Cancelling 1 Guest?

Hello, we booked a cruise with my in laws for February 2019, 3 separate rooms. We separated our 3 young children into the rooms so that we could get 3 side by side balconies (ship we are on does not have 5 people non-suite rooms evidently).

Room 1-

Husband

Me

Child1

Room 2-

MIL

FIL

Child2

Room 3-

SIL

Boyfriend

Child3

Anyway, The Boyfriend just broke up with SIL and now we dont have someone to take his place in room #3. What can we do? Do we have to try to find someone to fill his spot or have a large penalty? Or will Child 3 take his “spot” for the fare he was under? Not sure if I’m wording that correctly. His fare was around $550, Child3 fare was $150ish. Can someone help walk us through this? I intend on calling Carnival tomorrow, but would like to give SIL some kind of answer tonight because she is quite upset and wondering about this.

Thanks!

Hello, we booked a cruise with my in laws for February 2019, 3 separate rooms. We separated our 3 young children into the rooms so that we could get 3 side by side balconies (ship we are on does not have 5 people non-suite rooms evidently).

Room 1-

Husband

Me

Child1

Room 2-

MIL

FIL

Child2

Room 3-

SIL

Boyfriend

Child3

Anyway, The Boyfriend just broke up with SIL and now we dont have someone to take his place in room #3. What can we do? Do we have to try to find someone to fill his spot or have a large penalty? Or will Child 3 take his “spot” for the fare he was under? Not sure if I’m wording that correctly. His fare was around $550, Child3 fare was $150ish. Can someone help walk us through this? I intend on calling Carnival tomorrow, but would like to give SIL some kind of answer tonight because she is quite upset and wondering about this.

Thanks!

The promotion you booked under will make a difference, hopefully this was not an Early Saver booking.

Did everyone have insurance? If yes the child is good. If not the child will incur the 2nd passenger rate

Because you booked early saver rate. There is no finding someone to take his place. There is no name changes allowed. And no changes. He loses his deposit and 200 is placed to the next cruise.

Everyone in that cabin would need insurance. But what happens if they get back together. ? Make sure insurance is cancel for any reason. Look at insuremytrip.com

She doesnt think they will but who knows?

So either way we are looking at a couple hundred bucks? It has not been paid in full yet, I believe their portion still has $200 left

You may want to call your PVP and I realize it can depend on your promo when it was booked but we recently had a similar situation where my son couldn’t go and we were simply able to make a name change (online with no assistance from Carnival). The one caveat being it needed to be done before final payment was due. After that we would’ve had some fees/penalties. Hope this helps some. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may want to call your PVP and I realize it can depend on your promo when it was booked but we recently had a similar situation where my son couldn’t go and we were simply able to make a name change (online with no assistance from Carnival). The one caveat being it needed to be done before final payment was due. After that we would’ve had some fees/penalties. Hope this helps some. Good luck!

Thank you, we booked online with carnival, so no pvp that I know of. Did you have to find someone else to go? SIL doesnt have anyone she would want to go with her at this time,

Yes, my mom is going in his place. I was told if we we didn’t do anything, and again, this would’ve been after final payment date, that we’d get back taxes and port fees. If the final payment is still a ways out, maybe just keep it status quo. Even though you didn’t use a PVP to book, I’d still call. “We” just have our opinions or personal experiences...”they” are supposed to be able to tell you exactly what your options are.

Yes, my mom is going in his place. I was told if we we didn’t do anything, and again, this would’ve been after final payment date, that we’d get back taxes and port fees. If the final payment is still a ways out, maybe just keep it status quo. Even though you didn’t use a PVP to book, I’d still call. “We” just have our opinions or personal experiences...”they” are supposed to be able to tell you exactly what your options are.

Thanks!

She doesnt think they will but who knows? So either way we are looking at a couple hundred bucks? It has not been paid in full yet, I believe their portion still has $200 left

The earlier you get the insurance its cheaper. It goes by the age of the person-- so the kid will be super cheaper.

The earlier you get the insurance its cheaper. It goes by the age of the person-- so the kid will be super cheaper.

Group insurance - like what is available through Carnival - is not age dependent. The older you are, the more it makes sense. Carnival does include a cancel for any reason clause - not sure exactly how it works, but think you get 75% credit toward a future cruise. Something to consider.

Room 1-

Husband

Me

Child1

Room 2-

MIL

FIL

Child2

Room 3-

SIL

Boyfriend

Child3

Thanks!

I would try and find someone

1- because of the rate

2- name change cost $50

You can transfer your booking to a PVP or travel agent. I would do that and then let them work for you to find all the options for you...

Really? I didnt know that!

Um... How do i find one? We’ve only spoken to one travel agent ever and she wasnt very easy to work with.

Really? I didnt know that!

Um... How do i find one? We’ve only spoken to one travel agent ever and she wasnt very easy to work with.

call carnival and ask for a PVP.

Hopefully this booking is not with a private agent

Well.. I remembered a carnival one had contacted me a few months ago and so i reached out to him.. He said he cant transfer the booking to his name so he cant help me. I thought I had read on here it could be transferred and they would get their portion?

Guess I’ll try calling tomorrow to see what can be done. :(