Cove balcony or Havana inside

Thecat3902

Ok so now that I am pretty sure I am going to book on the vista advice is needed. What is a cove balcony like? Do you all like them? Is it worth the up charge? We are trying to decide between that or the Havana inside. I like the idea of having a more private pool area since hubby and I are leaving the kids with family but a balcony would be nice too since we have never had one before. So I have narrowed it down to the cove balcony or Havana inside because of cost as well. What is everyone else's opinion?

Although I have not booked the Vista yet....but I will. I would defiantly go with a Cove Balcony. I had a cove on the Dream and we loved it. It's much more private than a tradition balcony MHO. If you never had a balcony you have to try it. Although the private pool area does sound tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a small minority of people that don't think the coves are totally awesome. It's great to be so close to the water, possibility of seeing fish/dolphins. Clear view straight down to the water, the only balconies on this ship that have that. And I actually like that the balcony is within the hull of the ship, plus I like that the lifeboats overhead provide some shade.

Even though I do think very highly of the coves, a havana inside looks to be a nice option as well. Having that bar & pool area open only for havana people is a nice benefit. Just keep in mind that it's all open to the public after 5pm, plus some of the open areas indoors are on the other side of the wall from the interiors (may not be an issue at all but we don't know). It would be a tough call for me as well. Since I have had a cove, I would do the havana inside for something different. But if I hadn't had a cove, it would come down to the cost difference.

Thanks you guys for the advice my husband wanted to go with the Havana so we did. Unless a more appealing offer comes along, which it may since we have two years we took the Havana. He liked the idea of a more exclusive area during the day since we are not taking our kids with us.

I would book a Cove over a Havana inside if money was not the issue...there is a £350 ($570) difference for a typical 8 day spring sailing for 2 people.

I need natural light anyway but my main worry with Havana insides is the noise from the Havana bar until the early hours. The decor and the pool benefits would not ease my worry.

Have you thought about walkway view cabins? Cheaper than an Havana inside and has a big window at the front of the ship as well as 'your own' little deck through a door near your cabin. We are thinking of booking these.

Edited by Velvetwater

Is a walkway inside or considered an ocean view I have never heard of these

I had not heard of them either until a review of the breeze a year or so back!

Never sailed on a ship with them but they seem popular and a good bargain. They are also metres away from 'secret decks' where hardly anyone goes and you have a pseudo balcony.

It is an inside on paper but its actual quality is an ocean view. We booked one on a high deck to be close to everything as it was the same price as a lower deck. You can even book one on the Lido!

Here is a picture that helped me book and some others (including that secret deck). They are from dream class so will be very very similar to the Vista.

IMG_9904_zpsbb12a7fe.jpg

IMG_9894_zps406d1994.jpg

IMG_9906_zpsce960b8a.jpg

It seems some corner ones are bigger so we booked one of those.

We were trying to decide between the Cove balcony and the Havana inside - I have the Cove on hold at the moment. Looking at the deck plan, I think we might go a bit crazy in the later hours with people coming and going from the bar....no thanks....

Sharon! Don't mind if I do :D! I am UBER excited about this cruise! We tried for the Havana balcony but I think they are now sold out -- at least that's what the TA said! She couldn't find any that would come up to book. So we took the inside. There aren't many of those left for this sailing either!

I also was deciding between a Cove and the Havana interior. The private Havana area is what was the deciding factor for me. Since this is a new concept for Carnival I really wanted to be part of it. I am booked on the repo cruise from NYC to Miami as well. Can't wait.

I also was deciding between a Cove and the Havana interior. The private Havana area is what was the deciding factor for me. Since this is a new concept for Carnival I really wanted to be part of it. I am booked on the repo cruise from NYC to Miami as well. Can't wait.

Our roll call is taking over the Havana area :). It's gonna be awesome!

I had not heard of them either until a review of the breeze a year or so back!

Never sailed on a ship with them but they seem popular and a good bargain. They are also metres away from 'secret decks' where hardly anyone goes and you have a pseudo balcony.

It is an inside on paper but its actual quality is an ocean view. We booked one on a high deck to be close to everything as it was the same price as a lower deck. You can even book one on the Lido!

Here is a picture that helped me book and some others (including that secret deck). They are from dream class so will be very very similar to the Vista.

IMG_9904_zpsbb12a7fe.jpg

IMG_9894_zps406d1994.jpg

IMG_9906_zpsce960b8a.jpg

It seems some corner ones are bigger so we booked one of those.

Be careful booking the corner rooms. They appear larger but are geared for handicapped passengers. I saw one of these on Carnival Conquest. One of our roll call members had one. The bathroom was very large which took away from the size of the living area. The bathroom was large in order the accommodate wheel chairs. They were very disappointed in the size of the living area of their room. The other rooms with walkway views actually had more living area space than the corner rooms. So make sure if you book a corner walkway view room that it is not designated for handicapped guests.