First Symphony Sailing Post Dry Dock

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:31 AM.
#1
San Francisco
26 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
We just received our tickets for the first sailing on the Symphony out of Lisbon post dry dock. I was surprised that our tickets and enclosed information in the package made no mention of any of the many changes coming to the ship and how that might affect our trip. Kind of surprising given our expectation that we’re going to be boarding a newly refurbished ship with open dining and several new restaurants. The tickets list our “late dining” reservations in the main dining room as if nothing has changed. My assumption has been there won’t be any set dining on this voyage.


We have no real concerns about our trip and are looking forward to our eighth cruise with Crystal! We expect some hiccups along the way this trip, and can’t wait to see the “new” Symphony, just a little surprised they’ed make no mention of the changes in the works. What if I didn’t read these boards all the time?


Tim
#2
Texas
4,038 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I look at that as being related to the website/reservation system issues. Until all of that is worked out (whenever that may be ), all the related media will be "out of wack"!

Patty

P.S. Got some Crystal snail mail yesterday from Edie!
#3
2,961 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Other than "preview" marketing materials, I can't remember the last time Crystal had updated printed documentation reflecting a refit by the time the ship reentered service.

Heck, Symphony has a set of onboard signage that have a generic "Asian Restaurant" named because Silk Road had not been finalized as the successor of Jade Garden when the reprints went into production. In hindsight, on the eve of the venue's third name, that generic label may have paid for itself by now.

Vince
#4
Reading PA
129 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by BWIVince
Other than "preview" marketing materials, I can't remember the last time Crystal had updated printed documentation reflecting a refit by the time the ship reentered service.



Heck, Symphony has a set of onboard signage that have a generic "Asian Restaurant" named because Silk Road had not been finalized as the successor of Jade Garden when the reprints went into production. In hindsight, on the eve of the venue's third name, that generic label may have paid for itself by now.



Vince


Well heck, has the directional signage on the Promenade Deck EVER been changed?


Sent from my iPad using Forums
#5
2,961 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by cookingkh
Well heck, has the directional signage on the Promenade Deck EVER been changed?
LOL I think I moved the arrow once... To point up. Shh, don't tell anyone!

Vince
#6
IL
157 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Originally posted by sfcruzcouple
We just received our tickets for the first sailing on the Symphony out of Lisbon post dry dock. I was surprised that our tickets and enclosed information in the package made no mention of any of the many changes coming to the ship and how that might affect our trip. Kind of surprising given our expectation that we’re going to be boarding a newly refurbished ship with open dining and several new restaurants. The tickets list our “late dining” reservations in the main dining room as if nothing has changed. My assumption has been there won’t be any set dining on this voyage.


We have no real concerns about our trip and are looking forward to our eighth cruise with Crystal! We expect some hiccups along the way this trip, and can’t wait to see the “new” Symphony, just a little surprised they’ed make no mention of the changes in the works. What if I didn’t read these boards all the time?


Tim
Tim, you should disregard the info provided in the Crystal booklet especially with the dining reservation time since all early and late dining times are no longer valid. It's now first come first served with no reservation required in the main dining room whereas specialty restaurants still require reservation to secure a table. Crystal should've updated that info before sending it out since the out dated info has created a lot of unnecessary confusion. Bet there'll be lots of confusion on embarkation day since many passengers likely don't check the internet or this board to get the latest info.
#7
4,545 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by BWIVince
LOL I think I moved the arrow once... To point up. Shh, don't tell anyone!

Vince
I tried moving it once on Serenity and it wouldn't budge. I think it has been "welded" in place by years of painting!