Taormina and Kotor or Sarande?

Not sure that this is where to post this, since it's about three ports in three different countries. I'm comparing two cruises and trying to decide on one. Both cruises have the main ports we want to visit; the ports I'm writing about are the "secondary" ports, for lack of a better term One cruise visits Taormina and Kotor; the other Sarande. Yes, one sailing has an extra port. I've looked at the shore excursions offered, but nothing is jumping out and saying "book me!" Any recommendations? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Sarande itself is not a very charming port, and if you were to stay in the city I would agree with others that Taomina and Kotor are more likeable ports.

HOWEVER, if you are interested in Roman/Byzantine ruins, Sarande has a lovely set of ruins, called Butrint, in a nice archaeological park about 30 minutes from the city. If you Google it, you'll see what I mean. Most ships offer tours there and it is well worth it to see the ruins and a little of the pretty natural scenery outside Sarande.

So.... if you like ruins, don't count Sarande out. (Or if you just want to add Albania to your list of countries visited, lol....)

Thank you, Lastdance, cruisemom42, and oshmom for your replies. We booked the cruise with Kotor and Taormina. We preferred the sailing date, as well as the ports. Cruisemom42, if we had gone to Sarande, we would definitely have toured Butrint. We love the archeological sites.