Under lido or outside IMAX? Opinions please

Laurie7724

Sailing on Carnival Horizon! I really want the lido deck but unfortunately nothing is available :(. I don’t want to be lower then deck 9 but unfortunately there are only 2 rooms still available on deck 9. So my choices are right under the lido buffet dead center or the cabin right outside the door of the imax theatre. Any opinions from those that have been in either cabin type would be much appreciated :)

Sailing on Carnival Horizon! I really want the lido deck but unfortunately nothing is available :(. I don’t want to be lower then deck 9 but unfortunately there are only 2 rooms still available on deck 9. So my choices are right under the lido buffet dead center or the cabin right outside the door of the imax theatre. Any opinions from those that have been in either cabin type would be much appreciated :)

Both horrible, next time book earlier.

Both horrible, next time book earlier.[/quote

LOL THANKS! BUT have you stayed in either to support your opinion?

He/she won't respond to your question. They never do. Just ignore it/them (literally). I wish I could answer your question, but have never stayed in either location. I assume both will be noisy.If you are a light sleeper you might want to take ear plugs. These aren't ideal room locations, but I realize sometimes you have to take what you can get. Happy cruising!

If you normally go to bed later (like around 1:00 AM) I would take the IMAX rooms. You may experience noise and some vibration from the IMAX during movies.

The noise from being underneath the middle of the Lido buffet will be less intense, but you may have noises at all hours of the day and night. Fortunately aside from cabins 9401, 9402, 9405, and 9406, it looks like there aren’t any cabins under the Lido galley spaces, so it shouldn’t be as bad as it would be on other ships.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

I have been under Lido once... I cannot remember which cruise, but nope, not again. The dance parties, the furniture being moved around (under main deck, NOT buffet) was annoying. I have not been near/under/over iMax, but those things are loud. Sight unseen, if I had to pick, I would roll the dice and say under the Lido buffet. That is my unqualified response :-p

Lido deck buffet area is carpeted. So no noise issues there. But you are going to get rolling cart noises throughout the day- Not late at night but those carts start early in the AM

I would NEVER ever book a cabin around the Imax. (dont have to stay in one to know its not a good choice for us)

I think I would rather go down one deck than be under the buffet or by the imax. Of course, depending on what time the imax movies show, it may work out for you there. I feel like the buffet area will have noise starting pretty early, but if you tend to be an early riser, that may not be an issue for you. We were under Lido on our Princess cruise & heard some noise from a deck party, which was only one night and rumbling noises nightly from what I would guess were carts. Sounded a lot like thunder. We are early risers, so I don't even remember morning noises. I would expect that to be pretty much the same on any ship.

We are sailing horizon June 2019. We are in a balcony on the 7th floor and we are across from the imax. I think the 9th floor is just the "space" above it. we were on the vista in 2017 and the imax movies ended relatively early.