**10/2005 Voyager- Bermuda**5/2005- Mariner - Eastern Caribbean - 1988- Big Red Boat
Southern New Jersey
961 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
) What was the issue that Gooch was talking about re: the excursions?
I think he was going to try to exchange the one they had booked in France, which was all day, to something more palatable.

Hamster bathtub-Ha!

I must say, Sao Miguel is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind pitching a tent by the lake and staying a few days. What a beautiful color green the vegetation has.

Nancy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travel Blog: http://v2.travelark.org/traveller/njbeaglemom
New York
1,769 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
See,?....We've caught up and are now there with you two!
I have a cold right now too! I must've caught it from hugging you (across cyber space!).
Looking forward as usual to the next episode!
Alberta Canada, via Scotland
17 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Poor things. How awful to have your long awaited trip spoilt by that crummy Carole "with an E" plague. Happy to see you are making the best of it. The good news is that Gooch managed to get some help from the doctor; looking forward to the next update with hopes that you are on the mend.
Cherry hill new jersey
1,698 Posts
Joined May 2000
Another entertaining episode....poor gooch........ive been sick on vacation in the past,...but never had as much fun as you 2.... im sailing next week....im trying the shark bite....healthy or ill
1,031 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Thank you, dear people.
Here's some particulars...
riandei - Have a FANTASTIC cruise, and YES... SHARK BITES!
AlbertaAnnie - We REFUSED to let it get us down!
Mudhen - Healthy hugs to you and Snitch.
NJBeaglemom - Nancy, Sao Miguel is STUNNING! You'd LOVE it.
CruisinMommas - Carol, dear one, he is my reason and my life.
Keith1010 - My friend, and I'm only slightly kidding here, I have been considering one of those masks along with latex gloves!
DaisyUK - That makes me happier than I can say.
Maya1234 - Thank you! 1.) We had booked one that was way too long so we were looking for a shorter one. 2.) Because of our coughing we were in and out of the dining room. 3.) Together for 34 years (1983) Married 9 years (as soon as it was legal the FIRST time in California 2008).
ijkh - LOL Ilene. We DO try to make things fun. It really is a challenge for poor Gooch as he is a born optimist and he married a man who not only believes the glass is half empty, but also believes somebody stole it. My pants are not always happy.
Islander500 - I think maybe showering WITH a shark bite may be the answer!
nancygp - Thank you, dear one. We can't wait either!!!
You people are THE BEST. Thank you for commenting.
Scott
60 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
34 years Scott, wow! You must have been teens when you met

Glad you got in under the PropH8 wire. Too long to have to wait as it was!

10th Anniversary cruise in 2018?
1,031 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by Maya1234
34 years Scott, wow! You must have been teens when you met

Glad you got in under the PropH8 wire. Too long to have to wait as it was!

10th Anniversary cruise in 2018?
I was 27 he was 20.
Thank you for those very kind words of support.
I can hope for a 2018, but finances say no.
XOXOXO to you, dear one.
Scott
South FL
805 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by CwazeAndCwaze
Thank you, dear people.

Islander500 - I think maybe showering WITH a shark bite may be the answer

You people are THE BEST. Thank you for commenting.
Scott
Just brilliant!