Cam of the Day

Sun Princess is spending two days in Hong Kong due to Super Typhoon Maria, hitting Japan (Okinawa) and Taiwan.

Thanks for the. Update... they will have a floatinghotel in HK for 2days in the best spot.:)

Doesn't look like it is at the kai tak cruise terminal. must be at the old one.

Yes . Looks like she is at the Ocean Terminal, Kowloon. Shopping centre next door and just around corner to Star Ferry.

editing to add.

Just checked the cam this morning and looks like they have moved down to the Cruise Terminal at the old airport.

10_sun.jpg

Yes . Looks like she is at the Ocean Terminal, Kowloon. Shopping centre next door and just around corner to Star Ferry.

editing to add.

Just checked the cam this morning and looks like they have moved down to the Cruise Terminal at the old airport.

10_sun.jpg

That would be disappointing after experiencing the Ocean Terminal, which is such a great location.

I have never heard of it. Can they go the whole way through from Baltic to North sea?

Mic,

“The Kiel Canal is a 98-kilometre long freshwater canal in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein. The canal was finished in 1895, but later widened, and links the North Sea at Brunsbüttel to the Baltic Sea at Kiel-Holtenau. - Wikipedia”

So says Wikipedia - don’t ya love it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mic,

“The Kiel Canal is a 98-kilometre long freshwater canal in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein. The canal was finished in 1895, but later widened, and links the North Sea at Brunsbüttel to the Baltic Sea at Kiel-Holtenau. - Wikipedia”

So says Wikipedia - don’t ya love it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheers, nice little sojourn for the passengers.

I have never heard of it. Can they go the whole way through from Baltic to North sea?

When we did the “Baltic” we had 2 must do’s. We wanted a cruise that had 2 days in St Petersburg and a transit of the Kiel Canal. That narrowed it down to only one ship...Norwegian Dream , which was struggling along on reduced power and had to miss a port in order to maintain the timetable. It turned out to be one of our best cruises ever. Our day in the canal began with a German OoomPah band coming on board at the entrance lock and then they played throughout the day up on deck. Lots of German Beer consumed through the day .

Sailing through the canal is like a drive in the countryside, as you have farms and towns on either side. At some points a path runs alongside and the locals all come and wave or ride their bikes along with the ship while having conversations with those on board.

The number of ships doing the canal these days is very limited and it is becoming the realm of only the expensive and luxury cruises that use the smaller ships.

We did Dover return which went through the canal to St Petersburg on the way up , then back around Denmark to the North Sea .

Kiwi Kruzer, thanks for the information. I thought I knew a bit of geography but I sure learnt some today :D And yes Porky 55, wiki is a great resource.

Looks like another addition to the bucket-list, albeit for our retirement years. So the once in a lifetime European trip just keeps getting bigger for us - we'll have to go for 3-4 months I think:)

Kiwi Kruzer, thanks for the information. I thought I knew a bit of geography but I sure learnt some today :D And yes Porky 55, wiki is a great resource.

Looks like another addition to the bucket-list, albeit for our retirement years. So the once in a lifetime European trip just keeps getting bigger for us - we'll have to go for 3-4 months I think:)

That is the real problem, the list just seems to grow instead of getting smaller.

When we did the “Baltic” we had 2 must do’s. We wanted a cruise that had 2 days in St Petersburg and a transit of the Kiel Canal. That narrowed it down to only one ship...Norwegian Dream , which was struggling along on reduced power and had to miss a port in order to maintain the timetable. It turned out to be one of our best cruises ever. Our day in the canal began with a German OoomPah band coming on board at the entrance lock and then they played throughout the day up on deck. Lots of German Beer consumed through the day .

Sailing through the canal is like a drive in the countryside, as you have farms and towns on either side. At some points a path runs alongside and the locals all come and wave or ride their bikes along with the ship while having conversations with those on board.

The number of ships doing the canal these days is very limited and it is becoming the realm of only the expensive and luxury cruises that use the smaller ships.

We did Dover return which went through the canal to St Petersburg on the way up , then back around Denmark to the North Sea .

The Kiel Canal and St Petersburg were on my wish list also for a Baltic Cruise. Passage through the Kiel Canal during daylight hours is a highlight, as David has mentioned. We cruised from Dover with Fred Olsen's Black Watch.