Coffee on Princess Ships

Having just done 5 weeks on Sapphire and Royal Princesses in Europe, might I inform you that IMO the quality of the coffee on tap in the Horizon Court Buffet has improved, albeit very slightly, just about drinkable, but often very strong, just add some hot water.;)

I don't mind the coffee strong, I just don't like it bitter.

OH dear Oh Dear,

The "German" supermarket sells a coffee machine for $79-00 and a frother Jug for $19,95 capsules are about $6-00 for a box of 18

It would not cost the line much to install a pod machine in the drink stations .. it would be about 1000% better than that "brewed" sludge thay call coffee

But writers are correct please come to Melbourne we have some of the worlds best coffee here

BTW we leave for Lisbon and Madeira on Sept 18th , no cruise ship only a large airbus .. but will hope to be able to write something interesting for you all

Best regards

Me!

OH dear Oh Dear,

The "German" supermarket sells a coffee machine for $79-00 and a frother Jug for $19,95 capsules are about $6-00 for a box of 18

It would not cost the line much to install a pod machine in the drink stations .. it would be about 1000% better than that "brewed" sludge thay call coffee

But writers are correct please come to Melbourne we have some of the worlds best coffee here

BTW we leave for Lisbon and Madeira on Sept 18th , no cruise ship only a large airbus .. but will hope to be able to write something interesting for you all

Best regards

Me!

Not sure the $79 one would last too long at a few thousand cups a day.

But there are some industrial type machines for just a few grand, even if they then had a dispenser for the pods at $1 each, well stocked variety wise.

I think one problem isthat while ever Americans think Starbucks is great coffee they can sell whatever slush they want.

I’m not really a coffee drinker, but when I do have one I want a good one.

Australia has developed a real coffee culture and there are many great baristas here producing some good brew.

I think one problem isthat while ever Americans think Starbucks is great coffee they can sell whatever slush they want.

I’m not really a coffee drinker, but when I do have one I want a good one.

Australia has developed a real coffee culture and there are many great baristas here producing some good brew.

Agreed, we have become coffee snobs. The coffee here is so good that it has become a search of the world for a decent coffee when travelling and yet nearly always ending in disappointment until we return home.

Agreed, we have become coffee snobs. The coffee here is so good that it has become a search of the world for a decent coffee when travelling and yet nearly always ending in disappointment until we return home.

I couldn't agree more Mic but I must add that like most food and drink, what I consider good coffee, you may not. I also think that the barista is an important part of coffee making. If the barista is bad, it doesn't matter how good the beans are, the coffee will not be the best.

On our last cruise on Golden earlier this year it really depended where you ordered your coffee from - we found the International Cafe usually served good coffee but the Promenade Lounge where we liked to sit made horrible coffee. So if we wanted coffee, down to the IC and back up with our cups. The bar near Horizon Court made quite nice coffee too.

Now back to drinking my morning cup!

Leigh

Best regards

Me!

Enjoy your trip VK3DQ!

Leigh

I couldn't agree more Mic but I must add that like most food and drink, what I consider good coffee, you may not. I also think that the barista is an important part of coffee making. If the barista is bad, it doesn't matter how good the beans are, the coffee will not be the best.

On our last cruise on Golden earlier this year it really depended where you ordered your coffee from - we found the International Cafe usually served good coffee but the Promenade Lounge where we liked to sit made horrible coffee. So if we wanted coffee, down to the IC and back up with our cups. The bar near Horizon Court made quite nice coffee too.

Leigh

Yep a bad barista can make the best coffee rubbish.

On Diamond Mrs Gut would wait till one bloke started his shift to get her cuppa.

Leigh

We had a similar experience on Diamond earlier this year. The coffee from the Patisserie (deck 5) was drinkable but not great - they were churning coffees out so fast they weren't keeping the machine as clean as it should have been. One morning we tried Crooners as there were no seats down below. Fantastic coffee! So we went there for the rest of the cruise.

Leigh

I think we may have similar tastes.

Princess should get COSTA Coffee on board their ships, like P&O UK have. Costa Coffee is everywhere in UK, in every town. Costa is owned by Whitbreads who own the Premier Inn chain.

Always a decent brew is Costa.:hearteyes:

Princess should get COSTA Coffee on board their ships, like P&O UK have. Costa Coffee is everywhere in UK, in every town. Costa is owned by Whitbreads who own the Premier Inn chain.

Always a decent brew is Costa.:hearteyes:

As a last resort. ;p The Costa chains were all over Barcelona as well. Luckily there was one just down the road from our hotel as DH said the hotel coffee was undrinkable.

We took 2 boxes of Nescafe Cappucinos on our recent cruises. Way to go, just add hot water from ye olde Horizon Court.:cool:

Mrs Gut takes the Aldi Chai Latte equivalent and some ginger tea bags, sends me up to the Horisontal Court for a thermos of hot water, works great for her.

Full title Horizontal Court “Come back Fat”.

I expect Royalties from Princess, or more accurately Mrs Gut does.

You are talking Septic Mr Gut, what next? 'Stewarts' in the HC? :rolleyes::eek: Please do not' call your Coke Zero 'Soda.':o:eek: Admonished and Discharged.

You are talking Septic Mr Gut, what next? 'Stewarts' in the HC? :rolleyes::eek: Please do not' call your Coke Zero 'Soda.':o:eek: Admonished and Discharged.

Don’t drink Zero Les, yuck rather drink water than that.

1st pick, but Princess only sell Coke, so Diet Coke.

Very nice with a dollop of Bundy Rum, as I do. Bundy Rum and Coke with ice, my winter drink, - 3 here overnight. The Grand Lab staying for a few weeks near froze to death, gave her a shot of Bundy in her brekkie. My Grandaugher Vet in training had a heart attack, lol.:o

Anzac Day nice to have a tot of Bundy in the Coffee before the March.

The thing I dislike most about Princess is the lack of coffee makers or even hot water machines in the cabins.

Yes I know you can call room service and get coffee or hot water but it means wasting time, 20 to 30 minutes to get your delivery. For a upper end mainstream line they really do fail with coffee all around.

Very nice with a dollop of Bundy Rum, as I do. Bundy Rum and Coke with ice, my winter drink, - 3 here overnight. The Grand Lab staying for a few weeks near froze to death, gave her a shot of Bundy in her brekkie. My Grandaugher Vet in training had a heart attack, lol.:o

Anzac Day nice to have a tot of Bundy in the Coffee before the March.

-4 at daughter’s place this morning, but then the silly girl left for Canberra at 4. The Take away near her could sell coffee till about 10 this morning, water pipes were frozen solid.

We are pet sitting too, her Dally and her Cat. Max likes hav8ng the dal, not sure he is so keen on the Cat, she swipes at him.

The thing I dislike most about Princess is the lack of coffee makers or even hot water machines in the cabins.

Yes I know you can call room service and get coffee or hot water but it means wasting time, 20 to 30 minutes to get your delivery. For a upper end mainstream line they really do fail with coffee all around.

Not just Princess, I'm afraid. Celebrity, RCL, and Carnival as well. I'm not sure about P&O but I suspect they don't either.

-4 at daughter’s place this morning, but then the silly girl left for Canberra at 4. The Take away near her could sell coffee till about 10 this morning, water pipes were frozen solid.

We are pet sitting too, her Dally and her Cat. Max likes hav8ng the dal, not sure he is so keen on the Cat, she swipes at him.

Yep -5 here in Canberra, sun came out around 10.30am. I tell you it is chilly playing Football on icy pitches.