Ventura suite D736

Purdey16

Hi everyone,

Just booked our very first suite to Norway after years of inside cabins can anybody give me any tips on what to expect and being at the end of the ship do you feel any virbration while sailing , I know I would feel it when we come in to dock , also any tips etc ,never had a butler we always leave our gratuity on so do you tip the butler every time you use him or just a little extra at the end , I don't want to be rude and not do the right thing

Thank you for any tips

Sandra

We have twice had aft suites on both Ventura and Azura but not on D deck, only C deck and once on A deck, so I can't comment on that particular suite. We have only felt any movement when the thrusters are in operation when docking but this is only for a short while and has never bothered us. You will find that you do hear the noise of the sea but we love that and find it's quite soporific. It's lovely standing at the balcony rail, glass in hand, watching the wake. We have never felt any more movement being at the rear but I know some people say they do.

As far as the Butler is concerned we have never given tips as we go along. It now states that the Butler is covered by the Auto tips which we always leave on but we usually give him something extra at the end. As to how much it depends how much we've used him. We sometimes ask our table companions for a drink on the last formal evening, before dinner. The Butler will organise this, provide extra glasses if needed, although you have a fair few in the suite, extra canapes if you want them, and then best of all he will clear it all away while you are at dinner! He will stay to serve the drinks if you want him to. The Butlers really want to ensure you have a good time and we've always found them tremendously helpful and never intrusive. If there's anything else you want to ask please do.

Thank you for replying annieuk we are really looking forward to it even though it's September 19 , I am a early riser and love to get photos of sun rise and sun sets , we were on Ventura at the weekend when we booked it and tryed to have a wee peak at it especially the balcony because the rep said some have a big metal support in the middle but someone was still in the suite. Thank you again for any information.

We were in D734 (next door )came back last Friday .

Not a suite but it is so peacefull on the aft .

We had a peak in to the suite and it did look lovely .

Have fun,Ventura is a great ship .

That's good to know. My DH and I are booked in suite D736 next August and my brother and his daughter in D734.

We were in D734 (next door )came back last Friday .

Not a suite but it is so peacefull on the aft .

We had a peak in to the suite and it did look lovely .

Have fun,Ventura is a great ship .

Thanks BandBlady you got off last Friday and we got on for 3 days (hense booking) had a great time, had 3.30 embarkation time but on ship 12.20 and booked spar and had lunch all by 1 o'clock only down side had really rough weather going to Bruges and coming home was worse , thanks for all replies I think I will stick with the suite :)