BON VOYAGE Sea Princess World Cruise 2018

Enjoyed the many threads on Sea Princess world tour. My wife, Judith, and I,Allen, are flying out of Auckland this coming Sunday to join up with Sea Princess in Southampton then, back to Auckland. 30 hours to get there and 52 days to return. Couldn't be better.

Enjoyed the many threads on Sea Princess world tour. My wife, Judith, and I,Allen, are flying out of Auckland this coming Sunday to join up with Sea Princess in Southampton then, back to Auckland. 30 hours to get there and 52 days to return. Couldn't be better.

Bon Voyage, have a wonderful time.:):)

All the best Kerikeri. Have a wonderful time. :)

Karryl

Bon Voyage. It must have been an added pleasure following the Sea Princess World Cruise knowing you would be joining her in Southhampton.

I don't envy you your 30 hours. I did 48 hours from Rio to Perth, to Bunbury, via Auckland, that included two 6 hour stopovers. I leave Perth Late Monday evening, to join in Southampton. See you there. K

Way overpriced those WC's to/from Sydney. For a couple the whole cruise in a balcony cabin with drinks, shorex etc, would have to runout @ $100k plus.:loudcry::eek:

But for those going, enjoy.

I don't envy you your 30 hours. I did 48 hours from Rio to Perth, to Bunbury, via Auckland, that included two 6 hour stopovers. I leave Perth Late Monday evening, to join in Southampton. See you there. K

Bon Voyage. Enjoy your shorter flight from Perth. Do you fly non-stop?

Not this time. Am using FFlyers and going Prem Econ with Cathay. only 3 hours more than the nonstop. My cabin mate went nonstop last week, said they arrived half and hour early. I am doing that one on new years eve. and back in March. K

An interesting port.

It is!, do you see the bridges that the ship is looking at?, that is the road you use to get in and out of the port and all the trucks use that road as well as the bus for cruise ships passengers.

When we visited Salerno last year it took us ages to get back in to the port, as the roads where so busy with trucks going to different place around the port and only one road in to the port.

We last visited Salerno on a "cruise" on board a car carrier in 2011. Had a really interesting time and loved the wandering round the narrow back streets and standing outside the Teatro Verdi listening to the opera singers practicing. We also found that to visit Amalfi cost 2 euros return on the local bus. Brilliant experience and amazing sights. Great place to visit.

I had heard that the cruise ships dock very near the city of Barcelona. Is this right?

In the photo it looks a bit industrial.

We will be there on the Saphire in November 2019 so just wondering if we can just walk into the city to catch the hop on hop off bus?

I had heard that the cruise ships dock very near the city of Barcelona. Is this right?

In the photo it looks a bit industrial.

We will be there on the Saphire in November 2019 so just wondering if we can just walk into the city to catch the hop on hop off bus?

Heres an aerial shot I found of the port. It is a cruise hub and caters for many ships. The smaller ships can dock by the World Trade Centre in the foreground and the big ones out on the "spur" where you can see the 5 cruise ships. There are 3 terminals out there and shuttles run to the port entrance which is just over the road from Los Ramblas. The HOHO bus leaves from where the shuttles drop you off .

19_barcelona_port.jpg