Carnival no longer serving Lobster on 5 day or shorter cruises!

CruizinMama1026

I'm not much of a seafood eater but I feel sad for the folks who look forward to the lobster. Last time we had lobster on a cruise in the MDR, it was cold and tough. It seems to me that Carnival is recording pretty good profits so why are the cutbacks necessary? We all know that you never get things back once they are taken away. However, the replacement menu looks pretty good and I would like to try the ravioli or scallops.

Well I'm only going to book 6 days or longer now so there good luck trying to fill the 5 or less day cruises suckeres! ;)

Taking this as I am sure you meant it...as a light-hearted quip....then this made me giggle.

Also, I guess I am one of those suckers as we take a couple of weekend length cruises each year to hold me in-between my longer cruises.

This is sad for those who look forward to the lobster on first formal night. I am one of those people who love having it. I usually book longer cruises, so I'm happy it will still be offered on my sailings. If it ever stops, I'll have to find something else I enjoy on the menu, or eat in the steakhouse or have a Guy's Burger for dinner on formal night. I love lobster, but I love cruising more. :)

Prime rib at my Publix (grocery) is more expensive than lobster.

Good Point!

I usually get both the Prime Rib and Lobster, so now, I guess, I will get several dishes of the new Seafood Delights and Prime Rib, until CCL gets tired of serving multiple seafood/beef entree's on FORMAL night.... now called Seafood Delight Buffet Night!!!:D:D

Maybe everyone dressed formally should only go to the Steakhouse, and the others show up in shorts in the MDR.....it is a cheap buffet type meal anyway??? I could make the entire menu for 20 for under $20.....:D:D

Once again, don't get me wrong, I will still sail CCL, just changing my habits while onboard.

One would think that since gas/crude is at a 15yr or so low, CCL would compensate, but instead they and all other cruise lines are enjoying massive profits in fuel saving.....and to think they use to charge us an up charge for fuel???:mad::mad:

Edited by jwjax

Sorry to those that will miss lobster. Won't affect me one way or the other.....it will make sitting at a large table with strangers more comfortable for me.....seems I always wind up at the table with the people that want to gorge themselves on lobster. In addition to cutting back on cruises 5 days or shorter they should start refraining from serving more than 2-3 tails per person. Bet they'll save a lot more money doing this.

We just had lobster tails on the 5 day Sunshine last week. Sorry you guys are missing it, I am not a lobster person my husband is, they were rather small we noticed on this cruise.

Edited by lfresa

[ I love lobster, but I love cruising more. :)

Very well put.

I also love lobster but won't miss it. Being from Maine we enjoy lobster during the summer...almost every week-end. It is at $5.99 a pound...can't get a good steak at that price. Cruise lobster is just not good to me. DH likes it though and will miss it.

I wonder it they will offer the new dishes on the longer cruises?

Probably not, I know, but we'll be on the Valor the 19th and I would love to try some of the new offerings!

I would love to try the new dishes also not a big fan of Lobster served on the ship both times I tried it it was rubbery and fishy

We are cruising in 30 days on a 7 day cruise

Seems like everytime I am set to cruise which is on September 28th a 5 day one more thing gets taken away.

Captain party no longer free.

Past guest party cause I need to be another level.

They changed how the system went from moving up.

No locks and bagels.

Really they keep taking away they will keep loosing loyal customers.

Even the last cruise I was on there was only one sail away party. So we are paying for ???

It's death by 1000 paper cuts. Individually, each change is not that big of a deal. When combined, things start to add up pretty quickly. We are cruising NCL next year to see how green the grass is over there (kids sail free and free Ultimate Beverage program). I know that the industry is evolving and change is the only constant, but sneaky changes like this are very frustrating to deal with. Now, I am on vacation and I refuse to not have a good time, but Carnival is really sliding away from being the vacation value that it once was.

Also, I am a big guy and can eat, but 3 lobsters is my limit. I do eat the shrimp that comes with it, which is probably more filling than the lobster. I know that it is not the best quality, but it eats pretty good just the same.

Seems like everytime I am set to cruise which is on September 28th a 5 day one more thing gets taken away. So we are paying for ???

Sustenance for the days you are cruising, a bed to sleep in away from the peering eyes of the masses, a private bathroom, transportation from point a to point b, towels, linens, the availability of a pool, relaxation spaces, some physical activities, some cerebral activities, waiters, stewards.

No where on the ticket contract is lobster mentioned, or free drinks at parties, or getting to meet the captain, or chocolates on a pillow, or twice a day turn down service, or a night where everyone is required to dress for dinner like they were on the Titanic (1st class mind you).

They have to remove lobster due to cost and replace it with this?

Appetizer: Broiled Sea Scallops with Truffled Risotto and Citrus Gremolata appetizer

Entrees: Blue Crab Ravioli in a Light Lobster Cream with Vodka

Oven Baked Japanese Sea Bass with Nicoise Sauce and Aromatic Basmati Rice

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Special Marinara Sauce and Mustard Potatoes

Roasted Duck with Orange Glaze and Au Gratin Potatoes

homer-drooling-face-i11_zpsmp8k5if3.jpg

No issues here.

But yeah are they going to offer the same items above on cruises longer then 5 night also? my cruise in April is a 7 nighter. I would love to try all of those items especially the scallops.

If I was given the choice of sea scallops or lobster i'd be all over the scallops.

They have to remove lobster due to cost and replace it with this?

But yeah are they going to offer the same items above on cruises longer then 5 night also? my cruise in April is a 7 nighter. I would love to try all of those items especially the scallops.

If I was given the choice of sea scallops or lobster i'd be all over the scallops.

No, you have to book on a 5 night or less sailing to avoid the lousy "lobster" and get delicious broiled sea scallops or duck a l'orange. These new options might actually drive business to the shorter cruises for Carnival. If that was their plan they may well be on to something here.

Edited by sanmarcosman