Vista Havana Cabana Balcony v. Suite

cruiseonthebrain

Neither has a balcony but a patio, but the suite has a larger patio and a hammock. Apart from a bigger room and likely a lot more money and early boarding, the suite would be nicer if $ was no option.

Wish ccl had more perks for suite inhabitants.

This may be a premature question, but I am booking on the Vista and can't seem to decide whether it is worth the extra money to get the suite vice the "balcony". We can't do an inside room for medical reasons so that is not an option. Have anyone else faced this decision?

Well decide fast because there are only 4 Havana Suites. We booked the last one on the cruise we are taking 3/25/17. :)

Neither has a balcony but a patio, but the suite has a larger patio and a hammock. Apart from a bigger room and likely a lot more money and early boarding, the suite would be nicer if $ was no option.

Cost is high. All we added so fas is travel insurance and it is well over 5K. Food and beverage not yet purchased.

Cost is high. All we added so fas is travel insurance and it is well over 5K. Food and beverage not yet purchased.

We booked one sailing with a balcony and another with a suite. We don't add travel insurance until later since we have plenty of time to cancel without penalty. I'm thinking we'll do both sailings and compare- but we'd better do the "balcony" first so we aren't disappointed with the second cruise:)

The photos on the website are difficult for me to decipher. There is a pation but are you sure there is not a balcony too. What photos did you see. Do you have a link?

There are no balconies only patios. (depending on your definition of balcony)

The patios adjoin the deck 5 promenade deck and do not go all the way to the railing on the ship.

See the deck 5 deck plans;

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Vista

Click on deck 5 and then read the little yellow star

Edited by legion3

legion3 is correct. All of these deck 5 rooms do not have true balconies. For me, a balcony on a ship needs to be more than just an outdoor space to yourself. It needs to go to the edge of the ship for that deck, which these don't. Anybody on the ship can be walking right in front of the patios of these deck 5 rooms, all the way up to the gate, and talk with you or high-five or hug you quite easily. It's no more private than sitting down up on lido deck around the main pool area. It's just that you have that patio space to yourselves guaranteed (as long as nobody climbs over the very low gate). On the bright side, the rooms do look really nice, and that aft pool area is supposedly only open to people in these rooms until 5pm. I just feel that the rooms are not actually balconies & shouldn't be priced as such. The suites should be cheaper than any suite that has a true balcony.

I am considering a Havana Cabana as well. Am I correct that those who book the Havana rooms have an pool and bar dedicated to just them?

Yes, until 5:00pm. There is a pool & 2 hot tubs at the aft of that deck 5, plus a bar inside. After 5:00pm, anybody can utilize the bar & pool area. But remember that the "balconies" are actually patios, with a short gate separating your area from a public walkway that is open to the public 24 hours a day. Considering this, I would probably go for a Havana inside room.

Edited by k2excursion

There is some question that the promenade walkway in front of the patios will be open to the public or will be restricted for some period of time, 5PM?

The pool and bar is open at 5 and is accessed from inside.

So basically no wrap around promenade deck until after 5pm? Meh! :(

If I were one of the other 2800 aboard I would flood this area every night and make the patio life suck...but that's me. ;)

Funny you should say that :D -- it's exactly what made me think twice before booking the Havana balcony room. I love the idea of sitting by that pool during the day -- but not the idea of having to hear how crowded it might get after 5!

They DO have the Havana interiors :D

Actually there's a suggestion that the deck area outside the Havana patios will be completely private to Havana guests all the time - the pool area is open to the public after 5pm but access will only be via the Havana Bar. Presumably they'll block off the Havana section of the deck on either end of the patios, perhaps only accessible with a key card or wristband.

Just booked a Havana Cabana (non-suite) and am kind of hoping people will walk past and socialize. I think these are awesome looking patios and am looking foward to experiencing one on 28 JAN 2017. (Whew....that's a long time to wait). Not at all concerned with people walking past. Hope they do and are a little jelly of my sweet accomodations right there on the promenade!!

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

In addition to the pool/bar being private until 5pm, there seems to be some good evidence suggesting that the lanai in near these cabins will also be private.

Apparently some people recall John Heald commenting on this privacy on his Facebook page. This is also interesting considering that the lanai in the reval video doesn't seem to have any access gates blocking it from the normal guest areas.

All in all, I'm super excited for my Havana Cabana accommodation on 12/17/16, but I guess only time will tell regarding people walking in front of your patio.

We booked the Havana suite for our Mediterranean cruise 9/3/16. We are really excited to test it out! It's for our 10th anniversary so we had actually budgeted more to spend on the cabin. We booked it on the evening the itineries were posted and we got the last one on our cruise.

We're booked in a Cabana room for the NYC-MIA positioning cruise. We are wondering all of these things too and are getting somewhat conflicting info. But more and more I'm hearing that the lanai will be restricted 24/7 for Havana guests. I like the idea of this to reduce the flow, but I'm also hoping it'll be a social area and look forward to meeting others in the area! Heck, we've already connected with both of our neighbours on the Roll Call!

I've also been told that lounge chairs will be brought out on to the lanai for the exclusive use of the guests in the Cabana room adjacent to them, so basically reserved chairs on your section of the lanai. Now that is something I'll enjoy :D

From what I can tell so far is that the patio's are the same size 100 sf

And only the suites have hammocks. The suites are 260 sf and the balcony cabins are 185 sf

I got concerned after booking a Havana Cabana Balcony, not a suite, because I read that only the suites have the hammocks. I asked my PVP about it and he has assured me that they all have the hammocks, not just the suites.

I got concerned after booking a Havana Cabana Balcony, not a suite, because I read that only the suites have the hammocks. I asked my PVP about it and he has assured me that they all have the hammocks, not just the suites.

Is your PVP sure? The description of the Havana cabins on the Carnival website also implies that only the suites have the hammocks:

Consider your Carnival Vista Havana stateroom or suite your own island resort with its own great location: just steps from the Havana Bar and Pool. Here in "fiesta central" you'll find exclusive private access throughout the day. Inside, all Havana staterooms feature a unique Cuba-inspired décor, but step up to a Havana Cabana to add an extra-large outdoor lounging space. Step into a Havana Cabana Suite for a luxurious rain shower inside, plus a lounge-ready hammock outside.

Is your PVP sure? The description of the Havana cabins on the Carnival website also implies that only the suites have the hammocks:

Consider your Carnival Vista Havana stateroom or suite your own island resort with its own great location: just steps from the Havana Bar and Pool. Here in "fiesta central" you'll find exclusive private access throughout the day. Inside, all Havana staterooms feature a unique Cuba-inspired décor, but step up to a Havana Cabana to add an extra-large outdoor lounging space. Step into a Havana Cabana Suite for a luxurious rain shower inside, plus a lounge-ready hammock outside.

I was very specific with my question, and he was very specific with his answer that I need not worry because they all have the hammock, he has never steered me wrong.

I was very specific with my question, and he was very specific with his answer that I need not worry because they all have the hammock, he has never steered me wrong.

To me, the photos look like it is a hammock chair. Not the long full hammock that you sleep in. And looks like all the patios have one.

My PVP said the same thing (all have hammocks) but I honestly don't believe it. I'm with everyone else in that it sounds like only the suites have them. Some inconsistencies here for sure...

I was watching the Vista video and it looks like only the suites have the Hammock. Even though I booked a suite on the TA, I think it is lame if only the suites have the hammocks. All of the cabanas should have one on their patio..