11:10 flight out of hobby. Possible?

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot to do on the Strand in Galveston right by the ships so you shouldn't be stuck for things to do. Try the Nautical Antiques shop, La Kings Confectionary (old time soda fountain, ice cream, and candy store), and lots of interesting shopping and places to eat. You can even tour the tall ship Elisa and do the Off Shore Oil Rig museum. They are all within a few blocks of where the ships port.

There is a cruise parking garage across the street from the cruise terminals, called VIP parking that has a very nice and trustworthy lady attending it. I would guess she would be happy to keep an eye on your bags for a tip while you explore the area.

Hi all,

I’m cruising on Carnival Vista this upcoming October. We will arrive on a Sunday. Is an 11:10 flight possible or am I just tempting fate? Next available flight is at 2:40. Thanks for any advice!

Not sure if that is a realistic time line. It will take at the very least 45 minutes to get to Hobby Airport and probably another 40 minutes to IAH. We usually aren’t released from the ship until 8-9am and have read on other posts that Port of Galveston can be a bit slow in getting the ship cleared for disembarkation. You will have to go through Customs and be checked in and at the airline gate at least one half hour before the plane leaves. If it was my call I would do the 2:40 flight and save yourself a lot of stress after having an awesome vacation!