Where can I find port details?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:57 AM.
IL
157 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
I looked thru the Crystal website as well as the itinerary outlined in our V7222 from Lisbon to Rome in mid October. I cannot find any details on the exact name of ports or pier that our Crystal Symphony docks. We are meeting some friends in Barcelona and Monaco and our friends plan to pick us up but they need the exact dock name and location. Can any of you help? Very surprised this information is not available in Crystal's website. Thanks.
London, UK
1,673 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
As it is subject to last minute changes at the discretion of the local port authority, these details are never on the web-site. Get your TA to ask Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
88,567 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
The group at Crystal Cruises to verify this is on board guest services.

You or your TA can write them at: [email protected]

List one or both of your names as they appear on your booking, voyage number and the ports you need the address (eg. the ones you have listed).

It is wise you are asking. There are two ports in Barcelona located about one mile from each other.

In Monte Carlo, if you check PCPC it should show whether you are docking or not. If you are tendering ask where the tender drop off will be located.

I have never seen port specific information on any cruise line web site. Too much information that would have to not only be populated but revised. As mentioned it can change and for some places it is not assigned until much closer to the sailing. Whatever information you are given, once on board the ship I would stop by the reception desk to reconfirm it just in case there are any changes and if there are e-mail your friends with the changes.

Keith
At 35,000 feet
9,325 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
When docking in a city that has multiple port facilities, I will go to the actual port website. I frequently find the schedules for shipping, both passenger and freight. Of course, this always comes with the disclaimer that it is a tentative schedule, but it's rarely been changed in my experiences.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Government Certified Expert"

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan
88,567 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by FlyerTalker
When docking in a city that has multiple port facilities, I will go to the actual port website. I frequently find the schedules for shipping, both passenger and freight. Of course, this always comes with the disclaimer that it is a tentative schedule, but it's rarely been changed in my experiences.
Excellent advice.

I do the same.

In fact, before responding to the OP I tried to do that for those two ports but I couldn't find where they listed them. Some do and some don't. I could find the official sites but I couldn't find specifics on port/berth or docking/tendering (Monte Carlo). This is why I recommended that the OP check with on board guest services.

Keith
IL
157 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Originally posted by Keith1010
The group at Crystal Cruises to verify this is on board guest services.

You or your TA can write them at: [email protected]

List one or both of your names as they appear on your booking, voyage number and the ports you need the address (eg. the ones you have listed).

It is wise you are asking. There are two ports in Barcelona located about one mile from each other.

In Monte Carlo, if you check PCPC it should show whether you are docking or not. If you are tendering ask where the tender drop off will be located.

I have never seen port specific information on any cruise line web site. Too much information that would have to not only be populated but revised. As mentioned it can change and for some places it is not assigned until much closer to the sailing. Whatever information you are given, once on board the ship I would stop by the reception desk to reconfirm it just in case there are any changes and if there are e-mail your friends with the changes.

Keith
Our voyage overnights in Monte Carlo and no mention at least from Crystal about the possibility of using tenders to get ashore. I'll contact our TA per your recommendation to let her dig into the port details in Barcelona and Monte Carlo. We are assuming Monte Carlo being such a small place only has one cruise terminal to accept cruise ships (if full then tenders are required). Thanks for your information.
88,567 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
YWW, you are very welcome.

During most of our visits to Monte Carlo we have been docked but on two occasions we were not docked. One was an exception due to the Grand Prix when many ships were in port. The other time we were docked the first day and then tendered the second day and that was because another ship that needed to disembark guests and then embark guests needed the docking facilities. If you can view PCPC the Calendar should show whether or not you are docked.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Keith