Has Cococay new pier construction started?

Can't speak to the waterpark, zip line, etc., but pier construction had started when we were there last August. It was originally supposed to be complete by June (2018), but from what I hear, it will be at least September.

It was well under weigh last August.

It does not affect any activities, as the construction is to the right when you tender in.

OTOH, the construction of the new water park is blocking access to that end of the island.

Scheduled completion is Oct this year. But I would not hold my breath.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We were there last week and there is no way the pier will be finished by August. I doubt this year even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Vision on January 5, 2019 and Royal just informed us that due to construction we will not be stopping at Coco Cay. They are way behind schedule.

Did they give you the option to cancel with no penalty? Looks like our 3/2/19 cruise will be going to Miami instead of CocoCay.

Thanks for this info...I am so glad I didn't book Symphony is late May because that was the only reason I was doing that itinerary was to go to Cococay. So either I won't be booking with Symphony until November, after hurricane season or I'll be do a different itinerary.

I really wish RCCL would post construction updates on their website so people don't make plans to book a cruise that is going to Cococay.

I really wish RCCL would post construction updates on their website so people don't make plans to book a cruise that is going to Cococay.

They do have this webpage with the most recent dates on the website. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/when-does-perfect-day-at-cococay-open

As of today, this is what it says, but of course that could change.

We’ll be opening new attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay in phases with full completion targeted for December 2019.

• The new pier will open in November 2018.
  • Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.
  • Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aquapark, Captain Jack’s dining, Skipper’s Grill dining, and Captain Jack’s Galleon will open in May 2019.
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Please note that these dates might be subject to change depending on the progress of construction.

Think that is not currently updated. I got the November 2018 pier completion date a month or so ago, however, based on the photos that is not going to happen. And canceling stops there in January and March for some is a sign that they might be way off schedule. Just sucks because I was soooo looking forward to my planned cruise in May on either Harmony or symphony, but I'm not even going to chance a booking now that I can't get out of.

We are on Mariner in November (11/12), and due to stop in CocoCay.

I have mobility issues, and not a fan of tendering. We booked a cabana because we were told the pier would be finished. :cool:

<fingers crossed>

When your E-docs are issued, check to see if it says tender or docked. But then again knowing Royal's website folks, it may say tendered a year after the new pier opens. We are tendering, for what I hope if the last time. I'm 5 for 5 making it to the island.

When your E-docs are issued, check to see if it says tender or docked. But then again knowing Royal's website folks, it may say tendered a year after the new pier opens. We are tendering, for what I hope if the last time. I'm 5 for 5 making it to the island.

Yes, they are not known for the most current information on their website. Their agents are not much better with current...correct...information, I've learned.

At least I know I can cancel the cabana if we learn we are tendering...though we really want to spend the day on the island. (Though I have to wonder if there will be lots of construction noise from all the work they are doing on "Royal World" theme park.:evilsmile:)

• 2 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Vision on January 5, 2019 and Royal just informed us that due to construction we will not be stopping at Coco Cay. They are way behind schedule.

That was done to avoid 2 ships their the same day while the new "perfect day" construction is going on, not related to the pier, which they are currently saying Novemember 2018 for.

Does anyone know if the construction at Cococay for the new pier, waterpark, zip line, etc has started? If so, does it interfere in any way with the current activities on the island? Is there a lot of construction noise while you are there?

We were there in April & they were building. It didn’t interfere with the tender. Headed bank next week. I’ll update.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums