'Yeti' type bottles

Jodi H

We plan on bringing a reusable bottle on our next cruise for our cold beverages. Those who do this do you bring a couple of bottles each, one for water for excursions and one for alcoholic beverages or just use the same one for both? Do you also bring a reusable mug for hot drinks? I can't see bringing 3 dang cups each in our suitcase :'):'):')

Our first cruise we didn't bring any and for our second cruise I brought mugs for tea in the morning and after dinner but bought water bottles.

Is there a certain type bottle that's better than others? I've heard people mention Yeti and I'm not familiar with those in my small Canadian town but see I can order online. Is that the type to get? How big is reasonable for excursions? With a handle or not? What's YOUR preference? Thanks!

We plan on bringing a reusable bottle on our next cruise for our cold beverages. Those who do this do you bring a couple of bottles each, one for water for excursions and one for alcoholic beverages or just use the same one for both? Do you also bring a reusable mug for hot drinks? I can't see bringing 3 dang cups each in our suitcase :'):'):')

Our first cruise we didn't bring any and for our second cruise I brought mugs for tea in the morning and after dinner but bought water bottles.

Is there a certain type bottle that's better than others? I've heard people mention Yeti and I'm not familiar with those in my small Canadian town but see I can order online. Is that the type to get? How big is reasonable for excursions? With a handle or not? What's YOUR preference? Thanks!

Not sure why you would need to bring your own mug/bottle for alcoholic and hot beverages. Those come in cups.... The reason to bring your own bottle for water would be to avoid buying bottled water on board. I use an Under Armor/Thermos double-walled bottle that does an excellent job of keeping water and ice cold for about 24 hours.

Are you planning on packing the kitchen sink too? Why so many beverage holders???? If you need mugs for tea, they'll be available in the Buffet at the hot beverage station. You should also have them in the cabin if you get a coffee maker with that level of cabin.

Just bring a refillable bottle you are comfortable with, Yeti seems to be very expensive. I'm sure you have similar in the Great White North. Would you need more than a liter bottle? IF you get thirsty in a port you can always purchase something so its not as though you will be stuck without having something to drink.

I get it. I have taken a hot cup and cold cup when I have had room. But used the same cold cup for water and other cold beverages, or just water and drank the adult beverages out of their cups. For the others wondering why: Don't want to buy ridiculously priced water on the cruise and want constant access to ice water. Like to have coffee stay hot a while and enjoy on my balcony or wherever, and not sit in the buffet with the mug that results in cold coffee in 10 minutes.

We brought our yetis, I purchased knock off handles for them on amazon. We basically used them for ice water and coffee (definitely needed more than those tiny buffet coffee cups). They keep cold drinks iced cold forever, hot drinks hot forever. Off if the ship, we just bought cheap bottles of water at the pier.

I always bring a cheap 16 oz or cup for coffee in the morning. something bigger than the ridiculously small cups they give you at the buffet. Makes it a lot easier to take your coffee on the go and not run out of coffee shortly after you got it. I have a basic Nalgene bottle that I filled with water that I take with me when going off the ship or anywhere else that I want water. Same cup that I use for coffee I will sometimes dump a frozen drink in too just to keep it cold longer.

No need to spend big bucks on a yeti especially because you might lose it.

My most recent cruise I forgot to bring a mug and I bought a cheap mug with Alaska on it at a store at our first port. Cost me $5.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t speak for Yeti but I will endorse Bubba cups.

I bought ours after a fellow camper bragged that his 24 oz bubba cup would keep the same ice in it for a day outside in 80degree temps. When he opened his cup the next day and it still had ice I knew I had to get one.

We bought ours at Walmart in Newmarket, Ontario. We use them every weekend and use them for beer, water , mixed drinks, and once the canister is cold your drink will always stay cold. The sticker had a hot drink rating but I can’t remember what it is.

We plan to take them on our next cruise. They worked out great at a land based resort - we’d hand them too the bartenders and they would fill them no problem.

Yetis are double walled stainless steel cups, tumblers and bottles. They are just one brand and while once they were the only one, there are now numerous knock offs that work just as well. RTIC is one, Corkcicle is another. Even Walmart has their own brand that stands up fairly well against a Yeti. I carry a double walled vacuum canteen to work every day, it keeps a drink cold for 25 hours with just a few ice cubes.

We take Corkcicle canteens, for a couple of reasons. One of them is that they are vacuum sealed - so a soda lasts a very long time without going flat (or hot) and you can fill them with liquid, cap them off and throw them in your backpack for a day in port with no spills.

If I was a big drinker, I'd probably take cups instead (Corkcicle or Yeti, we have both) but I don't drink enough for it to make a difference and for me, having an ice cold water in by backpack is more important!

Canadian Tire has lots of options for hot & cold, usually at a price point I won't mind losing. If you use water bottles, coffee thermos in your regular life, you will want them on the cruise, if you don't you will wonder why you packed them. (this is my hubby and I - I use them, he finds it a waste)

If I am eating breakfast at the buffet, I want a larger coffee cup, if I am in a rush to get off the ship, I bring coffee. I always have a water bottle with me, often 1/2 liter on the ship, larger for shore excursions. Bar drinks, I drink at the bar or restaurant - I'm to much of a klutz to walk with something that might stain

Why would anyone pay that much money for a water bottle? Go to Walmart and buy one there. I bought mine for about $2 and I put a carabiner on the top and I clip it to my purse strap for my excursions. The MD fills it with ice & water for me every morning.

Just bought a couple of hot/cold drink containers with a cover from the dollar store. Don't want anything that I would be upset with if it got lost. These have worked great on several cruises.

Do these keep drinks hot/cold for long periods of time?

Edited by Jodi H
Typo

Why would anyone pay that much money for a water bottle? Go to Walmart and buy one there. I bought mine for about $2 and I put a carabiner on the top and I clip it to my purse strap for my excursions. The MD fills it with ice & water for me every morning.

Exactly my point. I'm not seeing the advantage to one of these over a Wal-Mart one and was asking if there was something I'm missing and for opinions. Thanks.

Not sure why you would need to bring your own mug/bottle for alcoholic and hot beverages. Those come in cups.... The reason to bring your own bottle for water would be to avoid buying bottled water on board. I use an Under Armor/Thermos double-walled bottle that does an excellent job of keeping water and ice cold for about 24 hours.

Thank you. I use the hot beverage cup for tea as I prefer a large one rather than multiple tea cups when I sit on my balcony. I put it in there and it stays hot the entire time while I enjoy it. As for one for alcoholic beverages, I hadn't brought one but someone mentioned they bring one to put 2 drinks in at a time saving trips up to the bar and keeping your drinks from watering down as quickly while sitting by the pool since they were insulated. I'm not a huge drinker, it was just a thought. I think I will bring something for water and my coffee cup.

I ageee yeti is kinda a Cadillac. If you feel compelled to do a water bottle, get a cheap one. Otherwise an empty water bottle is good enough.

I get it. I have taken a hot cup and cold cup when I have had room. But used the same cold cup for water and other cold beverages, or just water and drank the adult beverages out of their cups. For the others wondering why: Don't want to buy ridiculously priced water on the cruise and want constant access to ice water. Like to have coffee stay hot a while and enjoy on my balcony or wherever, and not sit in the buffet with the mug that results in cold coffee in 10 minutes.

Phew! Thank you:) Exactly what I will be doing. I will continue to use the plastic cups for my drinks, sweating glasses and melting ice cubes be damned. I just couldn't picture bringing 2 (but sure will be!) let alone 3 cups. I was also looking for recommendations on a handle or no for excursions but no biggie.

Thanks for reassuring me I'm not losing my mind...or we both are ;)

I ageee yeti is kinda a Cadillac. If you feel compelled to do a water bottle, get a cheap one. Otherwise an empty water bottle is good enough.

Thanks! I'm happy without the Cadillac :)

I can’t speak for Yeti but I will endorse Bubba cups.

I bought ours after a fellow camper bragged that his 24 oz bubba cup would keep the same ice in it for a day outside in 80degree temps. When he opened his cup the next day and it still had ice I knew I had to get one.

We bought ours at Walmart in Newmarket, Ontario. We use them every weekend and use them for beer, water , mixed drinks, and once the canister is cold your drink will always stay cold. The sticker had a hot drink rating but I can’t remember what it is.

We plan to take them on our next cruise. They worked out great at a land based resort - we’d hand them too the bartenders and they would fill them no problem.

Well now those sound perfect!

After my business partner raving about a cup he had put ice and water in and it was still ice cold a full day later, I had to try the brand for our upcoming Oct cruise.

The brand is mybevi. There are 4 of us Golden Girls going on the cruise, and my husband has been looking for a cold/hot cup so I bought a 6 pack, they eneded and was $10 bucks a piece.

I bought the black with the little loop handle on top so we could carry them on our purse, belt etc.

My husband and I tried it this weekend. Filled it up with ice & water, left it outside and it was still ice cold longer than 24 hours later.

Mybevi cups were actually cheaper on their direct website vs Amazon or anywhere I found.

Also, got a free gift which were 4 tumbler straws.

Hope that helps...

Roberta